Written by Hilton Pashley
Lovereading4kids Price £10.39
£12.99 saving £2.60 (20%)
when in stock
As soon as this book is back in stock we will send you an email.Compare book price We'd love you to buy your books from Lovereading - especially if we helped you to choose them! But as our mantra is guidance, and that includes guidance on price, please do use our 'Compare Book Price' service to discover if the best value deal is from Lovereading or another specialist bookstore.
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
The Lovereading4Kids comment
One of our Books of the Year 2013 & October 2013 Debut of the Month This fast-paced debut novel tells how Jonathan, the only half-angel, half- demon in the universe, sets out to find the mysterious Gabriel’s clock which has gone missing. Protected by his parent’s, Jonathan has been brought up to think that he is normal but that is far from the truth! Failure in his quest will mean his family will die; success may bring on a war between Heaven and Hell which could destroy everyone. With the clock already ticking Jonathan must risk all and get on with the job in hand!
Kids love to read and so in addition to our Lovereading expert opinion some of our Lovereading4kids Reader Review Panel were also lucky enough to read and review this title.
- Felicity Wilcox, age 10 - 'Very good book, not for the faint hearted! But a lot of my family like it.' Read full review >
- Ewan Young, age 10 - 'Lots of action and demons, I couldn't put this book down!' Read full review >
- Calum Stillie, age 11 - 'This book is a meatier and cooler version of Beast Quest fans or a light read for fans of Harry Potter. I look forward to the next installment.' Read full review >
- Lewis Duckworth, age 12 - 'a fantastic and sometimes funny novel. If you like fantasy and action books this is one for you.' Read full review >
- Emily Passmore, age 12 - 'After I got into it, I loved this book and thought it was really, really good!!' Read full review >
- Robert White, age 10 - 'This book is hilarious and action packed! Expect to see mind-blowing devils in bowler hats, talking cats, living gargoyles and a half-demon, half-angel hero.' Read full review >
- Jemima, age 9 - 'There's a talking cat, friendly gargoyles, demons, were wolves, a dragon, a vicar with a pistol and a rapier, and as the cat would say... What’s not to like?' Read full review >
- Benjy Randall, age 9 - 'A thrilling adventure story from start to finish.' Read full review >
- Traviss Chaytors, age 10 - 'This book has it all; a talking cat, a half-angel half-demon and a werewolf. A perfect fantasy and magical world in a perfect story.' Read full review >
- Sam Harper, age 9 - 'Gabriel's Clock captivated me from the very first page. I stormed through it and couldn't wait to find out what would happen next. This is a truly amazing story and I absolutely loved it.' Read full review >
- Lucy Minton, age 10 - 'A fantastic piece of writing which had me gripped...I was on the edge of my seat.' Read full review >
- Evie Scott-Sentance, age 10 - 'I thoroughly enjoyed this story – it was exciting and dramatic. Once I’d started it, I couldn’t stop! I recommend Gabriel’s Clock to everyone – it’s a great book.' Read full review >
- Emma Stephenson, age 10 - 'Gabriel's Clock is a magical book that I found gripping from the first chapter...I did not think it would be as good as Harry Potter but it is.' Read full review >
- Mukunth Kowsik, age 11 - 'I think that Gabriel's Clock was a stunning read; a compulsive page turner that I finished in just two days. Sometimes I was laughing and sometimes I had my heart rapidly beating.' Read full review >
Gabriel's Clock by Hilton Pashley
Jonathan is in terrible danger. After his home is attacked by faceless monsters in bowler hats, he wakes up in the strange village of Hobbes End. Built by a fallen angel and hidden deep within a forest, Hobbes End protects those who need to be safe - and nobody is more in need of protection than Jonathan. Jonathan is the only half-angel, half-demon in the universe, and now the forces of Hell want him for their own purpose. Aided by a vicar with a broken heart, a big man with a cricket bat and a very rude cat, Jonathan races to find the mysterious Gabriel's Clock. If he doesn't find it then his family and friends will die, but, if he does, then he risks starting a war between Heaven and Hell that could engulf them all. Gabriel's clock is ticking ...and time is running out.
An exciting new fantasy voice - perfect for fans of Jonathan Stroud. Bartimaeus meets Harry Potter.
Browse inside this book
‘Harry Potter meets The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe meets The Hobbit’ - Houghton Mifflin Books for Children
About the Author
Interest Age: From 9
More books by Hilton Pashley
Author's Facebook Latest
Andersen Press Ltd
3rd October 2013
Andersen Press Ltd is an imprint of Andersen Press
Andersen Press is one of the leading independent children’s publishers, publishing some of the biggest names in the world of children's books including the much-loved picture book characters the Little Princess and Elmer the patchwork elephant. Andersen Press is the home of many award-winning authors and illustrators including Melvin Burgess, Rebecca Stead, Satoshi Kitamura, Tony Ross, David McKee, Chris Judge and Jeanne Willis. Founded in 1976 by Klaus Flugge it won the Bologna Best Children’s Publisher prize in the European Category in 2016, the company’s 40th anniversary year.
LoveReading4Kids is a modern and creative way of emphasising the value and importance of books in this digital age #booksforlifeAmrit Bunet – Teen
I love Lovereading as it provides an honest opinion and showcases a range of fiction. Suited to both parents & kids alike, it’s a must-use.Georgie Rowe – age 16
You give me age appropriate ideas of books I can read and buy for the children and find out what other children their age think of them too.Katie Lonsdale
We love Lovereading4kids because they put books in front of us we wouldn’t otherwise have read. They make us more adventurous readers!Emily Jacques
It is fantastic, you get to read lots of books and you always find something new and amazing in them.Erica Motoc, age 7
It’s so easy to find the right book for your child. Such an easy-to-use, yet in-depth website. 100% reliable.Pippa, Jack, Liam & Matthew Wils
I think Lovereading4kids is an amazing company because of the friendly staff and the fabulous chance to read great books before publication.Adam Graham
I love finding new books to read. My mummy and me look at the new ones coming out. I have written reviews of some of them!Jessica Cobbin – age 7