Supercat vs the Chip Thief
Written by Jeanne Willis
Part of the Supercat Series
Lovereading4kids Price £4.79
£5.99 saving £1.20 (20%)
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
The Lovereading4Kids comment
February 2014 Book of the Month Does your child want to be a super hero, does he or she crave excitement and laugh-out-loud an awful lot? if so, Supercat vs the Chip Thief is the first book in a super new series by bestselling author and queen of comedy, Jeanne Willis that will provide just that. Packed with action, adventure and a crime-fighting cat, this series is purr-fectly pitched for 6+ year olds to devour in a sitting.
Why not tweet a superhero catchphrase using #supercat @Harpercollinsch.
Kids love reading and in addition to our expert opinion a small number of our Lovereading4kids reader review panel members were lucky enough to read and review this title.
- Nicole McGovern, age 8 - 'Will the day end cat-tasticly well or in a math’s muddle as SuperCat battles it out to be the best? I enjoyed it so much I can't wait to read more of her fantastic books.' Read full review >
- Emma Moroney, age 7 - 'I loved this book from start to finish. It was very funny, lots of jokes, strange and weird things happening along the way. I have recommended this to all my friends. Excellent Book!' Read full review >
- Rebekah Choi, age 11 - 'I loved this book because it was funny and the characters were really inventive.' Read full review >
- Rohan Delamere, age 8 - 'Meet SuperCat and his sidekick James as they fight the evil Count Backwards in this crazy comedy adventure!' Read full review >
- Ophelia Robinson-Beesley, age 7 - 'It is an amazing story with lots of credit and all sorts of funny jokes. With imaginative things like fake smells, baddies, cats and even toxic socks, what more could you want to smell?' Read full review >
- Daniel Bisland, age 6 - 'The book is about a roly-poly cat who is lazy!...His life changes when he finds his favourite food on James’s smelly sock! Tiger licked it then he turned into SUPERCAT!!!!' Read full review >
- Milind Kowsik - 'SuperCat is a very funny cat who was initially a very ordinary cat. But then he licked a greasy chip sock under James' bed and became SuperCat!' Read full review >
- Elspeth Paterson, age 9 - 'I really loved Supercat vs the Chip Thief, and give it 5 out of 5. It is a funny book, quick to read and enjoy.' Read full review >
- Mustafa Samadi, age 10 - 'James has a cat called Tiger, who is lazy, until one day when he accidentally licks one of James's old socks and turns into Supercat.' Read full review >
- Isaac East, age 7 - 'I thought that this was a really, really exciting and funny book. Supercat is a very funny cat and is always on the ball thinking!' Read full review >
- Faye Dawson, age 8 - 'I think if only I can get my Dad to read this book I might be able to persuade him to get me another cat!' Read full review >
- Tristan Pender, age 6 - 'IT’S BRILLIANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was one of the best books I have read.' Read full review >
- Matilda Greenacre, age 7 - 'This is a funny book about a cat that starts off being really lazy, but with one lick of a toxic sock he turns into "SuperCat".' Read full review >
- Luke Overett Somnier, age 7 - 'I like the part in the book where it says: ‘Magnifico! I look the cat's whiskers in this' said SuperCat, strutting about like a treacle pudding in tights’.' Read full review >
- George Johnson, age 7 - 'After I had read the first chapter, I couldn't wait to finish the book! It was full of action and really very funny.' Read full review >
- Emily Steele, age 10 - 'a comedic and entertaining book which is about a lazy, sleepy cat who doesn't care about the world until he got the shock of his life...I will definitely recommend this book to all my friends.' Read full review >
- Toby Pickering, age 7 - 'I really enjoyed reading this book. It was good how the author told us more about Supercat and his friends as the story went on.' Read full review >
- Shauna Cullinan, age 12 - 'The book is about Tiger – an ordinary fat cat. But Tiger has a secret! Just one lick of a sock that was under his owner, Jame’s bed, and he transforms into…..SUPERCAT!' Read full review >
- Mary Murphy, St. Colm's High School - 'This is an amazing read for children of all ages and is very entertaining too.' Read full review >
Win a Beast Quest Goodie Bag!
To mark the 10th Birthday of The Beast Quest series we are giving away THREE goodie bags filled with Beast Quest treats including temporary tattoos, pens, a printed bag and books from the series!
To have a chance of winning one of these super prizes, click the button below. Please note that this draw is open only for UK residents and is free to enter, multiple entries from the same email address will only be counted once.
The draw closes on 29 May 2017. The winners will be notified by 5 June 2017.
Supercat vs the Chip Thief by Jeanne Willis
Meet Tiger - an ordinary, tubby tabby cat. But Tiger has a secret! Just one lick of a toxic sock and he transforms into...SUPERCAT! Now, with his astonishing powers and his best friend James, can Supercat save the world, and all the chips, from the dastardly Count Backwards...? When the chips are down, there's only one cat to call!
About the Author
Interest Age: From 7
More books by Jeanne Willis
HarperCollins Children's Books an imprint of HarperCollins Publishers
30th January 2014
It’s so easy to find the right book for your child. Such an easy-to-use, yet in-depth website. 100% reliable.Pippa, Jack, Liam & Matthew Wils
I love Lovereading because I often never know what to read and this helps you find a good book. I have recommended this to many people.Shannon-Louise Masters – age 15
We love Lovereading4kids because they put books in front of us we wouldn’t otherwise have read. They make us more adventurous readers!Emily Jacques
At @HHSHaringey we love @lovereading4kids because our pupils can practice reviewing & get free upcoming books before anyone else!Helen Swinyard – Heartlands High
It is fantastic, you get to read lots of books and you always find something new and amazing in them.Erica Motoc, age 7
Lovereading4kids is great, we get books really early never late. We love to read and review, and think you would like it too. The excitementJasmine Harris-Hart, age 12
Love “Lovereading4kids” as my son gets to hear about & read new books before his mates which keeps him interested in reading=a very happy MumLiz Evans
It gives me a chance to read types of books that I would not normally try, and it motivates me to read every night to finish it!Alice Horncastle, age 14