Seven Second Delay
Written by Tom Easton
Lovereading4kids Price £5.59
£6.99 saving £1.40 (20%)
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
The Lovereading4Kids comment
May 2014 Book of the Month A story that crackles with tension as Mila tries to outwit her captors whose technology has her in their grip. Living on Isles, a vividly imagined futuristic world, Mila had hoped to find a new and freer way of life. Instead, she is in thrall to the Agents who have implanted a phone that broadcasts her every move. Mila must go on the run to find freedom. But how can she possibly outwit the super trained force who are sent out to fight her? Mila has a 7 second start. Will that be enough to save her life?
Teens love to read and in addition to our Lovereading4kids expert opinion some of our Reader Review Panel members were also lucky enough to read and review this title ahead of publication.
- Josh Hall, age 14 - 'A descriptive and and exciting tale!' Read full review >
- Susanna Mc Gurk, age 13 - 'I found Seven Second Delay a very compelling book that will keep you up at night wondering if the main characters are going to survive or not.' Read full review >
- Eloise Mae Clarkson, age 11 - 'This book was awesome! The plot was amazing with loads of unpredictable things that happened.' Read full review >
- Alicia Lagan, age 13 - 'The end of the book is really intense and I couldn’t put it down...I am really glad I read this book and would give it a 10 out of 10.' Read full review >
- Rosa Boran, age 14 - 'I really enjoyed this book. It was so cool and had me on my toes. It was a great read.' Read full review >
- Sarah Murray, age 15 - 'I loved this book! It was high tech, action packed and everything a dystopian should be!' Read full review >
- Emily Passmore, age 13 - 'An interesting book with something for everyone: romance, suspense and adventure. All in one brilliant book!' Read full review >
- Jasmine Randall, age 12 - 'Seven Second Delay was a gripping, fast-paced tale with not one dull moment throughout the book. It was unputdownable and I would 100% recommend it.' Read full review >
- Rose Heathcote, age 15 - 'AMAZING - Action packed storyline which I couldn't put down. Great survival story which will have you hooked from the beginning. YOU WONT BE DISAPPOINTED a really captivating book.' Read full review >
- Esmé Molloy, age 14 - 'This book is amazing, I was so hooked I read it all through the night! 11/10!' Read full review >
- Sam Moffat, age 11 - 'I loved this book, it was like no other book I have ever read. I couldn’t put it down and I read it over two nights.' Read full review >
- Susana Sanchez-Gonzalez, adult - 'Those readers wanting a fast-paced story set in the future and full of gadgets will not be disappointed but to me, this book is like a roller-coaster that has not enough loops… Still,worth the ride.' Read full review >
Seven Second Delay by Tom Easton
Mila has 7 seconds. 7 seconds to fight. 7 seconds to escape. Seeking a new life on the futuristic Isles, Mila's time runs out - she's captured by Agents, who implant her with a phone that broadcasts her every move. Now she's on the run, hounded by an elite fighting force who is convinced she poses a dangerous threat to society. Her only advantage: a seven second delay. It's a race against time.
About the Author
Interest Age: From 12
More books by Tom Easton
Andersen Press Ltd
1st May 2014
Andersen Press Ltd is an imprint of Andersen Press
Andersen Press is one of the leading independent children’s publishers, publishing some of the biggest names in the world of children's books including the much-loved picture book characters the Little Princess and Elmer the patchwork elephant. Andersen Press is the home of many award-winning authors and illustrators including Melvin Burgess, Rebecca Stead, Satoshi Kitamura, Tony Ross, David McKee, Chris Judge and Jeanne Willis. Founded in 1976 by Klaus Flugge it won the Bologna Best Children’s Publisher prize in the European Category in 2016, the company’s 40th anniversary year.
Lovereading is just a convenient way to find new books and hear others opinions on them.Sarah Murray – age 15
We love Lovereading4kids because it promotes reading choices, new authors and a sense of community for children of all ages!Rachel Bridgeman
This company is amazing; not only is it is a great opportunity to get books and review them but everyone is so friendly and supportive!Jemma Rubens, age 10
It has introduced my children to books we hadn’t come across before. Real children’s reviews gives a great insight into what others think toLorraine Woods
Writing reviews help the children with their literacy skills and we always read the books together which gives us good quality family time!Cat Bisland (on behalf of the Bi
Love “Lovereading4kids” as my son gets to hear about & read new books before his mates which keeps him interested in reading=a very happy MumLiz Evans
Lovereading4kids is great, we get books really early never late. We love to read and review, and think you would like it too. The excitementJasmine Harris-Hart, age 12
It is THE website to use for narrowing down your search for any book. Definitely knocks the socks off any other book review website.Nickey and Tomasz Hawryszczuk