Wild Boy and the Black Terror
Written by Rob Lloyd Jones
Lovereading4kids Price £7.99
£9.99 saving £2.00 (20%)
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
The Lovereading4Kids comment
This is the second in a series of pacy mystery-adventure stories for 9+ readers, set in the seamy, smoggy underworld of Victorian London. Dripping with atmosphere and gothic gore, Wild Boy and the Black Terror will appeal to fans of Sherlock Holmes, gothic horror and all things murderous and mysterious. His debut Wild Boy was published to great acclaim, was widely reviewed and was longlisted for the prestigious CILIP Carnegie Medal.
Kids love to read and so in addition to our Lovereading expert opinion some of our Lovereading4kids Reader Review Panel were also lucky enough to read and review the first title in the series, Wild Boy. You can read their reviews below or click here to read the full reviews.
- Abbie Roberts, age 10 - 'Wild Boy is a wonderful book filled with adventure and mystery and with really great characters. I highly recommend that you read it!'
- Violet Mackintosh - 'I strongly recommend this book as a thrilling adventure mystery. Be careful once you have picked this book up - you will not be able to put it down before you finish!'
- Sam Harper, age 9 - 'If you like exciting adventures and mysteries I am sure that you will love the story of Wild Boy!'
- Khushi Gupta - 'I would give this book 9/10 because of its fantastic description, mystery and red herrings.'
- Ciaran Doyle, age 12 - 'Wild Boy is a brilliant book about a horrendous freak, covered in head to toe in hair, with large, scary, green eyes.'
Wild Boy and the Black Terror by Rob Lloyd Jones
A new sensation grips London - a poisoner who strikes without a trace, leaving victims mad with terror...and then dead. Is there a cure for the Black Terror? To find out, Wild Boy and Clarissa must catch the killer. Their hunt will lead them from the city's vilest slums to its grandest palaces, and to a darkness at the heart of its very highest society.
The story takes off like a rocket. The Times, Book of the Week
About the Author
Interest Age: From 9
Rob Lloyd Jones
More books by Rob Lloyd Jones
Walker Books Ltd
3rd July 2014
It has introduced my children to books we hadn’t come across before. Real children’s reviews gives a great insight into what others think toLorraine Woods
I love finding new books to read. My mummy and me look at the new ones coming out. I have written reviews of some of them!Jessica Cobbin – age 7
This company is amazing; not only is it is a great opportunity to get books and review them but everyone is so friendly and supportive!Jemma Rubens, age 10
I love Lovereading4kids because I get an opportunity to put my opinion forward and to try new booksElosie Clarkson – age 11
It’s a community united by a passion for books and promoting the best there is in children’s literature.Sam Bateman and family
We love Lovereading4kids because it promotes reading choices, new authors and a sense of community for children of all ages!Rachel Bridgeman
Lovereading4kids is great, we get books really early never late. We love to read and review, and think you would like it too. The excitementJasmine Harris-Hart, age 12
I have told all my friends, family & teachers to see for themselves just how great the site is. Without fail, they are hugely impressed.Alexander Boxall – age 11