Spies in Disguise: Boy in Tights
Written by Kate Scott
Part of the Spies in Disguise Series
Lovereading4kids Price £4.79
£5.99 saving £1.20 (20%)
when in stock
As soon as this book is back in stock we will send you an email.Compare book price We'd love you to buy your books from Lovereading - especially if we helped you to choose them! But as our mantra is guidance, and that includes guidance on price, please do use our 'Compare Book Price' service to discover if the best value deal is from Lovereading or another specialist bookstore.
The Lovereading4Kids comment
Joe discovers his boring parents are really spies - and that it's up to him to protect their secret identity. There's just one problem... He has to pretend to be a girl!
A Piece of Passion from Melissa Hyder, Publisher, Piccadilly Press Spy stories intrigue us like nothing else does. The idea of a boy discovering his tragically boring parents are really spies and a life of excitement and intrigue opening up before him sounded like a great adventure. So then I practically choked on my tea laughing when I read on that poor Joe gets the spy life he craves, but at a price few boys would be willing to pay…he has to live disguised as a girl. And finding out what it means to be a girl (and a boy) is quite an awakening for Joe!
It's a great set-up and Kate's comic writing really sparkles through Joe's missions, underpinned with a great empathy for the other things that really matter in life (aside from charging up your rocket-scooter and spy-cams) like making good friends, understanding the people around you and protecting your family.
Kids love to read and so in addition to our Lovereading expert opinion some of our Lovereading4kids Reader Review Panel were also lucky enough to read and review this title.
- Nicholas Butler, age 8 - 'I very much enjoyed this book because I thought it was funny that Joe had to dress up as a girl due to his parents being spies and being chased by bad people that want to hurt them.' Read full review >
- Alex Bateman, age 8 - 'Amazing! This book made me feel alive and happy throughout.' Read full review >
- Lucy Bridges, age 8 - 'This a brilliant book for my age, everyone that reads this book will absolutely LOVE IT and I mean LOVE IT to bits. So read this book, get it and read it now! (it is amazing!)' Read full review >
- Daniel Bisland, age 6 - 'I give it 1,000/1,000 because it’s a funny book and it’s extremely exciting.' Read full review >
- Sabina Beinart-Smith, age 6 - 'I thought this book was really really really really funny because Joe had to go to school as a girl. But he wasn't very good at being a girl!' Read full review >
- Miranda Beinart-Smith, age 8 - 'This book is really funny because it's about a boy who goes to school undercover as a girl! He wears a frilly, pink dress, a blonde wig and pink and white tights!' Read full review >
- Daniel Harrison, age 7 - 'This was quite a funny book.' Read full review >
- Brodie Greenslade, age 8 - 'Spies in Disguise is a story about who a boy who has to go undercover at his school which means he has to dress up as a girl! I really liked the book because it made me laugh.' Read full review >
- Ethan Douglas, age 9 - 'Joe's parents are spies...Joe has to go in disguise (in a dress) to a different school. Can he survive without giving away his true identity? a very good book, very funny and awesome.' Read full review >
- Sam Harper, age 10 - 'A very funny book...I can still picture him with his hairy legs in the scratchy tights and frilly dress and I can't wait to read about his adventures in the next in the series. A real winner!' Read full review >
- Oliver Lonsdale, age 6 - 'This book is fantastic, it’s really funny and exciting all rolled into one.' Read full review >
- Liam Wilson, age 9 - 'A funny, exciting book.' Read full review >
- Lily Benner, age 9 - 'This book was like my favourite chocolate, I wanted to gobble it up but was sad when it was finished.' Read full review >
- Jasmine Harris-Hart, age 12 – 'When Joe discovers his mum and dad are spies he thinks it's great, until he realizes they are in danger! A good spy story, it keeps you guessing all the way through and plenty of laughs to be had too.' Read full review >
- Erica Motoc, age 7 - 'Joe has to go under-cover as a GIRL which is NOT GOOD AT ALL...You can imagine how funny that is!' Read full review >
- Eloise Mae Clarkson, age 11 - 'This book is both funny and exciting.' Read full review >
- Jennifer Towler, age 8 - 'Loved it! I was nervous when Sam realised that Josie was a boy, but it was funny that the friends all wanted boxer shorts!' Read full review >
Lucas, age 9 - 'It was hilarious and I loved it!' Read full review >
- George Johnson, age 7 - 'It was really really really funny! I loved the fact that there was a boy dressed up as a girl who was a spy - great idea for a story.' Read full review >
Spies in Disguise: Boy in Tights by Kate Scott
Joe discovers his parents are spies, which is great. But Joe's parents are in danger which is not so great. And Joe has to go undercover as a girl which is definitely not great at all. Joe (now Josephine) is miserable when he starts his new school in a blond wig, dress and tights. But soon he has a spy mission of his own. Using a host of unusual gadgets, Joe investigates some suspicious goings on. But can he do so without revealing his true identity?
About the Author
Interest Age: From 9
More books by Kate Scott
Piccadilly Press Ltd an imprint of Templar Publishing
27th June 2013
It is fantastic, you get to read lots of books and you always find something new and amazing in them.Erica Motoc, age 7
We love Lovereading as my 5 year old loves to read new books before anyone else has a chance, she says it makes reading exciting!Tracey Chorley
I think Lovereading4kids is an amazing company because of the friendly staff and the fabulous chance to read great books before publication.Adam Graham
It has introduced my children to books we hadn’t come across before. Real children’s reviews gives a great insight into what others think toLorraine Woods
We love Lovereading4kids because they put books in front of us we wouldn’t otherwise have read. They make us more adventurous readers!Emily Jacques
Lovereading4kids is great, we get books really early never late. We love to read and review, and think you would like it too. The excitementJasmine Harris-Hart, age 12
I love Lovereading as it provides an honest opinion and showcases a range of fiction. Suited to both parents & kids alike, it’s a must-use.Georgie Rowe – age 16
It’s a community united by a passion for books and promoting the best there is in children’s literature.Sam Bateman and family