The Yoghurt Plot
Written by Fleur Hitchcock
Lovereading4kids Price £4.79
£5.99 saving £1.20 (20%)
when in stock
As soon as this book is back in stock we will send you an email.Compare book price We'd love you to buy your books from Lovereading - especially if we helped you to choose them! But as our mantra is guidance, and that includes guidance on price, please do use our 'Compare Book Price' service to discover if the best value deal is from Lovereading or another specialist bookstore.
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
The Lovereading4Kids comment
June 2014 Book of the Month This is a completely hair-brained family-friendly adventure in which the combination of Bugg and Dilan, two brothers together with time-travel, yoghurts and gerbils somehow and inexplicably create a fast-paced story that 7+ year olds will love and it's from the pen of bestselling novelist Fleur Hitchcock. If nothing else it will set off the readers' imagination into overdrive on life's possibilities - nothing will be considered impossible once you've read this book.
A Piece of Passion Sara O'Connor, Editorial Director Time travel through yoghurt pots. How could I not love this idea? It is utterly bonkers and yet told so naturally that I can't help thinking about it each time I peel open a lid to my favourite Corner yoghurt... Granted, it isn't quite the right shape of pot, but as this wonderfully wacky story shows, it's not about the container but the contents. Plus, there's ballroom dancing. Time travel, yoghurt, gerbils and ballroom dancing. Wondering how those things could possibly fit together? You're just going to have to read it to find out!
Kids love to read and so in addition to our Lovereading expert review, some of our Lovereading4kids Reader Review Panel were also lucky enough to read and review this title.
- Hannah Minton, age 8 - 'An all round good read.' Read full review >
- Alex Crisp, age 9 - 'This is a very funny, confusing sci-fi-ish story, with three children who keep committing time crimes and trying to fix them.' Read full review >
- Evie Young, age 9 - 'Bugg and Dilan eat old yoghurt and travel back in time, a really fun story about time travel.' Read full review >
- Jack Saddler, age 9 - 'I loved the book because it was complex and also mystifying. It is about time travel and makes you think because whenever the characters fix something in the past they mess something up in the future!' Read full review >
- Miranda Beinart – Smith, age 8 - 'This book is the wackiest story that I’ve ever read! The idea of yoghurts taking you back in time is really. really, really cool! You should definitely read this amazing book!' Read full review >
- Alina Wraith, age 9 - 'It was a brilliant book, the characters were funny and it had a great sense of comedy.' Read full review >
- Emily Lonsdale, age 8 - 'Time traveling fridge! An original, gripping read.' Read full review >
- Sam Harper, age 10 - 'A fridge which can communicate and yoghurts which make you travel in time. Who would believe it? An amazing, funny, time travel adventure. I was totally hooked from page one.' Read full review >
- Lucas, age 9 - 'I really really liked this book!' Read full review >
- Traviss Chaytors, age 11 - 'Ballroom dancing and time traveling with gerbils’, what next?' Read full review >
- Dylan Sweet, age 10 - 'This is a very funny book and caught me in hysterics. One of my favourite scenes is when they nearly get caught by the police in 1974 for stealing a fizzy drink.' Read full review >
- Toby Pickering , age 7 - 'This is a very interesting book with a different take on time travel. I found it funny and exciting.' Read full review >
- Alexander Bisland, age 8 - 'I recommend this to 9+ time travelling fans who like good fictional stories...I give it 10/10.' Read full review >
Win a SIGNED hardback copy of Ottoline and the Purple Fox!
We are giving away 3 signed hardback copies of the fourth Ottoline adventure written and illustrated by Chris Riddell, Ottoline and the Purple Fox.
To have a chance of winning one of these great prizes, click the button below. Please note that this draw is open only for UK residents and is free to enter, multiple entries from the same email address will only be counted once.
Draw closes on 5 December 2016. The winners will be notified by 16 December 2016 and you should have your prize in time for Christmas!
The Yoghurt Plot by Fleur Hitchcock
'I don't want my life controlled by a fridge.' Humming in the kitchen of Bugg and Dilan's new home is a huge, mysterious fridge. Even when Bugg turns off the power, the light stays on. Plus, it's full of strange-looking yoghurts in glass jars with wax-paper lids. Should they? Shouldn't they? They do, but the yoghurts take them back to 1974. What follows is a desperate scramble across time and space, in which the siblings discover a 40-year-old time crime and become painfully aware that small changes they make in the past can have huge consequences for their future. Aided and hindered by go-for-it gerbil-fancier Lorna, they try to put everything back in order before time - and the yoghurts - run out completely.
's possibilities - nothing will be considered impossible once you've read this book. -- Julia Eccleshare Lovereading4kids - Book of the Month'
About the Author
Interest Age: From 9
More books by Fleur Hitchcock
Author's Facebook Latest
Hot Key Books
3rd July 2014
Hot Key Books is an imprint of Hot Key
Hot Key Books, a division of Bonnier Publishing, publish stand out, quality fiction, for 9 – 19 year olds, print and digital that people like to talk about. If you are looking for something a little bit different from your books, something a little bit special then Hot Key Books may well have just what you want.
I have told all my friends, family & teachers to see for themselves just how great the site is. Without fail, they are hugely impressed.Alexander Boxall – age 11
I am so pleased to have signed my kids up as they are reading a much wider range of books and even choosing books out of their comfort zone.Angela East
This company is amazing; not only is it is a great opportunity to get books and review them but everyone is so friendly and supportive!Jemma Rubens, age 10
You give me age appropriate ideas of books I can read and buy for the children and find out what other children their age think of them too.Katie Lonsdale
It’s so easy to find the right book for your child. Such an easy-to-use, yet in-depth website. 100% reliable.Pippa, Jack, Liam & Matthew Wils
I love Lovereading4kids because I get an opportunity to put my opinion forward and to try new booksElosie Clarkson – age 11