Borgon the Axeboy and the Dangerous Breakfast
Written by Kjartan Poskitt
Illustrated by Philip Reeve
Lovereading4kids Price £4.79
£5.99 saving £1.20 (20%)
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
The Lovereading4Kids comment
July 2014 Book of the Month Be careful where you read this savagely funny new series for 8+ year olds as you'll struggle to contain yourself! From the author of Agatha Parrot, Kjartan Poskitt and with illustrations by the one and only Philip Reeve Borgon is full of action, adventure, dragons and axemen, the combination of which makes for a non-step frenzy of madness and mayhem. This series is set to have you rolling in the desert with laughter.
Kids love to read and so in addition to our Lovereading expert opinion some of our Lovereading4kids Reader Review Panel were also lucky enough to read and review this title. You can click here to read their full reviews.
- Isobel Jeffries, age 8 - 'Warning! This book contains axes! Heads might roll!'
- Emily Lonsdale, age 8 - 'This story is about a barbarian called Borgon who goes out in search of dangerous breakfast to impress his parents. I loved this story because I liked the main character who was a bit clumsy.'
- Brodie Greenslade, age 8 - 'Borgon the Axeboy and the Dangerous Breakfast is a great book filled with dragons, fun and danger!'
- Tomasz, age 9 - 'If you like fire breathing dragons and adventure stories with funny characters who make loud noises then you'll love this book.'
- Daniel Harrison, age 7 - 'I liked the book because of the pictures and the story.'
- Jessica Cobbin, age 7 - 'This is a really funny book...There are a lot of really disgusting bits in this book which I think would make the boys in my class laugh...I WOULD NOT eat custard made out of dragons' toenails!'
- Rohan Delamere, age 8 - 'This book is about a boy called Borgon who wants to go on an adventure to find the most dangerous breakfast ever but his annoying neighbour tags along.What will happen next?'
- Angelina Nisco, age 7 - 'My favourite character is Borgon, the hero of the story, because even though he is a barbarian who eats disgusting food and has an axe and wants to kill dragons for a dangerous breakfast, also he is really funny.'
- Tom Greenan, age 8 - 'You will definitely like this if you like books about adventure, heroes and dragons.'
- Isaac East age 8 - 'This is a really good book which is very funny and made me laugh. There is a mischievous girl who plays tricks on Borgon to get him into trouble.'
- Erica Motoc, age 7 - 'The book is full of adventure and very engaging, it makes you think what if one morning, one dangerous breakfast is waiting for you in the kitchen?'
- Jack Parkes, age 7 - 'This is a very funny story and I enjoyed reading it.'
Borgon the Axeboy and the Dangerous Breakfast by Kjartan Poskitt
Borgon the Axeboy is the last barbarian in the Lost Desert and he's on a mission to track down the most dangerous breakfast ever! He sets out to find the scariest dragon on the plains, but his annoying neighbour insists on tagging along. Grizzy is a little savage and far too nosey for her own good! But their adventure turns to peril when breakfast draws near. They'll have to learn to get along if they're ever going to survive...
About the Author
Interest Age: From 7
More books by Kjartan Poskitt
Faber Children's Books an imprint of Faber & Faber
3rd July 2014
Love “Lovereading4kids” as my son gets to hear about & read new books before his mates which keeps him interested in reading=a very happy MumLiz Evans
I love finding new books to read. My mummy and me look at the new ones coming out. I have written reviews of some of them!Jessica Cobbin – age 7
Lovereading is just a convenient way to find new books and hear others opinions on them.Sarah Murray – age 15
Lovereading4kids is great, we get books really early never late. We love to read and review, and think you would like it too. The excitementJasmine Harris-Hart, age 12
LoveReading4Kids is a modern and creative way of emphasising the value and importance of books in this digital age #booksforlifeAmrit Bunet – Teen
I am so pleased to have signed my kids up as they are reading a much wider range of books and even choosing books out of their comfort zone.Angela East
I think Lovereading4kids is an amazing company because of the friendly staff and the fabulous chance to read great books before publication.Adam Graham
A great way to introduce kids to great books, authors & genres. Parents can find age-appropriate books to share with their children.Judi Davies – Aberdare Girls Sch