The Most Powerful Boy in the Universe
Written by Matt Brown
Part of the Compton Valance Series
Lovereading4kids Price £4.79
£5.99 saving £1.20 (20%)
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
The Lovereading4Kids comment
One of our Books of the Year 2014 - June 2014 Debut of the Month Told at a speed to match the time-travel theme of the story, this is a highly entertaining and wittily illustrated adventure which pays a lot of attention to food! Dreamy Compton Valance’s world is turned upside down when he comes across a very old sandwich which has some very unusual powers. Soon Compton Valance and his best-friend Bryan Nylon find they have the amazing power to travel through time. It’s a fun and frightening experience and the two boys have a lot of laughs on their unusual travels.
The Good Book Guide Review. Compton’s life is pretty ordinary, until he creates a time machine and goes back in time. However, he doesn’t realise that what happens in the past changes the present and the future. This amusing and highly illustrated book presents complex ideas about time travel in a way that is extremely appealing to young boys. (Ages 9–11)
~ Andrea Rayner
Kids love to read and so in addition to our Lovereading4kids expert opinion some of our Kids Reader Review Panel were also lucky enough to read and review this title.
- Sam Harper, age 10 - 'This is a crazy, fast paced and hilarious time travel adventure. I loved the cartoons and extra info added to each page in the small print and I really, really enjoyed reading it.' Read full review >
- Alex Faulkner, age 10 - 'Quite an interesting book that tries to be funny but isn't as humorous as other books like it.' Read full review >
- Dylan Sweet, age 10 - 'this is going to be a hilarious beginning to a brilliant series.' Read full review >
- Toby Slocombe, age 10 - 'Compton Valance is a fantastic book.' Read full review >
- Alex Bateman, age 8 - 'There were lots of very funny bits in the book but it seemed like it was trying too hard to be funny.' Read full review >
- Daniel Harrison, age 7 - 'It was very funny because I liked the small writing at the bottom of some pages. I would like to read the next one of these.' Read full review >
- Sarankan Selvanathan, age 10 - 'I have to admit this is one of the most weirdest books I have read. At first I thought it was a story and then a blurb! But it is really full of suspense.' Read full review >
- Emily Lonsdale, age 8 - 'I liked this book because it was a bit unpredicatable it was a nice surprise not knowing what would happen next.' Read full review >
The Most Powerful Boy in the Universe by Matt Brown
When Compton Valance and his best friend Bryan Nylon discover the world's first Time Machine (aka a mouldy, thirteen-week-old-cheese-and-pickled-egg sandwich), they become the most powerful boys in the universe. But how will Compton and Bryan decide to use their incredible new time-travelling powers? Will they use them for good? Will they use them for evil? Or will they just focus their efforts on perfecting a formula for the world's first pair of custard trousers? Things are about to get totally scrambled for Compton Valance.
“Funny, clever, brilliant – I love this book. Buy it immediately!” - Dermot O’Leary
“An immensely clever, imaginative and pretty gross (in only a way a child will relish) read with plenty of twists. Basically perfect in every way.” - Myleene Klass
About the Author
More books by Matt Brown
Author's Facebook Latest
Usborne Publishing Ltd
1st June 2014
I think Lovereading4kids is an amazing company because of the friendly staff and the fabulous chance to read great books before publication.Adam Graham
I love Lovereading4kids because I get an opportunity to put my opinion forward and to try new booksElosie Clarkson – age 11
Lovereading is just a convenient way to find new books and hear others opinions on them.Sarah Murray – age 15
I am so pleased to have signed my kids up as they are reading a much wider range of books and even choosing books out of their comfort zone.Angela East
It’s so easy to find the right book for your child. Such an easy-to-use, yet in-depth website. 100% reliable.Pippa, Jack, Liam & Matthew Wils
It’s a community united by a passion for books and promoting the best there is in children’s literature.Sam Bateman and family
It is THE website to use for narrowing down your search for any book. Definitely knocks the socks off any other book review website.Nickey and Tomasz Hawryszczuk
I love lovereading4kids because I’ve read amazing books I would never have picked up, and its opened doors to new genre’s I now love.Harriet Cunningham