Young Sherlock Holmes 1: Death Cloud
Written by Andrew Lane
Part of the Young Sherlock Holmes Series
Lovereading4kids Price £5.59
£6.99 saving £1.40 (20%)
when in stock
As soon as this book is back in stock we will send you an email.Compare book price We'd love you to buy your books from Lovereading - especially if we helped you to choose them! But as our mantra is guidance, and that includes guidance on price, please do use our 'Compare Book Price' service to discover if the best value deal is from Lovereading or another specialist bookstore.
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
The Lovereading4Kids comment
Two dead bodies. One unforgettable hero. The beginning of a legend. Followers of the young James Bond and junior spy Alex Rider will enjoy the adventures of school boy Sherlock Holmes who already shows many of the trademark skills that later make him a world renowned detective. Sent to live with chilly relatives in Holmes Manor for the school holiday, young Sherlock soon sets out to discover the truth behind two dead bodies. Following the trail leads him into the heart of London’s Dockland underworld where his exceptional observation skills help to defuse a deadly plot in an exciting and atmospheric adventure.
Kids love to read and so in addition to our Lovereading expert review, some of our Lovereading4kids Reader Review Panel were also lucky enough to read and review this title.
- Louis Desforges, age 13 - 'Interesting and exciting read which is a great introduction to the Young Sherlock Holmes series. I would recommend it to readers who enjoy action and adventure stories.' Read full review >
- Liam, age 12 - 'This book was very well written by a very good author who I was interested in. When I had finished reading it, I instantly needed to read the next book in the series.' Read full review >
- James Harrison, age 11 - 'I really hope a whole lot more of Young Sherlock books come out, so, all-in-all I say: 'Go Young Sherlock'!' Read full review >
- Benjy Randall, age 10 - 'A great all round adventure book, with lots of action. Will keep any young reader full entertained.' Read full review >
- Daisy Grundy, yr 7 - 'The book was set with mysteries which would all come together at an exciting climax which the ideas and questions would click together.' Read full review >
- Phoebe Allan, age 14 - 'This is a clever book that is full of suspense...His fearless journey is full of action and does not fail to amaze me in a way that only the incredible creation that is Sherlock Holmes can.' Read full review >
- Mukunth Kowsik, age 12 - 'This book is so good that you simply will not put it down. It is Sherlock Holmes made more easier to understand and to be enjoyed by teenagers.' Read full review >
- Elenie Williams, age 11 - 'Young Sherlock; Death Cloud is a gripping adventure story that is so tense it will make you not want to put it down. Why wouldn't you pick it up?' Read full review >
- Jenny Bridgeman, age 9 - 'Cracking thriller that re-introduces a classic character to a modern day audience!' Read full review >
- Ella Hollingshead, age 13 - 'Suspense, mystery, criminals, detectives- this book is packed full of such excitement. Set in an English town, Young Sherlock looks set to be an exciting series, I can't wait to read the next book!' Read full review >
- Jemma Rubens, age 10 - 'This book is the first in a six part series about young Sherlock Holmes. He is accompanied throughout by his tutor, his urchin friend and the tutor's daughter.' Read full review >
- Sam Harper, age 10 - 'a thrilling mystery, perfect for anyone who likes solving crimes...A great introduction to the worlds most famous detective.' Read full review >
- Rose Heathcote, age 15 - 'A real page turning fast-paced adventure story with plenty of action scenes and interesting characters. A must read for older teenagers who can keep up with a more complex story-line.' Read full review >
- Josh Hall, age 14 - 'Great plot...a book you will want to read again.' Read full review >
- Danielle Wild, age 12 of Thomas Cowley School - I really enjoyed this book as I like books that are interesting and exciting not just a basic story line.' Read full review >
- Callum Broomfield, age 9 - 'I would recommend buying this book, it is fast paced, in particular towards the end and is packed with vivid descriptions.' Read full review >
Young Sherlock Holmes 1: Death Cloud by Andrew Lane
The year is 1868, and Sherlock Holmes is fourteen. His life is that of a perfectly ordinary army officer's son: boarding school, good manners, a classical education - the backbone of the British Empire. But all that is about to change. With his father suddenly posted to India, and his mother mysteriously 'unwell', Sherlock is sent to stay with his eccentric uncle and aunt in their vast house in Hampshire. So begins a summer that leads Sherlock to uncover his first murder, a kidnap, corruption and a brilliantly sinister villain of exquisitely malign intent...
Death Cloud is the first in a series of novels in which the iconic detective is reimagined as a brilliant, troubled and engaging teenager - creating unputdownable detective adventures that remain true to the spirit of the original books.
Click here to visit the official Young Sherlock website.
About the Author
Interest Age: From 9
More books by Andrew Lane
Author's Facebook Latest
Macmillan Children's Books an imprint of Pan Macmillan
19th June 2014
LoveReading4Kids is a modern and creative way of emphasising the value and importance of books in this digital age #booksforlifeAmrit Bunet – Teen
I think Lovereading4kids is an amazing company because of the friendly staff and the fabulous chance to read great books before publication.Adam Graham
It gives me a chance to read types of books that I would not normally try, and it motivates me to read every night to finish it!Alice Horncastle, age 14
I have told all my friends, family & teachers to see for themselves just how great the site is. Without fail, they are hugely impressed.Alexander Boxall – age 11
We love Lovereading as my 5 year old loves to read new books before anyone else has a chance, she says it makes reading exciting!Tracey Chorley
I love all the books they recommend & put up for me to review. I also love the fact that they give new authors the chance to share their booDaisy Pennock – age 15
I love Lovereading4kids because I get an opportunity to put my opinion forward and to try new booksElosie Clarkson – age 11
We love Lovereading4kids because they put books in front of us we wouldn’t otherwise have read. They make us more adventurous readers!Emily Jacques