Borgon the Axeboy and the Dangerous Breakfast
Written by Kjartan Poskitt
Illustrated by Philip Reeve
Lovereading4kids Price £4.79
£5.99 saving £1.20 (20%)
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
The Lovereading4Kids comment
July 2014 Book of the Month Be careful where you read this savagely funny new series for 8+ year olds as you'll struggle to contain yourself! From the author of Agatha Parrot, Kjartan Poskitt and with illustrations by the one and only Philip Reeve Borgon is full of action, adventure, dragons and axemen, the combination of which makes for a non-step frenzy of madness and mayhem. This series is set to have you rolling in the desert with laughter.
Kids love to read and so in addition to our Lovereading expert opinion some of our Lovereading4kids Reader Review Panel were also lucky enough to read and review this title. You can click here to read their full reviews.
- Isobel Jeffries, age 8 - 'Warning! This book contains axes! Heads might roll!'
- Emily Lonsdale, age 8 - 'This story is about a barbarian called Borgon who goes out in search of dangerous breakfast to impress his parents. I loved this story because I liked the main character who was a bit clumsy.'
- Brodie Greenslade, age 8 - 'Borgon the Axeboy and the Dangerous Breakfast is a great book filled with dragons, fun and danger!'
- Tomasz, age 9 - 'If you like fire breathing dragons and adventure stories with funny characters who make loud noises then you'll love this book.'
- Daniel Harrison, age 7 - 'I liked the book because of the pictures and the story.'
- Jessica Cobbin, age 7 - 'This is a really funny book...There are a lot of really disgusting bits in this book which I think would make the boys in my class laugh...I WOULD NOT eat custard made out of dragons' toenails!'
- Rohan Delamere, age 8 - 'This book is about a boy called Borgon who wants to go on an adventure to find the most dangerous breakfast ever but his annoying neighbour tags along.What will happen next?'
- Angelina Nisco, age 7 - 'My favourite character is Borgon, the hero of the story, because even though he is a barbarian who eats disgusting food and has an axe and wants to kill dragons for a dangerous breakfast, also he is really funny.'
- Tom Greenan, age 8 - 'You will definitely like this if you like books about adventure, heroes and dragons.'
- Isaac East age 8 - 'This is a really good book which is very funny and made me laugh. There is a mischievous girl who plays tricks on Borgon to get him into trouble.'
- Erica Motoc, age 7 - 'The book is full of adventure and very engaging, it makes you think what if one morning, one dangerous breakfast is waiting for you in the kitchen?'
- Jack Parkes, age 7 - 'This is a very funny story and I enjoyed reading it.'
Borgon the Axeboy and the Dangerous Breakfast by Kjartan Poskitt
Borgon the Axeboy is the last barbarian in the Lost Desert and he's on a mission to track down the most dangerous breakfast ever! He sets out to find the scariest dragon on the plains, but his annoying neighbour insists on tagging along. Grizzy is a little savage and far too nosey for her own good! But their adventure turns to peril when breakfast draws near. They'll have to learn to get along if they're ever going to survive...
About the Author
Interest Age: From 7
More books by Kjartan Poskitt
Faber Children's Books an imprint of Faber & Faber
3rd July 2014
I have told all my friends, family & teachers to see for themselves just how great the site is. Without fail, they are hugely impressed.Alexander Boxall – age 11
I love Lovereading because I often never know what to read and this helps you find a good book. I have recommended this to many people.Shannon-Louise Masters – age 15
I love ‘LoveReading 4 kids’ because they let you read and learn things you’d never dreamed of learning before.Emily Horncastle – age 11
It is fantastic, you get to read lots of books and you always find something new and amazing in them.Erica Motoc, age 7
I love lovereading4kids because I’ve read amazing books I would never have picked up, and its opened doors to new genre’s I now love.Harriet Cunningham
It’s so easy to find the right book for your child. Such an easy-to-use, yet in-depth website. 100% reliable.Pippa, Jack, Liam & Matthew Wils
Writing reviews help the children with their literacy skills and we always read the books together which gives us good quality family time!Cat Bisland (on behalf of the Bi
I think Lovereading4kids is an amazing company because of the friendly staff and the fabulous chance to read great books before publication.Adam Graham