This edition of this book has not yet been published
It's due on 2013-08-15. If you can't wait until then, why not choose another format from the 'Other Formats' box on the right.
Written by Andrew Fukuda
Lovereading4kids Price £6.39
£7.99 saving £1.60 (20%)
As soon as this book is published we will send you an email.
The Lovereading4Kids comment
The tense and terrifying sequel to the acclaimed vampire novel, The Hunt.
In addition to our Lovereading expert opinion some of our Reader Review Panel were also lucky enough to read and review the first title in this series, The Hunt. You can read their reveiws below.
- Sophia Ufton - 'Well what can I say.... WOW! This book was certainly out of this world, chilling and inventive. It keeps you on your toes. Brilliant!' Read full review >
- Josh Hall, age 14 - 'A vivid and fast paced read!' Read full review >
- Rosa Bora, age 14 - 'I really liked this book. It was so good and the tension was high. I can't wait for the next one.' Read full review >
- George Oliver, age 15 - 'THIS BOOK IS AMAZING. The plot and the general idea of the book is completely original, casting away the twilight and count Dracula stereotypes.' Read full review >
- Carla McGuigan, age 14 - 'This novel is a thrilling read and I strongly recommend it for people who are interested in vampires and love thrillers. This book had me hooked right from the start.' Read full review >
- James Smart, age 14 - 'I found this book really cool and it really is like The Hunger Games but with vampires.' Read full review >
The Prey by Andrew Fukuda
For Gene and the remaining humans - or hepers - death is just a heartbeat away. On the run and hunted by society, they must find a way to survive in The Vast...and avoid the hungry predators tracking them in the dark. But they're not the only things following Gene. He's haunted by the girl he left behind and his burgeoning feelings for Sissy, the human girl at his side. When they discover a refuge of exiled humans living high in the mountains, Gene and his friends think they're finally safe. Led by a group of intensely secretive elders, the civilisation begins to raise more questions than answers. A strict code of behaviour is the rule, harsh punishments are meted out, young men are nowhere to be found - and Gene begins to wonder if the world they've entered is just as evil as the one they left behind. As life at the refuge grows more perilous, he and Sissy only grow closer. In an increasingly violent world, all they have is each other...if they can only stay alive.
About the Author
More books by Andrew Fukuda
Author's Facebook Latest
Simon & Schuster Childrens Books an imprint of Simon & Schuster Ltd
15th August 2013
I love all the books they recommend & put up for me to review. I also love the fact that they give new authors the chance to share their booDaisy Pennock – age 15
It’s so easy to find the right book for your child. Such an easy-to-use, yet in-depth website. 100% reliable.Pippa, Jack, Liam & Matthew Wils
Writing reviews help the children with their literacy skills and we always read the books together which gives us good quality family time!Cat Bisland (on behalf of the Bi
It has introduced my children to books we hadn’t come across before. Real children’s reviews gives a great insight into what others think toLorraine Woods
A great way to introduce kids to great books, authors & genres. Parents can find age-appropriate books to share with their children.Judi Davies – Aberdare Girls Sch
It gives me a chance to read types of books that I would not normally try, and it motivates me to read every night to finish it!Alice Horncastle, age 14
It’s really exciting to read and review new books, thrilling to see my reviews online and I love finding the final published copies on sale.Sam Harper – age 10
Lovereading4kids is great, we get books really early never late. We love to read and review, and think you would like it too. The excitementJasmine Harris-Hart, age 12