Big Rock and the Masked Avenger Wrestling Trolls: Match One
Written by Jim Eldridge
Part of the Wrestling Trolls Series
Lovereading4kids Price £4.79
£5.99 saving £1.20 (20%)
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
The Lovereading4Kids comment
February 2014 Book of the Month A comic new series from this award winning writer and illustrator - with lively, fun storylines and vibrant drawings. Each book contains two stories as well as lots of troll based activity pages in full colour to get stuck into with friends and family.
Kids love to read and a small number of our Lovereading4kids reader review panel were lucky enough to be invited to review this title.
- Alexander Bisland, age 8 - 'I liked the book but the puzzles made it more superb! I give it 10/10 even though I don’t like wrestling because I liked the story!' Read full review >
- Jacob, age 9 - 'Wrestling Trolls is an action packed book with awesome wrestling moves. The characters are clever and funny. I loved the story and can't wait to read the next instalment.' Read full review >
- George Johnson, age 7 - 'It was brilliant! I liked how Jack changed into Thud - I won't tell you what Thud is so I don't give away the story....I really the song and keep singing it.' Read full review >
- Richie Upchurch, age 7 - 'I really like wrestling trolls. I really like Robin the horse because he talks, Big Rock because he’s nice, Jack because he saves Princess Ava, and Princess Ava because she wrestles!' Read full review >
- Jack Galloway, age 8 - 'The story had funny parts, action and good characters. Some of my favourite parts were Jack turning into a wrestling troll and I liked Robin the horse because he was grumpy and helpful.' Read full review >
- Thomas Davies, age 7 - 'Wrestling Trolls is exciting because it is full of action. This book is fantastic if you like lots of wrestling and people being rescued from bad guys.' Read full review >
Big Rock and the Masked Avenger Wrestling Trolls: Match One by Jim Eldridge
Jack knows every wrestling move there is to know, and his dreams come true when he's recruited as a training assistant to Waldo's Wrestling Trolls. Little does Jack know that he's actually part troll, and that when his new family is in trouble he morphs into the terrifying Thud! He'll have to rescue princesses that don't need rescuing,avoid ambushes by goblins and most of all build a team of wrestling trolls to take on Lord Veto's evil orcs and the tournament of tournaments.
There's a great website to accompany the new Wrestling Trolls series - visit www.wrestlingtrolls.com for lots more information about the characters and for fun games and activities too.
About the Author
Interest Age: From 5
More books by Jim Eldridge
Hot Key Books
6th February 2014
Hot Key Books is an imprint of Hot Key
Hot Key Books, a division of Bonnier Publishing, publish stand out, quality fiction, for 9 – 19 year olds, print and digital that people like to talk about. If you are looking for something a little bit different from your books, something a little bit special then Hot Key Books may well have just what you want.
LoveReading4Kids is a modern and creative way of emphasising the value and importance of books in this digital age #booksforlifeAmrit Bunet – Teen
I love Lovereading4kids because I get an opportunity to put my opinion forward and to try new booksElosie Clarkson – age 11
Lovereading is just a convenient way to find new books and hear others opinions on them.Sarah Murray – age 15
We love Lovereading as my 5 year old loves to read new books before anyone else has a chance, she says it makes reading exciting!Tracey Chorley
It is fantastic, you get to read lots of books and you always find something new and amazing in them.Erica Motoc, age 7
I love all the books they recommend & put up for me to review. I also love the fact that they give new authors the chance to share their booDaisy Pennock – age 15
Love “Lovereading4kids” as my son gets to hear about & read new books before his mates which keeps him interested in reading=a very happy MumLiz Evans
It gives me a chance to read types of books that I would not normally try, and it motivates me to read every night to finish it!Alice Horncastle, age 14