This edition of this book has not yet been published
It's due on 3rd November 2015. If you can't wait until then, why not choose another format from the 'Other Formats' box on the right.
Supercat vs the Pesky Pirate
Written by Jeanne Willis
Part of the Supercat Series
Lovereading4kids Price £4.79
£5.99 saving £1.20 (20%)
As soon as this book is published we will send you an email.
The Lovereading4Kids comment
Everybody's favourite all-action cat is back in the third instalment of the hilarious cat-superhero series, from award-winning author and queen of comedy, Jeanne Willis.
Kids love reading and in addition to our expert opinion a small number of our Lovereading4kids reader review panel members were lucky enough to read the first book in the series, Supercat vs the Chip Thief. You can read their reviews below.
- Nicole McGovern, age 8 - 'Will the day end cat-tasticly well or in a math’s muddle as SuperCat battles it out to be the best? I enjoyed it so much I can't wait to read more of her fantastic books.' Read full review >
- Emma Moroney, age 7 - 'I loved this book from start to finish. It was very funny, lots of jokes, strange and weird things happening along the way. I have recommended this to all my friends. Excellent Book!' Read full review >
- Rebekah Choi, age 11 - 'I loved this book because it was funny and the characters were really inventive.' Read full review >
- Rohan Delamere, age 8 - 'Meet SuperCat and his sidekick James as they fight the evil Count Backwards in this crazy comedy adventure!' Read full review >
- Ophelia Robinson-Beesley, age 7 - 'It is an amazing story with lots of credit and all sorts of funny jokes. With imaginative things like fake smells, baddies, cats and even toxic socks, what more could you want to smell?' Read full review >
- Daniel Bisland, age 6 - 'The book is about a roly-poly cat who is lazy!...His life changes when he finds his favourite food on James’s smelly sock! Tiger licked it then he turned into SUPERCAT!!!!' Read full review >
- Milind Kowsik - 'SuperCat is a very funny cat who was initially a very ordinary cat. But then he licked a greasy chip sock under James' bed and became SuperCat!' Read full review >
- Elspeth Paterson, age 9 - 'I really loved Supercat vs the Chip Thief, and give it 5 out of 5. It is a funny book, quick to read and enjoy.' Read full review >
- Mustafa Samadi, age 10 - 'James has a cat called Tiger, who is lazy, until one day when he accidentally licks one of James's old socks and turns into Supercat.' Read full review >
- Isaac East, age 7 - 'I thought that this was a really, really exciting and funny book. Supercat is a very funny cat and is always on the ball thinking!' Read full review >
- Faye Dawson, age 8 - 'I think if only I can get my Dad to read this book I might be able to persuade him to get me another cat!' Read full review >
- Tristan Pender, age 6 - 'IT’S BRILLIANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was one of the best books I have read.' Read full review >
- Matilda Greenacre, age 7 - 'This is a funny book about a cat that starts off being really lazy, but with one lick of a toxic sock he turns into "SuperCat".' Read full review >
- Luke Overett Somnier, age 7 - 'I like the part in the book where it says: ‘Magnifico! I look the cat's whiskers in this' said SuperCat, strutting about like a treacle pudding in tights’.' Read full review >
- George Johnson, age 7 - 'After I had read the first chapter, I couldn't wait to finish the book! It was full of action and really very funny.' Read full review >
- Emily Steele, age 10 - 'a comedic and entertaining book which is about a lazy, sleepy cat who doesn't care about the world until he got the shock of his life...I will definitely recommend this book to all my friends.' Read full review >
- Toby Pickering, age 7 - 'I really enjoyed reading this book. It was good how the author told us more about Supercat and his friends as the story went on.' Read full review >
- Shauna Cullinan, age 12 - 'The book is about Tiger – an ordinary fat cat. But Tiger has a secret! Just one lick of a sock that was under his owner, Jame’s bed, and he transforms into…..SUPERCAT!' Read full review >
- Mary Murphy, St. Colm's High School - 'This is an amazing read for children of all ages and is very entertaining too.' Read full review >
The Good Book Guide Review. Tiger was an ordinary cat until he licked a toxic sock under James’s bed – now he is Supercat! While James and Supercat are at the funfair, all the grown-ups mysteriously disappear. They suspect Count Backwards and follow him. Can they rescue the grown-ups and avoid being caught? Full of fun, laughter and slapstick comedy, this is a delightful read. (Ages 8–10)
~ Andrea Rayner
Win a HARDBACK copy of Diary of a Wimpy Kid Double Down!
The Wimpy Kid is back! To celebrate the publication of the 11th book in this bestselling series from Jeff Kinney we are giving away FIVE HARDBACK copies of Double Down!
To have a chance of winning one of these great prizes, click the button below. Please note that this draw is open only for UK residents and is free to enter, multiple entries from the same email address will only be counted once.
Draw closes on 5 December 2016. The winners will be notified by 16 December 2016 and you should have your prize in time for Christmas!
Supercat vs the Pesky Pirate by Jeanne Willis
When all the grown-ups disappear from the family funfair Supercat and his sidekick James suspect the evil Count Backwards is behind it. The crime-fighting duo track the count to his underwater headquarters - but can they sneak on board a submarine and save the day or will they end up as fish food?
Reader reviews of Supercat books from Love Reading4kids:
5 STARS... a mind-blowing adventure... really exciting. In fact I was unable to put it down! Nicole, aged 8
I loved this book... it was funny. Rebekah, aged 11
An amazing story Ophelia, aged 7
10/10 because it's funny! Daniel, aged 6
This book is the best book I've read this year Mustafa, aged 10
I think James and Supercat make a great team. I can't wait to read their next adventure... Faye, aged 8
An absolutely brilliant book and [I] just can't wait for the next one to come out George, aged 7
About the Author
Interest Age: From 7
More books by Jeanne Willis
3rd November 2015
I love lovereading4kids because I’ve read amazing books I would never have picked up, and its opened doors to new genre’s I now love.Harriet Cunningham
I love ‘LoveReading 4 kids’ because they let you read and learn things you’d never dreamed of learning before.Emily Horncastle – age 11
This company is amazing; not only is it is a great opportunity to get books and review them but everyone is so friendly and supportive!Jemma Rubens, age 10
I love Lovereading4kids because I get an opportunity to put my opinion forward and to try new booksElosie Clarkson – age 11
I love Lovereading as it provides an honest opinion and showcases a range of fiction. Suited to both parents & kids alike, it’s a must-use.Georgie Rowe – age 16
Writing reviews help the children with their literacy skills and we always read the books together which gives us good quality family time!Cat Bisland (on behalf of the Bi
At @HHSHaringey we love @lovereading4kids because our pupils can practice reviewing & get free upcoming books before anyone else!Helen Swinyard – Heartlands High
It’s really exciting to read and review new books, thrilling to see my reviews online and I love finding the final published copies on sale.Sam Harper – age 10