The Odd Squad Bully Bait
Written by Michael Fry
Lovereading4kids Price £5.59
£6.99 saving £1.40 (20%)
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
The Lovereading4Kids comment
January 2014 Debut of the Month Nick knows all about being the butt of the school bullies. Being so short makes him a natural target – he’s so small that he can be squashed into a locker! But Nick doesn’t take being bullied without a fight. With his friends Molly and Karl, Nick takes on Roy, the lead bully, and is determined to win! Nick tells his story capturing the humorous side of it but without trivialising the effect of being bullied.
Kids love to read and so in addition to our Lovereading expert review, some of our Lovereading4kids Reader Review Panel were also lucky enough to read and review this title.
- Rory Faulkner, age 9 - 'I found the book a very easy read as it was so funny, I can't wait to read more by Michael Fry!' Read full review >
- Blake Bussey age 9 - St Paul's CE Primary School - 'I liked the idea of Zombie Butt and Log Legs and I liked Memaw because she wasn't a typical grandma. My grandma doesn't go around hypnotising dogs to get them to stop farting!' Read full review >
- Alice East, age 9 - 'If you like Tom Gates and ‘Diary of a Wimpy Kid’ style books you will love this book. It's a hilarious book about a small boy who gets stuffed into a locker and his two funny friends!' Read full review >
- Chloe Pickering, age 10 - 'I found this book hilariously funny as it conjured up the story in my mind.' Read full review >
- Katie Johnson, age 10 - 'I would highly recommend this book for Diary of a Wimpy Kid lovers. 10/10!' Read full review >
- Sam Harper, age 10 - 'This is a fantastically funny book which made me laugh out loud. I loved the comic-strip illustrations, especially the flow chart of lies, and I really can't wait for the next in the series.' Read full review >
- Traviss Chaytors, age 10 - 'Brilliant, brilliant, brilliant... you will want to read more!' Read full review >
The Odd Squad Bully Bait by Michael Fry
Nick is stuffed in his locker. Again. It's not so bad. Lockers are roomier than you'd think. Especially when you're the shortest kid on the planet, which is exactly why Bully-Boy Roy stuffed him in there in the first place: he fits. The school counselor says Roy has issues. The only issue Nick can see is that Roy is a mutant troll. Nick's friends Molly and Karl think the troll needs to be defeated. Together, they are The Odd Squad.
If you want to laugh out loud, watch them beat the bullies and see some cool pictures, Read this book!
‘Funny and sweet with a steely centre’ Neil Gaiman
‘An important message, humorously delivered, that will appeal to Diary of a Wimpy
Kid fans.’ Kirkus Reviews
‘Deals sensitively and humorously with the complex problem of bullying. Like Roald
Dahl, Micheal Fry has written beautifully about the lovable oddball who is able to
rise above a dastardly situation.’ Goodreads.com
‘This book is tops! I give the rating 5 stars I mean like just wow.’ 9 year-old-reader,
About the Author
Interest Age: from 9 to 11
More books by Michael Fry
Faber Children's Books an imprint of Faber & Faber
16th January 2014
I love Lovereading as it provides an honest opinion and showcases a range of fiction. Suited to both parents & kids alike, it’s a must-use.Georgie Rowe – age 16
I love ‘LoveReading 4 kids’ because they let you read and learn things you’d never dreamed of learning before.Emily Horncastle – age 11
LoveReading4Kids is a modern and creative way of emphasising the value and importance of books in this digital age #booksforlifeAmrit Bunet – Teen
I love finding new books to read. My mummy and me look at the new ones coming out. I have written reviews of some of them!Jessica Cobbin – age 7
It’s really exciting to read and review new books, thrilling to see my reviews online and I love finding the final published copies on sale.Sam Harper – age 10
I am so pleased to have signed my kids up as they are reading a much wider range of books and even choosing books out of their comfort zone.Angela East
It gives me a chance to read types of books that I would not normally try, and it motivates me to read every night to finish it!Alice Horncastle, age 14
I love Lovereading4kids because I get an opportunity to put my opinion forward and to try new booksElosie Clarkson – age 11