The youngest winner of the Nobel Peace Prize, Malala Yousafzai, is amongst the authors featured on the 2016 Galaxy® Quick Reads title list.
Quick Reads celebrates its tenth anniversary in 2016 with a diverse collection of titles which will be sponsored by Galaxy® for a sixth year:
- Agatha Christie (edited by Sophie Hannah and John Curran) - The Double Clue: Poirot Short Stories
- Ann Cleeves - Too Good to be True
- Lucy Diamond - A Baby at the Beach Café
- Veronica Henry (editor) - The Anniversary: Ten Tempting Stories From Ten Bestselling Authors
- Andy McNab - On the Rock
- Malala Yousafzai with Christina Lamb - I Am Malala: The Girl Who Stood Up for Education and Was Shot by the Taliban (An Abridged Edition)
One in six adults in the UK struggles with reading, whilst one in three does not read for pleasure, and Quick Reads will next year continue its work to break down barriers to reading. Ninety-seven per cent of literacy practitioners report that using Quick Reads has been effective at raising learners' confidence to read, whilst 95% say that the books have been effective at improving readers' literacy skills.