Written by Andrew Fukuda
Lovereading4kids Price £6.39
£7.99 saving £1.60 (20%)
when in stock
As soon as this book is back in stock we will send you an email.Compare book price We'd love you to buy your books from Lovereading - especially if we helped you to choose them! But as our mantra is guidance, and that includes guidance on price, please do use our 'Compare Book Price' service to discover if the best value deal is from Lovereading or another specialist bookstore.
The Lovereading4Kids comment
The tense and terrifying sequel to the acclaimed vampire novel, The Hunt.
In addition to our Lovereading expert opinion some of our Reader Review Panel were also lucky enough to read and review the first title in this series, The Hunt. You can read their reveiws below.
- Sophia Ufton - 'Well what can I say.... WOW! This book was certainly out of this world, chilling and inventive. It keeps you on your toes. Brilliant!' Read full review >
- Josh Hall, age 14 - 'A vivid and fast paced read!' Read full review >
- Rosa Bora, age 14 - 'I really liked this book. It was so good and the tension was high. I can't wait for the next one.' Read full review >
- George Oliver, age 15 - 'THIS BOOK IS AMAZING. The plot and the general idea of the book is completely original, casting away the twilight and count Dracula stereotypes.' Read full review >
- Carla McGuigan, age 14 - 'This novel is a thrilling read and I strongly recommend it for people who are interested in vampires and love thrillers. This book had me hooked right from the start.' Read full review >
- James Smart, age 14 - 'I found this book really cool and it really is like The Hunger Games but with vampires.' Read full review >
The Prey by Andrew Fukuda
For Gene and the remaining humans - or hepers - death is just a heartbeat away. On the run and hunted by society, they must find a way to survive in The Vast...and avoid the hungry predators tracking them in the dark. But they're not the only things following Gene. He's haunted by the girl he left behind and his burgeoning feelings for Sissy, the human girl at his side. When they discover a refuge of exiled humans living high in the mountains, Gene and his friends think they're finally safe. Led by a group of intensely secretive elders, the civilisation begins to raise more questions than answers. A strict code of behaviour is the rule, harsh punishments are meted out, young men are nowhere to be found - and Gene begins to wonder if the world they've entered is just as evil as the one they left behind. As life at the refuge grows more perilous, he and Sissy only grow closer. In an increasingly violent world, all they have is each other...if they can only stay alive.
About the Author
More books by Andrew Fukuda
Author's Facebook Latest
Simon & Schuster Childrens Books an imprint of Simon & Schuster Ltd
15th August 2013
This company is amazing; not only is it is a great opportunity to get books and review them but everyone is so friendly and supportive!Jemma Rubens, age 10
We love Lovereading4kids because it promotes reading choices, new authors and a sense of community for children of all ages!Rachel Bridgeman
It is THE website to use for narrowing down your search for any book. Definitely knocks the socks off any other book review website.Nickey and Tomasz Hawryszczuk
I love Lovereading4kids because I get an opportunity to put my opinion forward and to try new booksElosie Clarkson – age 11
I love ‘LoveReading 4 kids’ because they let you read and learn things you’d never dreamed of learning before.Emily Horncastle – age 11
I love Lovereading as it provides an honest opinion and showcases a range of fiction. Suited to both parents & kids alike, it’s a must-use.Georgie Rowe – age 16
Writing reviews help the children with their literacy skills and we always read the books together which gives us good quality family time!Cat Bisland (on behalf of the Bi
It gives me a chance to read types of books that I would not normally try, and it motivates me to read every night to finish it!Alice Horncastle, age 14