Written by Charlie Higson
Part of the The Enemy Series
Lovereading4kids Price £10.39
£12.99 saving £2.60 (20%)
when in stock
As soon as this book is back in stock we will send you an email.Compare book price We'd love you to buy your books from Lovereading - especially if we helped you to choose them! But as our mantra is guidance, and that includes guidance on price, please do use our 'Compare Book Price' service to discover if the best value deal is from Lovereading or another specialist bookstore.
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
Selected by our Editorial Experts
April 2013 Book of the Month. There aren't many authors who are able to conjure up fear and terror in the way Charlie Higson does so brilliantly in his series The Enemy of which The Sacrifice is the fourth. His brilliantly imagined dystopian world is a non-stop action-packed page turner. Get ready for a white knuckle ride more terrifying than ever.
Kids love to read and so in addition to our Lovereading expert review, some of our Lovereading4kids Reader Review Panel were also lucky enough to read and review the first title in the series, The Enemy. You can read their reviews below.
- Rose Heathcote, age 15 - 'If you love lots of blood and gore then this book is for you. A fast action thriller which is both scary and emotional at the same time, you will be on the edge of your seat from the very beginning.' Read full review >
- Josh Hall, age 14 - 'An exciting and heart pounding page turner! You won't be disappointed.' Read full review >
- Esmé, age 14 - 'This book is sufficiently gory to satisfy ANY teenagers (or grown-ups) appetite. AWESOME.' Read full review >
- Ronan McCarthy, age 13 - 'All in all a great book, I look forward to reading the sequels.' Read full review >
- Jacob Lawrence, age 11 - 'I loved this book and couldn’t put it down.' Read full review >
- Luke Bauer, age 11 - 'Too freaky for me - it gave me the freaky-deakies!' Read full review >
- Benjy Randall, age 10 - 'A very entertaining book for boys who like action and adventure.' Read full review >
The Sacrifice by Charlie Higson
The sickness destroyed everyone over the age of fourteen. All across London diseased adults are waiting, hungry predators with rotten flesh and ravaged minds. Small Sam and his unlikely ally, The Kid, have survived. They're safe with Ed and his friends at the Tower of London, but Sam is desperate to find his sister. Their search for Ella means Sam and The Kid must cross the forbidden zone. And what awaits them there is more terrifying than any of the horror they've suffered so far ...
Lord of the Flies with zombies ... tons of nail-biting action -- Rick Riordan, Creator Of The Percy Jackson Series Brutal, blood-soaked, full of zombies ... it's ace FHM
About the Author
Interest Age: From 12
More books by Charlie Higson
Puffin Books an imprint of Penguin Books Ltd
20th September 2012
Writing reviews help the children with their literacy skills and we always read the books together which gives us good quality family time!Cat Bisland (on behalf of the Bi
We love Lovereading4kids because they put books in front of us we wouldn’t otherwise have read. They make us more adventurous readers!Emily Jacques
I have told all my friends, family & teachers to see for themselves just how great the site is. Without fail, they are hugely impressed.Alexander Boxall – age 11
It has introduced my children to books we hadn’t come across before. Real children’s reviews gives a great insight into what others think toLorraine Woods
It’s so easy to find the right book for your child. Such an easy-to-use, yet in-depth website. 100% reliable.Pippa, Jack, Liam & Matthew Wils
It’s a community united by a passion for books and promoting the best there is in children’s literature.Sam Bateman and family
I love finding new books to read. My mummy and me look at the new ones coming out. I have written reviews of some of them!Jessica Cobbin – age 7
It gives me a chance to read types of books that I would not normally try, and it motivates me to read every night to finish it!Alice Horncastle, age 14