Written by Allan Boroughs
Part of the Legend of Ironheart Series
Lovereading4kids Price £5.59
£6.99 saving £1.40 (20%)
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
The Lovereading4Kids comment
Packed full of steampunk, this is a thrilling adventure set in a dystopian future world – after The Great Rains. India Bentley needs little encouragement to change her life when tech-hunter Verity Brown turns up with her deadly dangerous but super-cool android Calculus. India’s father has been missing for a year in Siberia and Verity Brown is determined to try and find him. But others are searching too as John Bentley was on a desperate mission to find Ironheart. Luckily, India possesses something special. Can she and Verity Brown succeed in their desperate mission to save the world?
Kids love to read and so in addition to our Lovereading expert opinion some of our Kids Reader Review Panel were also lucky enough to read and review this title.
- Daniel Mann, age 10 - 'I have really enjoyed Ironheart. India gets dragged into an adventure that she couldn't possibly dream of...Calculas the android is really cool!' Read full review >
- Rohan Delamere, age 8 - 'This is an amazing book about a battle to live, win the race to the fortress of Ironheart and save the world.' Read full review >
- Lucy Minton, age 10 - 'This was a truly amazing read.' Read full review >
- Susanna Wagstaff, age 11 - 'India, the main character, has a rough time, but that's why she's the tough girl everyone will love to read about! She survives so many obstacles, but when it comes to the last one, will she make it?' Read full review >
- Adiella Norridge, age 10 - 'A fast-paced science fiction fantasy, full of twists and turns.' Read full review >
- Sam Harper, age 10 - 'Ironheart is a fantastic adventure with lots of twists and turns. A fast paced and exciting story with a brilliant and brave heroine. I can't wait to read about more of India's adventures!' Read full review >
- Khadijah, age 18 - 'This is just the sort of post-apocalyptic read I have been looking for - for yonks! Which explains why I finished it in one day.' Read full review >
- Charlotte Rosevear, age 10 - 'Amazing book… I could not put it down.' Click Here to read the full review. Read full review >
- Chloe Pickering, age 10 - 'This book was exciting and fascinating. I couldn't stop to put it down.' Read full review >
- Ayah Osman, age 10 - 'Ironheart is a phenomenal book about an ordinary girl on a dangerous and mysterious adventure to find her father.' Read full review >
- Nia Lamptey, age 10 - 'It is about a young girl called India, who's father goes missing while searching for Ironheart...I would highly recommed this book as I really enjoyed reading it.' Read full review >
- Cassie Fernandes, age 9 - 'This story is very intense and lively!...I recommend this book highly, as it’s the most interesting book I have ever read.' Read full review >
Ironheart by Allan Boroughs
'First comes the iron and then comes the snow, and then comes the winter when nothing will grow.' Since her father went missing while prospecting for oil in Siberia, life has been tougher than ever for India Bentley. Little does she know that he was actually searching for Ironheart, a legendary fortress containing the secrets of the old world. A place some say could save humanity ...or destroy the world. Along with tech-hunter Verity Brown and her android, Calculus, a killer from the old world turned protector in the new, India must make the journey to remote Siberia to try to find her father and finish his work. But there are others fighting to find Ironheart too - and they have very different goals in mind. If India fails, it won't just be her father who pays the price. It will cost her the Earth.
's right up there with Lyra's journey to Svalbard in Northern Lights - powerful stuff... The plot pushes forward with relentless energy, unforeseen twists ... and secret codes hidden in the unlikeliest of places. And the mix of new world tech and old world magic is superbly combined. moontrug.com Mr Borough's debut novel is a real tour de force. Armadillo Magazine cracking action-adventure debut The Bookseller A well told gripping adventure story with plenty of action, original and interesting characters and a strong female protagonist, although there's no reason why boys shouldn't enjoy it. The School Librarian'
About the Author
Interest Age: From 9
More books by Allan Boroughs
Author's Facebook Latest
Macmillan Children's Books an imprint of Pan Macmillan
2nd January 2014
We love Lovereading4kids because they put books in front of us we wouldn’t otherwise have read. They make us more adventurous readers!Emily Jacques
At @HHSHaringey we love @lovereading4kids because our pupils can practice reviewing & get free upcoming books before anyone else!Helen Swinyard – Heartlands High
I have told all my friends, family & teachers to see for themselves just how great the site is. Without fail, they are hugely impressed.Alexander Boxall – age 11
I love finding new books to read. My mummy and me look at the new ones coming out. I have written reviews of some of them!Jessica Cobbin – age 7
It’s really exciting to read and review new books, thrilling to see my reviews online and I love finding the final published copies on sale.Sam Harper – age 10
Love “Lovereading4kids” as my son gets to hear about & read new books before his mates which keeps him interested in reading=a very happy MumLiz Evans
I love ‘LoveReading 4 kids’ because they let you read and learn things you’d never dreamed of learning before.Emily Horncastle – age 11
We love Lovereading as my 5 year old loves to read new books before anyone else has a chance, she says it makes reading exciting!Tracey Chorley