Written by Michelle Paver
Lovereading4kids Price £10.39
£12.99 saving £2.60 (20%)
when in stock
As soon as this book is back in stock we will send you an email.Compare book price We'd love you to buy your books from Lovereading - especially if we helped you to choose them! But as our mantra is guidance, and that includes guidance on price, please do use our 'Compare Book Price' service to discover if the best value deal is from Lovereading or another specialist bookstore.
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
The Lovereading4Kids comment
Shortlisted for the 2013 Leeds Book Award - September 2012 MEGA Book of the Month. By the best-selling author of Wolf Brother, Gods and Warriors is this year's most hotly anticipated children's novel. The first book in a breathtaking adventure series set in the Greek Bronze Age: a time when the lowliest goatherd could rise to become a hero.
Kids love to read and so in addition to our Lovereading expert opinion some of our Lovereading4kids Reader Review Panel were also lucky enough to read and review this title.
- Lewis Duckworth, age 12 - 'book is amazing and you definitely should not hesitate to get this book. If you see it at the shops don’t just look at it .... BUY IT!!!!!!' Read full review >
- Ellen Faulkner, age 12 - 'The Outsiders was fairly good and it moved at a good pace but it lacked a little bit in the plot. I felt like there could have been more but it was okay.' Read full review >
- Mukunth Kowsik, age 12 - 'If there is a book with a steady storyline that will take you into the story without any complications and keep you on the edge of your seat until the end, it's The Outsiders.’ Read full review >
- James Lawrence Griffith, aged 10 - 'This gripping historical adventure story would suit all adventure lovers with an interest in mythology. I loved it and found it similar to the Percy Jackson books.' Read full review >
- Lucy Minton, age 10 - 'An excellent read because it draws you in from the start...I would recommend this book because it is fast paced and ends on a cliffhanger.' Read full review >
- Adam Pattenden, age 12 - 'The first installment in what promises to be a brilliant series describing a boy's desperate search for his sister in Ancient Greece.' Read full review >
- Lucy Allan-Jones, age 12 - 'The Outsiders is a compelling, nerve-wracking, unputdownable and unique story. Read full review >
- Robert White, age 10 - 'A gripping read, this book is impossible to put down. Gods, warriors, a chase, a shipwreck, a rescue, what else could you ask for?' Read full review >
- Jenny Bridgeman, age 8 - 'This book brought me to a mystical place where gods and warriors are born.' Read full review >
- Tabi Cooper, age 12 - 'Action. Adventure. Survival. Following the mythological story of Hylas, a twin, this shows us what it feels like to be an outsider.' Read full review >
- Lucas Abbott, age 9 - 'Great story, great characters, a gripping tale.'
Caelainn, age 9 - 'I enjoyed the book. I liked how the author used description, so I had a clear picture in my head.' Read full review >
The Outsiders by Michelle Paver
Hylas couldn't take it in. Last night he and Issi had made a camp in a cave. Now his sister was missing, his dog was dead, and he was running for his life. The Black Warriors - nightmares of black rawhide armour and bronze spears - want him dead. He doesn't know why, but their pursuit will be relentless. So begins his quest across land and sea with only Pirra, the rebellious daughter of a High Priestess, and a dolphin called Spirit for company. By the best-selling author of Wolf Brother, Gods and Warriors is this year's most hotly anticipated children's novel. The first book in a breathtaking adventure series set in the Greek Bronze Age: a time when the lowliest goatherd could rise to become a hero.
Paver is the mistress of suspense -- Amanda Craig The Times
The kind of story you dream of reading and all too rarely find The Times
A classic children's book ... superb writing -- Anthony Horowitz
These books are full of magic, adventure and action, and they appeal equally to both sexes -- Charlie Higson
Like other great children's books which also entrance adults, Wolf Brother conjures up an utterly believable, yet original world where the story grips you to the very last page -- Sir Ian McKellen
About the Author
More books by Michelle Paver
Author's Facebook Latest
Puffin Books an imprint of Penguin Books Ltd
28th August 2012
A great way to introduce kids to great books, authors & genres. Parents can find age-appropriate books to share with their children.Judi Davies – Aberdare Girls Sch
It’s so easy to find the right book for your child. Such an easy-to-use, yet in-depth website. 100% reliable.Pippa, Jack, Liam & Matthew Wils
We love Lovereading4kids because they put books in front of us we wouldn’t otherwise have read. They make us more adventurous readers!Emily Jacques
I love ‘LoveReading 4 kids’ because they let you read and learn things you’d never dreamed of learning before.Emily Horncastle – age 11
Lovereading4kids is great, we get books really early never late. We love to read and review, and think you would like it too. The excitementJasmine Harris-Hart, age 12
I love Lovereading as it provides an honest opinion and showcases a range of fiction. Suited to both parents & kids alike, it’s a must-use.Georgie Rowe – age 16
I love finding new books to read. My mummy and me look at the new ones coming out. I have written reviews of some of them!Jessica Cobbin – age 7
I love Lovereading because I often never know what to read and this helps you find a good book. I have recommended this to many people.Shannon-Louise Masters – age 15