Head Over Heart
Written by Colette Victor
Lovereading4kids Price £5.59
£6.99 saving £1.40 (20%)
when in stock
As soon as this book is back in stock we will send you an email.Compare book price We'd love you to buy your books from Lovereading - especially if we helped you to choose them! But as our mantra is guidance, and that includes guidance on price, please do use our 'Compare Book Price' service to discover if the best value deal is from Lovereading or another specialist bookstore.
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
The Lovereading4Kids comment
July 2014 Debut of the Month Boys, homework and family – Zeynab has all the usual concerns of any girl her age. But Zeynab has another thing to think about which is perhaps most important of all. Does she want to live with the expectations of her Muslim family or does she want to be more like her friends at school? And can she be both? Zeynab – and her family – think that she can but how much negotiation will it take to get the balance right? Zeynab’s journey towards adulthood is kindly explored.
A Piece of Passion from Barry Cunningham, Publisher, Chicken House To be honest, I’m sometimes still scared of other cultures. When people look different, believe in different things and eat food I’ve never heard of, I worry they might feel the same about me, and we won’t have a good time. But Colette Victor’s cool story shows how friends can be really good at making all kinds of differences fit together, even if everything starts out scary – in the end we don’t have to be the same to get on really well!
Kids love to read and so in addition to our Lovereading expert review, some of our Lovereading4kids Reader Review Panel were also lucky enough to read and review this title.
- Jennifer Bridgeman, age 9 - 'A lovely coming of age tale balancing what is expected of you culturally and what you want.' Read full review >
Beth Honeyman, age 16 - 'A gripping page turner that I just could not put down. This book gave a great insight of what it is like to be torn between duty, honour and affairs of the heart.' Read full review >
- Sidney Greenslade - 'Head Over Heart is an excellent book – funny, easy-reading and thought-provoking. I would give it 5 stars!' Read full review >
- Charlotte Rosevear - 'This book is really good. I loved it!' Read full review >
- Ellen Faulkner, age 12 - 'I loved Head Over Heart and the themes of tolerance, respect and love.' Read full review >
- Lottie Kirk, age 12 - 'I really enjoyed this book and it opened a door to a whole new culture.' Read full review >
- Mia Coffman, age 11 - 'A book you can't put down...If you were to read this book, I am sure you would love it.' Read full review >
- Isabel Kardos-Stowe, age 10 - 'I found this book very interesting for it told you about how a young Muslim girl lives. I also thought that this book was very unique.' Read full review >
- Holly Carver, age 11 - 'a really deep and inspiring book that will make you really understand all the emotions and thoughts going through a Muslim girls mind. I love this book even though it made me cry!' Read full review >
Head Over Heart by Colette Victor
Zeyneb is like any other thirteen-year-old British girl, juggling the demands of her social life, school work and family. But as a Muslim girl attracted to a non-Muslim boy she has more difficult choices and one very big decision. Now a woman in the eyes of her religion, she must decide if she will wear a headscarf. Zeyneb wants to make the right choice, not just for her family or friends, but for herself.
About the Author
More books by Colette Victor
Chicken House Ltd
3rd July 2014
At @HHSHaringey we love @lovereading4kids because our pupils can practice reviewing & get free upcoming books before anyone else!Helen Swinyard – Heartlands High
I love Lovereading because I often never know what to read and this helps you find a good book. I have recommended this to many people.Shannon-Louise Masters – age 15
I am so pleased to have signed my kids up as they are reading a much wider range of books and even choosing books out of their comfort zone.Angela East
We love Lovereading4kids because they put books in front of us we wouldn’t otherwise have read. They make us more adventurous readers!Emily Jacques
LoveReading4Kids is a modern and creative way of emphasising the value and importance of books in this digital age #booksforlifeAmrit Bunet – Teen
This company is amazing; not only is it is a great opportunity to get books and review them but everyone is so friendly and supportive!Jemma Rubens, age 10
Lovereading is just a convenient way to find new books and hear others opinions on them.Sarah Murray – age 15
I love all the books they recommend & put up for me to review. I also love the fact that they give new authors the chance to share their booDaisy Pennock – age 15