Department 19: Battle Lines
Written by Will Hill
Part of the Department 19 Series
Lovereading4kids Price £10.39
£12.99 saving £2.60 (20%)
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
Selected by our Editorial Experts
April 2013 Book of the Month Book 3 from the talent behind the bestselling hardback YA debut of 2011. Dracula is on the verge of coming into his full power. Department 19 is on the back foot. Department 19 faces a new and potentially deadly threat, born out of one of the darkest moments of its own long and bloody history. Zero Hour is coming. And the Battle Lines have been drawn. Ladies and gentlemen: welcome to war. The stakes? Mankind's very survival... With terrific action and suspense and plenty of gore too this series is brilliant but not for the faint-hearted!
In addition to our Lovereading expert opinion some of our Reader Review Panel were also lucky enough to read and review the first in the Department 19 series.
- Safiyah Afghan - 'Full of thrills, danger, action and romance Department 19 is an exciting book that will hold most readers captivated.' Read full review >
- Claudia Woolgar - 'If you love adventure, gore, computer games, vampires, love and big guns, this is the book for you!' Read full review >
- Hollie Compton - 'A book that I didn't want to put down. I love the characters within the story and their relationships between each other.' Read full review >
- Emily Setchell, age 13 - 'I really enjoyed this book and am definitely going to read the rest of the books in the series!' Read full review >
- Jack Graham - 'This book is an excellent read. I would read the next books or any others by Will Hill and recommend this to anyone 11+ because it has so many good techniques and a great storyline.' Read full review >
- Emer O'Brien, age 13 - 'It is really, really gory, and readers who don't enjoy detailed descriptions of dismembered body parts shouldn't go within a hundred yards of this book.' Read full review >
- Carla McGuigan, age 13 - 'You’ve heard of the novels: Dracula and the novel: Frankenstein. Well in this novel both are brought to life, together.'
Read full review >
Department 19: Battle Lines by Will Hill
As the clock ticks remorselessly towards Zero Hour and the return of Dracula, the devastated remnants of Department 19 try to hold back the rising darkness. Jamie Carpenter is training new recruits, trying to prepare them for a fight that appears increasingly futile. Kate Randall is pouring her grief into trying to plug the Department's final leaks, as Matt Browning races against time to find a cure for vampirism. And on the other side of the world, Larissa Kinley has found a place she feels at home, yet where she makes a startling discovery. Uneasy truces are struck, new dangers emerge on all sides, and relationships are pushed to breaking point.
For more information on the series visit the website www.department19exists.com
PRAISE FOR THE DEPARTMENT 19 SERIES:
Bram Stoker can stop turning in his grave: his 21st-century legacy extends beyond Twilight. - The Telegraph
Injects some blood and thunder back into the vamp mythos...this is a lively set-up to what looks to be a fun and blood-soaked YA thrill ride - SFX Magazine
Hill hits the ground running in this explosive debut, an action thriller inspired by a genre classic... this is a non-stop thrill ride right up to the cliff-hanger ending. This cinematic adrenaline rush has the makings of a sure-fire hit. Publishers Weekly
About the Author
More books by Will Hill
HarperCollins Children's Books an imprint of HarperCollins Publishers
28th March 2013
I love Lovereading because I often never know what to read and this helps you find a good book. I have recommended this to many people.Shannon-Louise Masters – age 15
At @HHSHaringey we love @lovereading4kids because our pupils can practice reviewing & get free upcoming books before anyone else!Helen Swinyard – Heartlands High
I think Lovereading4kids is an amazing company because of the friendly staff and the fabulous chance to read great books before publication.Adam Graham
We love Lovereading4kids because they put books in front of us we wouldn’t otherwise have read. They make us more adventurous readers!Emily Jacques
It gives me a chance to read types of books that I would not normally try, and it motivates me to read every night to finish it!Alice Horncastle, age 14
It is fantastic, you get to read lots of books and you always find something new and amazing in them.Erica Motoc, age 7
Lovereading is just a convenient way to find new books and hear others opinions on them.Sarah Murray – age 15
Writing reviews help the children with their literacy skills and we always read the books together which gives us good quality family time!Cat Bisland (on behalf of the Bi