Who Could That be at This Hour?
Written by Lemony Snicket
Illustrated by Seth
Part of the All the Wrong Questions Series
Lovereading4kids Price £7.19
£8.99 saving £1.80 (20%)
when in stock
As soon as this book is back in stock we will send you an email.Compare book price We'd love you to buy your books from Lovereading - especially if we helped you to choose them! But as our mantra is guidance, and that includes guidance on price, please do use our 'Compare Book Price' service to discover if the best value deal is from Lovereading or another specialist bookstore.
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
The Lovereading4Kids comment
Bestselling Lemony Snicket’s fast-talking writing is brilliantly on display in this wise cracking detective story which is full of references to the great detective writers of the past. Thirteen year Snicket is apprenticed to S. Theodora Markson, a second rate detective who is investigating a theft in small and unusual town of Stain’d-by-the-Sea. It doesn’t take Snicket long to start working for himself piecing together all the clues in a topsy-turvy world with a host of brilliantly ridiculous characters. November 2012 Book of the Month.
Kids love to read and so in addition to our Lovereading expert opinion some of our Lovereading4kids Reader Review Panel were also lucky enough to read and review the second title in the series, When Did You See Her Last? You can read their reviews below.
- Richie Upchurch, age 7 - 'This is a complicated mystery with lots of extra mysteries in it. It’s a really good book and I really want to read the next book to find out what happened to Ellington Feint’s missing father.' Read full review >
- Alice East, age 9 - 'I would like to read the rest of this series.' Read full review >
- Mia Thurston-Mathews, age 10 - 'It is about a young Lemony Snicket, an apprentice detective who likes his own ideas and doesn't take advice easily. It was a very humorous book and once I started I couldn't stop.' Read full review >
- Emily Golding, age 7 - 'FAB! Great story! I loved it. This book was a mystery that kept me guessing till the end.' Read full review >
- Tomasz Hawryszczuk, age 9 - 'A really wacky mystery novel which I would recommend to anyone over the age of nine, including adults (as I read it with my Mum). If you can imagine Dr Seuss books for older readers, this is it.' Read full review >
- Tom White, age 10 - 'When Did You See Her Last? is a good fun mystery book that has a few tricky words to read. Overall it is a great fun book.' Read full review >
- Eloise Mae Clarkson, age 12 - 'The characters were amazing; the personalities were great and they were all unique. The plot was brilliant and you couldn't guess the ending.' Read full review >
Win a SIGNED set of Treehouse books!
The Treehouse books are hugely popular and deservedly so. Created by Andy Griffiths and Terry Denton, the books are full of imagination and incredibly funny. It started with The 13-Storey Treehouse and now there are 6 in the series, including 78-Storey Treehouse published in January.
If you haven't read them yet try your luck in our prize giveaway! We are giving away FIVE sets of the first FOUR books in the series, all SIGNED!
To have a chance of winning one of these great prizes, click the button below. Please note that this draw is open only for UK residents and is free to enter, multiple entries from the same email address will only be counted once.
The draw closes on 2 March 2017. The winners will be notified by 16 March 2017.
Who Could That be at This Hour? by Lemony Snicket
In a fading town, far from anyone he knew or trusted, a young Lemony Snicket began his apprenticeship in an organization nobody knows about.
He started by asking questions that shouldn't have been on his mind. Now he has written an account that should not be published, in four volumes that shouldn't be read. This is the first volume.
About the Author
Interest Age: From 8
More books by Lemony Snicket
Author's Facebook Latest
Egmont Books Ltd an imprint of Egmont Childrens Books
23rd October 2012
I have told all my friends, family & teachers to see for themselves just how great the site is. Without fail, they are hugely impressed.Alexander Boxall – age 11
It is THE website to use for narrowing down your search for any book. Definitely knocks the socks off any other book review website.Nickey and Tomasz Hawryszczuk
I love Lovereading because I often never know what to read and this helps you find a good book. I have recommended this to many people.Shannon-Louise Masters – age 15
I think Lovereading4kids is an amazing company because of the friendly staff and the fabulous chance to read great books before publication.Adam Graham
I love lovereading4kids because I’ve read amazing books I would never have picked up, and its opened doors to new genre’s I now love.Harriet Cunningham
Lovereading4kids is great, we get books really early never late. We love to read and review, and think you would like it too. The excitementJasmine Harris-Hart, age 12
Love “Lovereading4kids” as my son gets to hear about & read new books before his mates which keeps him interested in reading=a very happy MumLiz Evans
LoveReading4Kids is a modern and creative way of emphasising the value and importance of books in this digital age #booksforlifeAmrit Bunet – Teen