Infinity Drake: the Sons of Scarlatti
Written by John McNally
Part of the Infinity Drake Series
Lovereading4kids Price £10.39
£12.99 saving £2.60 (20%)
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
The Lovereading4Kids comment
One of our Books of the Year 2014 - March 2014 MEGA Debut of the Month Meet Finn, shrunk to 9mm tall by his uncle in order to save mankind by stopping a killing machine from wreaking havoc. Full of humour and high action adventure even if its characters are very small.
Kids love to read and a small number of children were lucky enough to be invited to review this title. You can read their full reviews by clicking here.
- Jodi Coffman, age 12 - 'An exciting, different and page-turning story. If you like adventures with a difference you will absolutely love this!'
- Tilly Dickinson, age 9 - 'Finn accidentally gets caught up in a mission to track down the Scarletti, a wasp which is also a bio weapon. Four people, 9mm tall and only four days to save mankind.'
- Dylan Sweet, age 10 - 'This brilliant book is an amazing story about a boy named Finn and his awesome adventure...start reading this fantastic book and I’ll promise you’ll enjoy it.'
- Alice East, age 9 - 'This was a fantastic book because it was jam packed with lots of action and adventure. As well as being an exciting read it also made me laugh out loud.'
- Rohan Delamere, age 8 - 'A giant uber-wasp gets attacked by a military team and Finn aged 12 is caught up in the cross-fire!'
- Sam Harper, age 10 - 'Infinity Drake is an ordinary boy who has an extraordinary adventure. There are mutant, flesh eating wasps, villains and lots of weapons which is a lot to face when you're only 9mm tall.'
- Katie Johnson, age 10 - 'Definitely a book for boys! Full of action and military detail.'
- Alex Faulkner, age 9 - 'A confusing book that was hard to understand what was happening.'
- Robert White, age 10 - 'This book is full of action and whacky science fiction style ideas. However, I found the story really difficult to follow and didn’t really enjoy reading it.'
Infinity Drake: the Sons of Scarlatti by John McNally
Infinity Drake - aka Finn - is off on holiday with his mad scientist uncle when they are summoned to a crisis meeting. Scarlatti, a lethal bio-weapon - an uber-wasp killing machine - has been released by a pitiless villain, with incalculable consequences for mankind. UNLESS Uncle Al can shrink a military team to track down and kill the beast. But then disaster strikes - sabotage! Finn gets shrunk to 9mm and has to jump in a tiny Apache helicopter with three soldiers in a desperate race to destroy the beast that's out there, very angry and many times their size...
Funny, thrilling, brain-punchingly good. DEREK LANDY
About the Author
Interest Age: From 9
More books by John McNally
HarperCollins Children's Books an imprint of HarperCollins Publishers
27th February 2014
This company is amazing; not only is it is a great opportunity to get books and review them but everyone is so friendly and supportive!Jemma Rubens, age 10
Writing reviews help the children with their literacy skills and we always read the books together which gives us good quality family time!Cat Bisland (on behalf of the Bi
I love all the books they recommend & put up for me to review. I also love the fact that they give new authors the chance to share their booDaisy Pennock – age 15
We love Lovereading as my 5 year old loves to read new books before anyone else has a chance, she says it makes reading exciting!Tracey Chorley
I love ‘LoveReading 4 kids’ because they let you read and learn things you’d never dreamed of learning before.Emily Horncastle – age 11
You give me age appropriate ideas of books I can read and buy for the children and find out what other children their age think of them too.Katie Lonsdale
It is fantastic, you get to read lots of books and you always find something new and amazing in them.Erica Motoc, age 7
It’s so easy to find the right book for your child. Such an easy-to-use, yet in-depth website. 100% reliable.Pippa, Jack, Liam & Matthew Wils