Lesser Spotted Animals
Written by Martin Brown
Lovereading4kids Price £10.39
£12.99 saving £2.60 (20%)
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
The Lovereading4Kids comment
In a nutshell: not your average animal book | This is no ordinary animal book, you won’t find the usual suspects in its page, no tigers, pandas, bears here. Instead be prepared to be amazed by animals you’ve never heard of, from the Cuban solenodon (one of the few mammals with a poisonous bite) to the stinky but useful zorilla, aka Africa’s pongiest predator. Martin ‘Horrible Histories illustrator’ Brown celebrates a host of animals that deserve to be better know, in a book that offers a refreshingly different approach to natural history. Each page is packed with fascinating information, cleverly laid out with frequent jokes and cartoon asides adding to the fun. At the same time, there’s a serious message about the threat to these creatures from humans, and habitat loss. ~ Andrea Reece
Kids love to read and so in addition to the review by one of the Lovereading4kids editorial experts some of our Lovereading4kids Reader Review Panel members were also lucky enough to read and review this title. Click here to read their full reviews.
- Daniel Bisland, age 9 - 'I would like to read more books like this as this book has taught me a lot!this is the best non-fiction book I’ve ever read!'
- Lewis Briggs, age 10 - 'This non-fiction book is written in a really interesting, humorous way, suitable for children...it's just so fantastic, I couldn't put the book down!'
- Sue Wilsher - 'Martin Brown (well known for his Horrible Histories illustrations) has chosen a fascinaing selection of animals which you probably haven't heard of...the perfect mix of high quality information, humour and brilliant illustrations.'
- Toby Little, age 9 - 'I really liked this book because I like animals, and this book tells you lots of things about animals I had never heard of!'
- Matilda Scarbrow, age 8, Baring School - 'It tells you really interesting facts about animals that you have never heard of, for example the Lesser Fairy Armadillo...The illustrations are both beautiful and funny.'
- Ross O'Gorman, age 10 - 'This is a brilliant book filled with informative and humorous facts about 21 animals that many people probably don't even know exist. I loved the colour illustrations and the funny speech bubbles.'
- Tomasz Hawryszczuk - 'Highly recommend to any age, boy or girl, even adults, as my mum found it funny and educational! What a fantastic book...10 out of 10 from me!'
Win a Timmy Failure Goody Bag!
Everyone's favourite best worst detective is back in Timmy Failure: The Cat Stole My Pants! To mark the publication of the sixth book in this popular series we are giving away a fantastic goody bag which includes the 6 Timmy books, a Timmy scarf, mask, bookmark, and stickers.
To have a chance of winning this super prize, click the button below. Please note that this draw is open only for UK residents and is free to enter, multiple entries from the same email address will only be counted once.
The draw closes on 29 May 2017. The winners will be notified by 5 June 2017.
Lesser Spotted Animals by Martin Brown
Bison are banned and tigers are taboo! Say goodbye to the gnu, cheerio to the cheetah and poo poo to the panda. The world of Lesser Spotted Animals starts HERE!
Discover the brilliant beasts you never knew you needed to know anything about - from the numbat to the zorilla and everything in between. Martin Brown's wonderfully funny and fact-tastic writing, teamed with his fabulous illustrations and tummy-tickling jokes is a winning combination.
Packed full of fun facts with plenty of icky bits, these are the tidbits of information that will see your child win their local pub quiz in future years. - Independent
5* Brilliant beasts you never knew you needed to know about The Bookbag
About the Author
More books by Martin Brown
David Fickling Books
6th October 2016
It’s so easy to find the right book for your child. Such an easy-to-use, yet in-depth website. 100% reliable.Pippa, Jack, Liam & Matthew Wils
At @HHSHaringey we love @lovereading4kids because our pupils can practice reviewing & get free upcoming books before anyone else!Helen Swinyard – Heartlands High
Writing reviews help the children with their literacy skills and we always read the books together which gives us good quality family time!Cat Bisland (on behalf of the Bi
LoveReading4Kids is a modern and creative way of emphasising the value and importance of books in this digital age #booksforlifeAmrit Bunet – Teen
We love Lovereading4kids because it promotes reading choices, new authors and a sense of community for children of all ages!Rachel Bridgeman
I have told all my friends, family & teachers to see for themselves just how great the site is. Without fail, they are hugely impressed.Alexander Boxall – age 11
Love “Lovereading4kids” as my son gets to hear about & read new books before his mates which keeps him interested in reading=a very happy MumLiz Evans
You give me age appropriate ideas of books I can read and buy for the children and find out what other children their age think of them too.Katie Lonsdale