W.A.R.P.: The Reluctant Assassin
Written by Eoin Colfer
Part of the WARP Series
Lovereading4kids Price £10.39
£12.99 saving £2.60 (20%)
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
The Lovereading4Kids comment
April 2013 Book of the Month
Best-selling Eoin Colfer whose Artemis Fowl series gave the fairy world a brilliant makeover will enthral his readers with this action packed and gadget rich new series. Riley is a Victorian orphan, Chevie Sevano is the FBIs youngest agent. One lives in Victorian England, one in the twenty first century. How are both caught up in seeing off Albert Garrick, the terrifying assassin who will stop at nothing – even time travel – to kill Riley, is a lightning-fast adventure shot through with bravery, evil and some head spinning time travel.
A Piece of Passion from the Managing Director of Penguin Children’s, Francesca Dow “With its unlikely heroes and vividly-conjured Victorian London, W.A.R.P.: The Reluctant Assassin is a gripping, fast-paced and witty time travel adventure with a villain to die for. We are always hugely excited about a new story from Eoin, but this is possibly his most hotly-anticipated release yet – it’s Eoin Colfer at his best.”
Kids love to read and so in addition to our Lovereading expert opinion some of our Lovereading4kids Reader Review Panel were also lucky enough to read and review this title. You can read their full reviews by clicking here.
- Pearse Kelly age 12 - 'I love Eoin Colfer’s books and this is another great story, it is fast moving and exciting and I would recommend it to both boys and girls.'
- Sam Harper, age 9 - 'Their adventure is fast paced, action packed and unpredictable. It's an explosive journey through time which you'll love!
- Jamie, age 12 - 'A great novel filled to the brim with twists and turn which keep the storyline exciting to the very last page.'
- Emily age 12 - 'This is an amazing book. I loved it because the author Eoin Colfer incorporates different genres within one storyline.'
- Sean Prior age 12 - 'The idea of this Victorian boy travelling though time is mind blowing when I heard about this book I didn’t know what to expect but this book is a must read go and buy it NOW…'
- Lucy Minton, age 9 - 'It is a brilliant book and if you like Artemis Fowl you’ll love this book.'
- Alex Greatorex age 12 - 'W.A.R.P is the best book I have ever read it is full of adventure with one character trying to outwit another.'
- Freya Moore, age 10 - 'I thoroughly enjoyed it.'
- Chloe, age 11 - 'There is nothing in this book that I don’t like. I like EVERYTHING about it.'
- Aimee Sweet, age 11 - 'As I entered Eoin Colfer’s world of action and adventure once again in this amazing new book Warp I found myself gazing in wonder at the mysteries yet to solve in the plot of this fabulous story, so I suggest you enter the world of Warp yourself!. As well as writing reviews for Lovereading Aimee has her own book review website - The Sweet Review.
W.A.R.P.: The Reluctant Assassin by Eoin Colfer
The reluctant assassin is Riley, a Victorian boy who is suddenly plucked from his own time and whisked into the twenty-first century, accused of murder and on the run. Riley has been pulled into the FBI's covert W.A.R.P. operation (Witness Anonymous Relocation Program). He and young FBI Agent Chevie Savano are forced to flee terrifying assassin-for-hire Albert Garrick, who pursues Riley through time and will not stop until he has hunted him down. Barely staying one step ahead, Riley and Chevie must stay alive and stop Garrick returning to his own time with knowledge and power that could change the world forever.
Colfer has the ability to make you laugh twice over: first in sheer subversive joy at the inventiveness of the writing, and again at the energy of the humour - Sunday Times
About the Author
Interest Age: From 9
More books by Eoin Colfer
Author's Facebook Latest
Puffin Books an imprint of Penguin Books Ltd
11th April 2013
LoveReading4Kids is a modern and creative way of emphasising the value and importance of books in this digital age #booksforlifeAmrit Bunet – Teen
It’s so easy to find the right book for your child. Such an easy-to-use, yet in-depth website. 100% reliable.Pippa, Jack, Liam & Matthew Wils
At @HHSHaringey we love @lovereading4kids because our pupils can practice reviewing & get free upcoming books before anyone else!Helen Swinyard – Heartlands High
Writing reviews help the children with their literacy skills and we always read the books together which gives us good quality family time!Cat Bisland (on behalf of the Bi
I love lovereading4kids because I’ve read amazing books I would never have picked up, and its opened doors to new genre’s I now love.Harriet Cunningham
You give me age appropriate ideas of books I can read and buy for the children and find out what other children their age think of them too.Katie Lonsdale
Love “Lovereading4kids” as my son gets to hear about & read new books before his mates which keeps him interested in reading=a very happy MumLiz Evans
We love Lovereading4kids because they put books in front of us we wouldn’t otherwise have read. They make us more adventurous readers!Emily Jacques