With World Book Day upon us once again why not take the quiz below to find out how well you know your Children's books...
Many thanks to Ruth Ward Library & Resources Manager at Great Torrington School Torrington in Devon for sending through a brilliantly fiendish quiz for World Book Day she created for the pupils at her school where you have to guess the Children’s book and author by just the opening line.
Do have fun and do share.
It’s not easy - but fear not you can CLICK HERE to download a document with the whole quiz in a beautifully visual form and the answers.
‘Oh the Places You’ll Go’ Through the Pages of a Book! (Dr. Seuss)
Opening lines: Can you name the book and the author?
- ‘All children, except one, grows up.’
- ‘When I wake up, the other side of the bed is cold.’
- ‘In a hole in the ground there lived a .............’
- “Dad. He keeps saying it.”
- ‘Small Sam was playing in the car park behind Waitrose when the grown-ups took him.’
- ‘The first thing you find out when yer dog learns to talk is that dogs don’t got nothing much to say.’
- ‘................ discovered the door a little while after they moved into the house.’
- ‘The boat moved with a nauseous, relentless rhythm, like someone chewing a rotten tooth.’
- ‘We came on the wind of the carnival.’
- ‘Once I was living in an orphanage in the mountains and I shouldn’t have been and I almost caused a riot.’