Memoirs of a Neurotic Zombie The One with the Zealous Zombees
Written by Jeff Norton
Lovereading4kids Price £5.59
£6.99 saving £1.40 (20%)
when in stock
As soon as this book is back in stock we will send you an email.Compare book price We'd love you to buy your books from Lovereading - especially if we helped you to choose them! But as our mantra is guidance, and that includes guidance on price, please do use our 'Compare Book Price' service to discover if the best value deal is from Lovereading or another specialist bookstore.
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
The Lovereading4Kids comment
With a great twist to it, this is a witty story of growing up and all the complications and unfairness of family and friends that go with it. Adam Meltzer is on an unusual mission. He wants to find out the mystery of his own death. Although Adam looks just like his old self and still has his Obsessive Compulsive Disorder he is actually – a zombie. Not the typical crazed, flesh-eating kind but the living dead nonetheless. Dead because a bee stung him as he was taking a big swing at a birthday piñata. But Adam isn’t allergic to bees. So, what was going on?
Kids love to read and so in addition to our Lovereading expert review, some of our Lovereading4kids Reader Review Panel were also lucky enough to read and review this title.
- James Page, age 10 - 'This book will engross you from start to finish. It is a great zombie tale with plenty of thrills and spills.' Read full review >
- Sam Harper, age 10 - 'A brilliantly funny book. Adam's handling of his tricky new, undead situation on top of his neuroses was hilarious. The funniest zom-com ever!' Read full review >
- Daniel Aconley, age 11 - 'Good, exciting book but a disappointing ending.' Read full review >
- William Longlands, age 10 - '10/10! I never got bored reading this book and read it at a rate of knots as there was always lots happening.' Read full review >
- Alice East, age 9 - 'This book was a really exciting brilliant book about a boy gets stung by a bee and turns into a Zombie.' Read full review >
- Alex Crisp, age 9 - 'An immensely funny mystery book about zombies, vampires, werebeasts and genetically modified bees! Come and join Adam Meltzer on an amazing trip to find out how he died and to stop everyone else dying of the same cause.' Read full review >
Memoirs of a Neurotic Zombie The One with the Zealous Zombees by Jeff Norton
'My name is Adam Meltzer and the last thing I remember was being stung by a bee while swinging at a robot-shaped pinata on my twelfth birthday. I was dead before the candy hit the ground.' Memoirs of a Neurotic Zombie is narrated by the hilarious Adam Meltzer - pre-teen, worrywart, and now zombie. Adam's family gets the fright of their lives when he turns up at their door ...three months after his funeral. Soon Adam's back at school trying to fit in and not draw extra attention to himself, but when he sees his neighbour Ernesto transform into a chupacubra, and the beautiful Corina (Adam's number one mega-crush) turns out to be a (vegan) vampire, undead life is never going to be the same again.
This is a hilarious adventure caper - if Ferris Bueller met Shaun of the Dead - all about friendship and being yourself ...even if you're undead.
About the Author
Interest Age: from 9 to 11
More books by Jeff Norton
Faber Children's Books an imprint of Faber & Faber
7th August 2014
We love Lovereading4kids because they put books in front of us we wouldn’t otherwise have read. They make us more adventurous readers!Emily Jacques
At @HHSHaringey we love @lovereading4kids because our pupils can practice reviewing & get free upcoming books before anyone else!Helen Swinyard – Heartlands High
I love Lovereading4kids because I get an opportunity to put my opinion forward and to try new booksElosie Clarkson – age 11
It is THE website to use for narrowing down your search for any book. Definitely knocks the socks off any other book review website.Nickey and Tomasz Hawryszczuk
This company is amazing; not only is it is a great opportunity to get books and review them but everyone is so friendly and supportive!Jemma Rubens, age 10
It is fantastic, you get to read lots of books and you always find something new and amazing in them.Erica Motoc, age 7
I am so pleased to have signed my kids up as they are reading a much wider range of books and even choosing books out of their comfort zone.Angela East
Love “Lovereading4kids” as my son gets to hear about & read new books before his mates which keeps him interested in reading=a very happy MumLiz Evans