The Dragonsitter's Island
Written by Josh Lacey
Illustrated by Garry Parsons
Part of the The Dragonsitter Series Series
Lovereading4kids Price £3.99
£4.99 saving £1.00 (20%)
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
The Lovereading4Kids comment
A welcome addition to the highly entertaining Dragonsitter series which has previously been shortlisted for the Roald Dahl Funny Prize. Eddie is looking after his Uncle Morton’s dragon on a remote Scottish island. As ever with anything to do with Uncle Morton, nothing goes entirely to plan. Eddie is managing a locked house, the dinosaurs, some grumpy neighbours and…the Loch Ness Monster. Can he keep everyone safe before his uncle returns?
Kids love to read and so in addition to our Lovereading expert opinion some of our Lovereading4kids Reader Review Panel were also lucky enough to read and review this title.
- Aarav Mehta, age 5 - 'This book is very fantastic as you imagine the story in your own way.' Read full review >
- James Wood, age 6 - 'This book is an unusual style compared to most other books I've read. It's written as e-mails between the boy in the story Eddie and his Uncle Morton. It is a good adventure story and quite funny.' Read full review >
- Oliver Lonsdale, age 6 - 'I liked this book a lot as the dragons were nice (they are usually horrid).' Read full review >
- Harry Gray, age 6 - 'The email exchange format was novel and introduced a new range of language. Overall a very humorous and enjoyable book with great pace and characters.' Read full review >
- Isaac East, age 7 - 'The Dragonsitter's Island is a really funny book. Eddie is asked to look after his uncle's dragon on a special Island with a tiny town on it.' Read full review >
- Milind Kowsik, age 7 - 'This book is so funny, I am going to read all other books in this series.' Read full review >
- Daisy Sellers, age 9 - 'This book was very interesting because it had myths and legends in it...It was well illustrated and easy to read.' Read full review >
Win a Bear Hunt Goodie Bag!
The arrival of spring brings 2 new books based on the world of We're Going on a Bear Hunt by Michael Rosen and Helen Oxenbury, especially to encourage your children to get out and about and explore the outdoors this Easter.
And we have copies of My Explorer's Journal and My Adventure Field Guide to give away!
ONE LUCKY WINNER will get a copy of both My Explorer's Journal and My Adventure Field Guide, a DVD of We're Going on a Bear Hunt animation, a poster, and a small cuddly bear. THREE RUNNERS-UP will receive a copy of each book as runner up prizes.
To have a chance of winning one of these super prizes, click the button below. Please note that this draw is open only for UK residents and is free to enter, multiple entries from the same email address will only be counted once.
The draw closes on 3 May 2017. The winners will be notified by 15 May 2017.
The Dragonsitter's Island by Josh Lacey
Eddie is dragonsitting again, but this time he's looking after Uncle Morton's Scottish island too. And there are some strange goings on: the local sheep are disappearing, and Eddie swears he sees a mysterious creature in the loch. Could there be more than just dragons living there? It seems Eddie is in for a beastly surprise!
Praise for the Dragonsitter Series...
‘A witty and perfectly formed little book that deserves to be read and reread’ BOOKS FOR KEEPS
‘Short, sharp and funny’ TELEGRAPH
‘Will entertain any child of 7+’ THE TIMES
‘Belly-busting laughter for all the family’ WE LOVE THIS BOOK
About the Author
Interest Age: From 5
More books by Josh Lacey
Andersen Press Ltd
6th March 2014
Andersen Press Ltd is an imprint of Andersen Press
Andersen Press is one of the leading independent children’s publishers, publishing some of the biggest names in the world of children's books including the much-loved picture book characters the Little Princess and Elmer the patchwork elephant. Andersen Press is the home of many award-winning authors and illustrators including Melvin Burgess, Rebecca Stead, Satoshi Kitamura, Tony Ross, David McKee, Chris Judge and Jeanne Willis. Founded in 1976 by Klaus Flugge it won the Bologna Best Children’s Publisher prize in the European Category in 2016, the company’s 40th anniversary year.
At @HHSHaringey we love @lovereading4kids because our pupils can practice reviewing & get free upcoming books before anyone else!Helen Swinyard – Heartlands High
We love Lovereading4kids because they put books in front of us we wouldn’t otherwise have read. They make us more adventurous readers!Emily Jacques
I have told all my friends, family & teachers to see for themselves just how great the site is. Without fail, they are hugely impressed.Alexander Boxall – age 11
It’s so easy to find the right book for your child. Such an easy-to-use, yet in-depth website. 100% reliable.Pippa, Jack, Liam & Matthew Wils
It has introduced my children to books we hadn’t come across before. Real children’s reviews gives a great insight into what others think toLorraine Woods
We love Lovereading as my 5 year old loves to read new books before anyone else has a chance, she says it makes reading exciting!Tracey Chorley
I love Lovereading4kids because I get an opportunity to put my opinion forward and to try new booksElosie Clarkson – age 11
I love ‘LoveReading 4 kids’ because they let you read and learn things you’d never dreamed of learning before.Emily Horncastle – age 11