Written by Sophie Mckenzie
Lovereading4kids Price £10.39
£12.99 saving £2.60 (20%)
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
The Lovereading4Kids comment
Best-selling Sophie McKenzie tells a corkscrew of an adventure which pulls no punches about the dangers of terrorism. Charlie’s mother is killed in a bomb blast in a crowded London market; Nat’s brother is in a coma in hospital – a victim of the same blast. Later, the two meet….Did Nat and his brother have something to do with the bomb? Charlie can only suspect until she and Nat find themselves in very real danger as rival organisations attempt draw them into their terrifying activities.
In addition to our Lovereading expert opinion some of our Teen Reader Review Panel were also lucky enough to read and review this title.
- Ella Grabsky, age 14 - 'is a fast-paced thriller novel with a dash of romance added for excitment...I thought this book was a great read.' Read full review >
- Lauren Coffman, age 14 - 'It was a funny, thrilling & sad read, & I couldn't put it down. I would highly recommend it.' Read full review >
- Imogen Breaks, age 11 - 'My favourite part was all of it! It had so much suspense and kept you hanging after every single chapter.' Read full review >
- Natalie Hunter, age 12 - 'It is very thrilling with many exciting plot twists.' Read full review >
- Kulsuma Begum - 'a gripping read. I couldn't wait to read the second book, Every Second Counts.' Read full review >
- Lorraine Baker - 'A fast paced book that keeps you interested right to the end but what is more frightening is that this sort of thing could happen - a very realistic book aimed at young adults but is easily read by older adults.' Read full review >
- Charlotte Connolly - 'A faced paced thriller set in dystopian Britan with two very believable teenage protagonists!' Read full review >
- Janet Gilliard - 'This and Every second Counts are a highly recommended pair of books for young adults although anyone would enjoy reading them.' Read full review >
Split Second by Sophie Mckenzie
Bound together by the devastating consequences of a terrorist attack on a London market, teenagers Charlotte (Charlie) and Nat appear at first to have much in common. But, as Charlie gets closer to Nat and his family, she begins to wonder if perhaps he knows more about the attack than he has let on. Split Second is an action-packed thriller that shifts between the perspectives of its two main characters as their courage and their loyalties are tested to the limit.
About the Author
Interest Age: From 12
More books by Sophie Mckenzie
Author's Facebook Latest
Simon & Schuster Childrens Books an imprint of Simon & Schuster Ltd
12th September 2013
I think Lovereading4kids is an amazing company because of the friendly staff and the fabulous chance to read great books before publication.Adam Graham
It has introduced my children to books we hadn’t come across before. Real children’s reviews gives a great insight into what others think toLorraine Woods
I have told all my friends, family & teachers to see for themselves just how great the site is. Without fail, they are hugely impressed.Alexander Boxall – age 11
I love finding new books to read. My mummy and me look at the new ones coming out. I have written reviews of some of them!Jessica Cobbin – age 7
A great way to introduce kids to great books, authors & genres. Parents can find age-appropriate books to share with their children.Judi Davies – Aberdare Girls Sch
We love Lovereading4kids because they put books in front of us we wouldn’t otherwise have read. They make us more adventurous readers!Emily Jacques
You give me age appropriate ideas of books I can read and buy for the children and find out what other children their age think of them too.Katie Lonsdale
Writing reviews help the children with their literacy skills and we always read the books together which gives us good quality family time!Cat Bisland (on behalf of the Bi