Precious and the Zebra Necklace A New Case for Precious Ramotswe
Written by Alexander Mccall Smith
Lovereading4kids Price £7.99
£9.99 saving £2.00 (20%)
when in stock
As soon as this book is back in stock we will send you an email.Compare book price We'd love you to buy your books from Lovereading - especially if we helped you to choose them! But as our mantra is guidance, and that includes guidance on price, please do use our 'Compare Book Price' service to discover if the best value deal is from Lovereading or another specialist bookstore.
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
The Lovereading4Kids comment
One of our Books of the Year 2015 Precious Ramotswe’s career as a detective began when she was just nine, long before she set up the Number 1 Ladies Detective Agency. Her early adventures are described in this lovely series for young readers. Precious really likes the new girl in her class but realises there’s some mystery in her life. She’s correct: Nancy has lost her mother. Precious agrees to help find her, though she knows that’s a big responsibility. Following clues takes the two little girls out into the countryside and some scary adventures before Nancy is successfully reunited with her family. Imbued with the warmth and charm that characterise McCall Smith’s writing this is perfectly pitched for young readers. The story is irresistible and McCall’s descriptions of Botswana so vivid that readers will feel they’ve been there. ~ Andrea Reece
Kids love to read and so in addition to our Lovereading expert opinion some of our Lovereading4kids Reader Review Panel were also lucky enough to read the first title in the series, Precious and the Monkeys. You can read their reviews below.
- Alexander Bisland, age 9 - 'Alexander McCall Smith is one of my favourite authors and I have read quite a few books written by him. Out of all his books this is my favourite.' Read full review >
- Charlie Swan, age 8 - 'The book is very well-illustrated. The pictures look like they have come to life. After I had read a few pages I just couldn’t stop reading it.' Read full review >
- Emily Lonsdale, age 8 - 'Great book, I love detective stories and I love animal stories and so this was a great book for me.' Read full review >
- Amelie Chatham, age 11 - 'Alexander McCall Smith has an amazing talent for story telling.' Read full review >
- Tomasz Hawryszczuk, age 9 - 'A really heartwarming story about an eight year old girl who has her own detective agency later on in life. This is her first case trying to discover who is pinching snacks. Can you guess who?' Read full review >
- Robyn Loveless, age 9 - 'A brilliant story about a young girl in Botswana called Precious Ramotswe and how she found out who was stealing things from her friends.' Read full review >
- Sam Harper, age 10 - 'A lovely story which has something to offer readers of all ages, this is a thoroughly enjoyable, gentle, gem of a book.' Read full review >
- Sophie Bridges, age 11 - 'This book is interesting but it is a bit young for my age.' Read full review >
- Brodie Greenslade, age 8 - 'A lovely, warm story of a girl called Precious and her first detective case.' Read full review >
- Katie Johnson, age 10 - 'Once I had turned the first page, I was finding it really tricky to stop reading!' Read full review >
- James & Alex, age 9 & 8 - 'A fun story about Precious the detective and all different characters in Botswana. We really wanted to know what happened in the mystery of the thief at the school.' Read full review >
- Olivia Faulkner, age 7 - 'I can't wait to read the next books about Precious, I know they are going to be great.' Read full review >
- Eloise Mae Clarkson, age 12 - 'I didn't put this book down once the whole time I was reading it. I would definitely recommend it. Five out of five stars.' Read full review >
Win a Beast Quest Goodie Bag!
To mark the 10th Birthday of The Beast Quest series we are giving away THREE goodie bags filled with Beast Quest treats including temporary tattoos, pens, a printed bag and books from the series!
To have a chance of winning one of these super prizes, click the button below. Please note that this draw is open only for UK residents and is free to enter, multiple entries from the same email address will only be counted once.
The draw closes on 29 May 2017. The winners will be notified by 5 June 2017.
Precious and the Zebra Necklace A New Case for Precious Ramotswe by Alexander Mccall Smith
Well before Precious Ramotswe founded her Number One Ladies' Detective Agency, as an eight-year-old girl she was already solving mysteries. Here, in this delightful, new, enchanting tale for children, we see how the young Precious became the crafty and intuitive private investigator we all know and love! Find out as Alexander McCall Smith tells the story of in another adventure featuring Precious Ramotswe.
About the Author
Alexander Mccall Smith
More books by Alexander Mccall Smith
Author's Facebook Latest
Polygon An Imprint of Birlinn Limited an imprint of Birlinn General
7th July 2015
It’s so easy to find the right book for your child. Such an easy-to-use, yet in-depth website. 100% reliable.Pippa, Jack, Liam & Matthew Wils
It’s a community united by a passion for books and promoting the best there is in children’s literature.Sam Bateman and family
We love Lovereading as my 5 year old loves to read new books before anyone else has a chance, she says it makes reading exciting!Tracey Chorley
LoveReading4Kids is a modern and creative way of emphasising the value and importance of books in this digital age #booksforlifeAmrit Bunet – Teen
It is fantastic, you get to read lots of books and you always find something new and amazing in them.Erica Motoc, age 7
I love all the books they recommend & put up for me to review. I also love the fact that they give new authors the chance to share their booDaisy Pennock – age 15
We love Lovereading4kids because they put books in front of us we wouldn’t otherwise have read. They make us more adventurous readers!Emily Jacques
I love Lovereading because I often never know what to read and this helps you find a good book. I have recommended this to many people.Shannon-Louise Masters – age 15