Infinity Drake: the Sons of Scarlatti
Written by John McNally
Part of the Infinity Drake Series
Lovereading4kids Price £10.39
£12.99 saving £2.60 (20%)
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
The Lovereading4Kids comment
One of our Books of the Year 2014 - March 2014 MEGA Debut of the Month Meet Finn, shrunk to 9mm tall by his uncle in order to save mankind by stopping a killing machine from wreaking havoc. Full of humour and high action adventure even if its characters are very small.
Kids love to read and a small number of children were lucky enough to be invited to review this title. You can read their full reviews by clicking here.
- Jodi Coffman, age 12 - 'An exciting, different and page-turning story. If you like adventures with a difference you will absolutely love this!'
- Tilly Dickinson, age 9 - 'Finn accidentally gets caught up in a mission to track down the Scarletti, a wasp which is also a bio weapon. Four people, 9mm tall and only four days to save mankind.'
- Dylan Sweet, age 10 - 'This brilliant book is an amazing story about a boy named Finn and his awesome adventure...start reading this fantastic book and I’ll promise you’ll enjoy it.'
- Alice East, age 9 - 'This was a fantastic book because it was jam packed with lots of action and adventure. As well as being an exciting read it also made me laugh out loud.'
- Rohan Delamere, age 8 - 'A giant uber-wasp gets attacked by a military team and Finn aged 12 is caught up in the cross-fire!'
- Sam Harper, age 10 - 'Infinity Drake is an ordinary boy who has an extraordinary adventure. There are mutant, flesh eating wasps, villains and lots of weapons which is a lot to face when you're only 9mm tall.'
- Katie Johnson, age 10 - 'Definitely a book for boys! Full of action and military detail.'
- Alex Faulkner, age 9 - 'A confusing book that was hard to understand what was happening.'
- Robert White, age 10 - 'This book is full of action and whacky science fiction style ideas. However, I found the story really difficult to follow and didn’t really enjoy reading it.'
Infinity Drake: the Sons of Scarlatti by John McNally
Infinity Drake - aka Finn - is off on holiday with his mad scientist uncle when they are summoned to a crisis meeting. Scarlatti, a lethal bio-weapon - an uber-wasp killing machine - has been released by a pitiless villain, with incalculable consequences for mankind. UNLESS Uncle Al can shrink a military team to track down and kill the beast. But then disaster strikes - sabotage! Finn gets shrunk to 9mm and has to jump in a tiny Apache helicopter with three soldiers in a desperate race to destroy the beast that's out there, very angry and many times their size...
Funny, thrilling, brain-punchingly good. DEREK LANDY
About the Author
Interest Age: From 9
More books by John McNally
HarperCollins Children's Books an imprint of HarperCollins Publishers
27th February 2014
It has introduced my children to books we hadn’t come across before. Real children’s reviews gives a great insight into what others think toLorraine Woods
Lovereading4kids is great, we get books really early never late. We love to read and review, and think you would like it too. The excitementJasmine Harris-Hart, age 12
It’s a community united by a passion for books and promoting the best there is in children’s literature.Sam Bateman and family
I am so pleased to have signed my kids up as they are reading a much wider range of books and even choosing books out of their comfort zone.Angela East
It is fantastic, you get to read lots of books and you always find something new and amazing in them.Erica Motoc, age 7
We love Lovereading4kids because it promotes reading choices, new authors and a sense of community for children of all ages!Rachel Bridgeman
LoveReading4Kids is a modern and creative way of emphasising the value and importance of books in this digital age #booksforlifeAmrit Bunet – Teen
Lovereading is just a convenient way to find new books and hear others opinions on them.Sarah Murray – age 15