The Mark of Athena
Written by Rick Riordan
Part of the Heroes of Olympus Series
Lovereading4kids Price £6.39
£7.99 saving £1.60 (20%)
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
Selected by our Editorial Experts
The Mark of Athena is the explosive third part in Rick Riordan's number one series - Heroes of Olympus. Can Percy Jackson and the Half-blood Heroes succeed on their quest to find The Doors of Death or will the Greek Gods of chaos win their battle to stop them? Percy and his fellow demi-gods face the most important quest of all - the Prophecy of Seven.
The Mark of Athena is the third book in the bestselling Heroes of Olympus series, set in the action-packed world of Percy Jackson.
The Heroes of Olympus -
In addition to our Lovereading expert opinion some readers from our adult and teen reader review panels were also lucky enough to read and review the first title in this exciting series, The Lost Hero. You can read their reviews below.
- Edel Waugh -'This is the beginning of an adrenaline packed adventure combining modern day heros with Greek mythology , monsters and demigods...!!!!!!!! I can't wait to find out what happens next!' Read full review >
- Stacie Ball - 'Packed full of adventure, friendship and mixture of Roman and Greek mythology, this story will leave you hungry for more and entertained for hours.' Read full review >
- Celeste Phelan, age 13 - 'A Thrilling mythical adventure. Which keeps you hooked throughout and on the edge of your seat. The story is about bravery and trusting your friends.' Read full review >
- Poppy, age 15 - 'I really enjoyed Heroes Of Olympus: The Lost Hero It was very gripping and I found it vey hard to put it down, it had a great storyline and characters.' Read full review >
- Ines Davies, age 13 - 'I was drawn in from the very first page, from there it just got better and better!' Read full review >
Win a copy of The Bolds!
We are giving away 5 copies of The Bolds, the first in Julian Clary's hilarious series about a family of hyenas living in disguise. To have a chance of winning one of these great prizes, click the button below. Please note that this draw is open only for UK residents and is free to enter, multiple entries from the same email address will only be counted once.
The draw closes on 2 March 2017. The winners will be notified by 16 March 2017.
The Mark of Athena by Rick Riordan
Annabeth felt as if someone had draped a cold washcloth across her neck. She heard that whispering laughter again, as if the presence had followed her from the ship. She looked up at the Argo II. Its massive bronze hull glittered in the sunlight. Part of her wanted to kidnap Percy right now, get on board and get out of here while they still could. She couldn't shake the feeling that something was about to go terribly wrong. She couldn't risk losing Percy again.
Visit the www.percyjackson.co.uk to find out more about this epic series.
A cracking read Sunday Express
Explosive Big Issue
About the Author
Interest Age: From 9
More books by Rick Riordan
Author's Facebook Latest
Puffin Books an imprint of Penguin Books Ltd
3rd October 2013
Writing reviews help the children with their literacy skills and we always read the books together which gives us good quality family time!Cat Bisland (on behalf of the Bi
It is THE website to use for narrowing down your search for any book. Definitely knocks the socks off any other book review website.Nickey and Tomasz Hawryszczuk
I have told all my friends, family & teachers to see for themselves just how great the site is. Without fail, they are hugely impressed.Alexander Boxall – age 11
Lovereading4kids is great, we get books really early never late. We love to read and review, and think you would like it too. The excitementJasmine Harris-Hart, age 12
I love finding new books to read. My mummy and me look at the new ones coming out. I have written reviews of some of them!Jessica Cobbin – age 7
It is fantastic, you get to read lots of books and you always find something new and amazing in them.Erica Motoc, age 7
I love lovereading4kids because I’ve read amazing books I would never have picked up, and its opened doors to new genre’s I now love.Harriet Cunningham
Love “Lovereading4kids” as my son gets to hear about & read new books before his mates which keeps him interested in reading=a very happy MumLiz Evans