Flora in Love
Written by Natasha Farrant
Lovereading4kids Price £5.59
£6.99 saving £1.40 (20%)
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
The Lovereading4Kids comment
A welcome return of the large, artistic and somewhat chaotic Gadsby family as they are charmingly and wittily observed by Bluebell Gadsby on video and in her diary. This time Bluebell turns her attention to falling in love. While Bluebell dithers over whether she is or isn’t going out with Jake, Flora falls head over heels in love with Zach and even Twig seems to be interested in a girlfriend. Meanwhile Jas is becoming a budding poet and Mum and Dad have a very big secret of their own. Natasha Farrant is exceptional at capturing the details of family life and the swirling emotions that surround them.
Teens love to read and so in addition to our Lovereading expert opinion some of our Lovereading4kids Reader Review Panel were also lucky enough to read and review this title.
- Lux Mackay, age 12 - 'Flora in Love is an amazing novel. It is sad, happy and has lots of mixed emotions. I would recommend this to girl’s aged 11+. Read full review >
- Imogen Breaks, age 11 - 'Flora in Love is a hilarious book that will make you laugh, cry and laugh until you cry! Being part of such a big family, Blue doesn't get noticed much, will her family put their problems aside to help her?' Read full review >
- Jodi Coffman, age 12 - 'I really enjoyed this book and found it easy to get into and couldn’t wait to read it to the end.'Read full review >
- Rose Heathcote, age 15 - 'I would highly recommend this book to teenage girls. Bluebell uses her diary to record her emotions and feeling on events going on around her because as a middle child she often feels ignored.' Read full review >
- Alice Horncastle, age 14 - 'I just adored the Gadsby family - they sprung into life on the page! It was also extremely funny and a heart warming story. I would highly recommend this book to all teenagers of ages 12 and up.' Read full review >
- Amy Laws, age 13 - 'I have to admit, I got a bit addicted to this book. Now I hope there's a third book in the series, I was left craving more!' Read full review >
- Rosie Cousins, age 14 - 'From the first word to the last I was indulged and intriged by this book and wouldn’t put it down for a moment.... It is a very memorable book that I certainly won’t ever forget.' Read full review >
- Ella hollingshead, age 13 - 'A fantastic read that really captures the readers attention in the way it is written. Bluebell Gadesby is one of four siblings, who likes to write diaries that capture everyday life in her household.' Read full review >
- Phoebe Allan, age 13 - 'Flora in Love is a beautiful book that really captures the essence of family life...Farrant writes in such a wonderful way, and I can't wait to read more of her material!' Read full review >
- Mary Murphy, age 14 - St. Colm’s High School - 'This is a fabulous book and I would love to read another one if it came out.' Read full review >
- Daisy Ingram, age 12 - 'This book is funny, sweet and it is one I can relate to. I have enjoyed reading about the crazy life of Bluebell Gadsby.' Read full review >
Flora in Love by Natasha Farrant
Just when Bluebell thought her crazy family were behaving normally, her parents make an announcement that could turn everything upside down. If only Zoran, their au pair, would come back to live with them. Unfortunately he's too busy teaching guitar to his new protege, Zachary Smith. Blue is jealous at first, until Zach starts helping her little sister with a secret project and becomes a regular visitor at the Gadsby house. Then Zach goes missing. Blue needs her family to pull together if they're going to find him...
About the Author
More books by Natasha Farrant
Author's Facebook Latest
Faber Children's Books an imprint of Faber & Faber
5th June 2014
LoveReading4Kids is a modern and creative way of emphasising the value and importance of books in this digital age #booksforlifeAmrit Bunet – Teen
I love Lovereading because I often never know what to read and this helps you find a good book. I have recommended this to many people.Shannon-Louise Masters – age 15
I think Lovereading4kids is an amazing company because of the friendly staff and the fabulous chance to read great books before publication.Adam Graham
I love ‘LoveReading 4 kids’ because they let you read and learn things you’d never dreamed of learning before.Emily Horncastle – age 11
We love Lovereading4kids because they put books in front of us we wouldn’t otherwise have read. They make us more adventurous readers!Emily Jacques
We love Lovereading as my 5 year old loves to read new books before anyone else has a chance, she says it makes reading exciting!Tracey Chorley
Love “Lovereading4kids” as my son gets to hear about & read new books before his mates which keeps him interested in reading=a very happy MumLiz Evans
It’s really exciting to read and review new books, thrilling to see my reviews online and I love finding the final published copies on sale.Sam Harper – age 10