Head Over Heart
Written by Colette Victor
Lovereading4kids Price £5.59
£6.99 saving £1.40 (20%)
when in stock
As soon as this book is back in stock we will send you an email.Compare book price We'd love you to buy your books from Lovereading - especially if we helped you to choose them! But as our mantra is guidance, and that includes guidance on price, please do use our 'Compare Book Price' service to discover if the best value deal is from Lovereading or another specialist bookstore.
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
The Lovereading4Kids comment
July 2014 Debut of the Month Boys, homework and family – Zeynab has all the usual concerns of any girl her age. But Zeynab has another thing to think about which is perhaps most important of all. Does she want to live with the expectations of her Muslim family or does she want to be more like her friends at school? And can she be both? Zeynab – and her family – think that she can but how much negotiation will it take to get the balance right? Zeynab’s journey towards adulthood is kindly explored.
A Piece of Passion from Barry Cunningham, Publisher, Chicken House To be honest, I’m sometimes still scared of other cultures. When people look different, believe in different things and eat food I’ve never heard of, I worry they might feel the same about me, and we won’t have a good time. But Colette Victor’s cool story shows how friends can be really good at making all kinds of differences fit together, even if everything starts out scary – in the end we don’t have to be the same to get on really well!
Kids love to read and so in addition to our Lovereading expert review, some of our Lovereading4kids Reader Review Panel were also lucky enough to read and review this title.
- Jennifer Bridgeman, age 9 - 'A lovely coming of age tale balancing what is expected of you culturally and what you want.' Read full review >
Beth Honeyman, age 16 - 'A gripping page turner that I just could not put down. This book gave a great insight of what it is like to be torn between duty, honour and affairs of the heart.' Read full review >
- Sidney Greenslade - 'Head Over Heart is an excellent book – funny, easy-reading and thought-provoking. I would give it 5 stars!' Read full review >
- Charlotte Rosevear - 'This book is really good. I loved it!' Read full review >
- Ellen Faulkner, age 12 - 'I loved Head Over Heart and the themes of tolerance, respect and love.' Read full review >
- Lottie Kirk, age 12 - 'I really enjoyed this book and it opened a door to a whole new culture.' Read full review >
- Mia Coffman, age 11 - 'A book you can't put down...If you were to read this book, I am sure you would love it.' Read full review >
- Isabel Kardos-Stowe, age 10 - 'I found this book very interesting for it told you about how a young Muslim girl lives. I also thought that this book was very unique.' Read full review >
- Holly Carver, age 11 - 'a really deep and inspiring book that will make you really understand all the emotions and thoughts going through a Muslim girls mind. I love this book even though it made me cry!' Read full review >
Head Over Heart by Colette Victor
Zeyneb is like any other thirteen-year-old British girl, juggling the demands of her social life, school work and family. But as a Muslim girl attracted to a non-Muslim boy she has more difficult choices and one very big decision. Now a woman in the eyes of her religion, she must decide if she will wear a headscarf. Zeyneb wants to make the right choice, not just for her family or friends, but for herself.
About the Author
More books by Colette Victor
Chicken House Ltd
3rd July 2014
Love “Lovereading4kids” as my son gets to hear about & read new books before his mates which keeps him interested in reading=a very happy MumLiz Evans
A great way to introduce kids to great books, authors & genres. Parents can find age-appropriate books to share with their children.Judi Davies – Aberdare Girls Sch
I love lovereading4kids because I’ve read amazing books I would never have picked up, and its opened doors to new genre’s I now love.Harriet Cunningham
I love ‘LoveReading 4 kids’ because they let you read and learn things you’d never dreamed of learning before.Emily Horncastle – age 11
We love Lovereading as my 5 year old loves to read new books before anyone else has a chance, she says it makes reading exciting!Tracey Chorley
I love all the books they recommend & put up for me to review. I also love the fact that they give new authors the chance to share their booDaisy Pennock – age 15
Lovereading4kids is great, we get books really early never late. We love to read and review, and think you would like it too. The excitementJasmine Harris-Hart, age 12
I think Lovereading4kids is an amazing company because of the friendly staff and the fabulous chance to read great books before publication.Adam Graham