Infinity Drake: the Sons of Scarlatti
Written by John McNally
Part of the Infinity Drake Series
Lovereading4kids Price £10.39
£12.99 saving £2.60 (20%)
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
The Lovereading4Kids comment
One of our Books of the Year 2014 - March 2014 MEGA Debut of the Month Meet Finn, shrunk to 9mm tall by his uncle in order to save mankind by stopping a killing machine from wreaking havoc. Full of humour and high action adventure even if its characters are very small.
Kids love to read and a small number of children were lucky enough to be invited to review this title. You can read their full reviews by clicking here.
- Jodi Coffman, age 12 - 'An exciting, different and page-turning story. If you like adventures with a difference you will absolutely love this!'
- Tilly Dickinson, age 9 - 'Finn accidentally gets caught up in a mission to track down the Scarletti, a wasp which is also a bio weapon. Four people, 9mm tall and only four days to save mankind.'
- Dylan Sweet, age 10 - 'This brilliant book is an amazing story about a boy named Finn and his awesome adventure...start reading this fantastic book and I’ll promise you’ll enjoy it.'
- Alice East, age 9 - 'This was a fantastic book because it was jam packed with lots of action and adventure. As well as being an exciting read it also made me laugh out loud.'
- Rohan Delamere, age 8 - 'A giant uber-wasp gets attacked by a military team and Finn aged 12 is caught up in the cross-fire!'
- Sam Harper, age 10 - 'Infinity Drake is an ordinary boy who has an extraordinary adventure. There are mutant, flesh eating wasps, villains and lots of weapons which is a lot to face when you're only 9mm tall.'
- Katie Johnson, age 10 - 'Definitely a book for boys! Full of action and military detail.'
- Alex Faulkner, age 9 - 'A confusing book that was hard to understand what was happening.'
- Robert White, age 10 - 'This book is full of action and whacky science fiction style ideas. However, I found the story really difficult to follow and didn’t really enjoy reading it.'
Infinity Drake: the Sons of Scarlatti by John McNally
Infinity Drake - aka Finn - is off on holiday with his mad scientist uncle when they are summoned to a crisis meeting. Scarlatti, a lethal bio-weapon - an uber-wasp killing machine - has been released by a pitiless villain, with incalculable consequences for mankind. UNLESS Uncle Al can shrink a military team to track down and kill the beast. But then disaster strikes - sabotage! Finn gets shrunk to 9mm and has to jump in a tiny Apache helicopter with three soldiers in a desperate race to destroy the beast that's out there, very angry and many times their size...
Funny, thrilling, brain-punchingly good. DEREK LANDY
About the Author
Interest Age: From 9
More books by John McNally
HarperCollins Children's Books an imprint of HarperCollins Publishers
27th February 2014
Lovereading is just a convenient way to find new books and hear others opinions on them.Sarah Murray – age 15
It is fantastic, you get to read lots of books and you always find something new and amazing in them.Erica Motoc, age 7
LoveReading4Kids is a modern and creative way of emphasising the value and importance of books in this digital age #booksforlifeAmrit Bunet – Teen
I love lovereading4kids because I’ve read amazing books I would never have picked up, and its opened doors to new genre’s I now love.Harriet Cunningham
I have told all my friends, family & teachers to see for themselves just how great the site is. Without fail, they are hugely impressed.Alexander Boxall – age 11
We love Lovereading4kids because it promotes reading choices, new authors and a sense of community for children of all ages!Rachel Bridgeman
A great way to introduce kids to great books, authors & genres. Parents can find age-appropriate books to share with their children.Judi Davies – Aberdare Girls Sch
It’s really exciting to read and review new books, thrilling to see my reviews online and I love finding the final published copies on sale.Sam Harper – age 10