Hunk and Thud Wrestling Trolls: Match Two
Written by Jim Eldridge
Part of the Wrestling Trolls Series
Lovereading4kids Price £4.79
£5.99 saving £1.20 (20%)
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
The Lovereading4Kids comment
With even more smack-downs, tie-clinches and backwards pinfalls, the second instalment of the Wrestling Trolls series has hunky wrestlers with hairy feet, a horde of vile villains and a little boy with a BIG personality.
A Piece of Passion from Sara O'Connor, Editorial Director This series does what is says on the tin - trolls that wrestle. But is has other charming, wacky and wonderful characters that wrestle, too. And underneath all the action, there is real heart to these characters who grow together as a family and support each other, through spandex mishaps, minor head injuries and brushes with the evil Lord Veto. And that's why I love it!
Kids love to read and a small number of children were lucky enough to be invited to review the first title in the series, Wrestling Trolls: Big Rock and the Masked Avenger. You can read their reviews below.
- Alexander Bisland, age 8 -'I liked the book but the puzzles made it more superb! I give it 10/10 even though I don’t like wrestling because I liked the story!' Read full review >
- Jacob, age 9 - 'Wrestling Trolls is an action packed book with awesome wrestling moves. The characters are clever and funny. I loved the story and can't wait to read the next instalment.' Read full review >
- George Johnson, age 7 - 'It was brilliant! I liked how Jack changed into Thud - I won't tell you what Thud is so I don't give away the story....I really liked the song and keep singing it.' Read full review >
- Richie Upchurch, age 7 - 'I really like wrestling trolls. I really like Robin the horse because he talks, Big Rock because he’s nice, Jack because he saves Princess Ava, and Princess Ava because she wrestles!' Read full review >
- Jack Galloway, age 8 - 'The story had funny parts, action and good characters. Some of my favourite parts were Jack turning into a wrestling troll and I liked Robin the horse because he was grumpy and helpful.' Read full review >
- Thomas Davies, age 7 - 'Wrestling Trolls is exciting because it is full of action. This book is fantastic if you like lots of wrestling and people being rescued from bad guys.' Read full review >
Hunk and Thud Wrestling Trolls: Match Two by Jim Eldridge
Jack is doing fantastically well as the Wrestling Trolls training coach, Big Rock is winning matches, and the group are on their way to more gold and tasty rocks than they can count. All Jack has to do is keep his alter-ego THUD! under control...Nothing ever goes smoothly for Jack and his friends though, especially after Milo is kidnapped by evil goblins determined to get their greedy hands on Big Rock's winnings! The wrestling crew know that they will have to be very quick and very clever if they want to rescue Milo, but the goblins have some horrible plans up their sleeves, including putting Robin on the menu for lunch!
In addition to the two stories within this second book there are also 8 colour pages of activities and furthermore if you go to www.wrestlingtrolls.com you can earn rewards too.
About the Author
Interest Age: From 5
More books by Jim Eldridge
Hot Key Books
5th June 2014
Hot Key Books is an imprint of Hot Key
Hot Key Books, a division of Bonnier Publishing, publish stand out, quality fiction, for 9 – 19 year olds, print and digital that people like to talk about. If you are looking for something a little bit different from your books, something a little bit special then Hot Key Books may well have just what you want.
It gives me a chance to read types of books that I would not normally try, and it motivates me to read every night to finish it!Alice Horncastle, age 14
I am so pleased to have signed my kids up as they are reading a much wider range of books and even choosing books out of their comfort zone.Angela East
We love Lovereading4kids because it promotes reading choices, new authors and a sense of community for children of all ages!Rachel Bridgeman
I have told all my friends, family & teachers to see for themselves just how great the site is. Without fail, they are hugely impressed.Alexander Boxall – age 11
A great way to introduce kids to great books, authors & genres. Parents can find age-appropriate books to share with their children.Judi Davies – Aberdare Girls Sch
Lovereading4kids is great, we get books really early never late. We love to read and review, and think you would like it too. The excitementJasmine Harris-Hart, age 12
We love Lovereading as my 5 year old loves to read new books before anyone else has a chance, she says it makes reading exciting!Tracey Chorley
We love Lovereading4kids because they put books in front of us we wouldn’t otherwise have read. They make us more adventurous readers!Emily Jacques