Written by Rob Biddulph
Lovereading4kids Price £5.59
£6.99 saving £1.40 (20%)
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
The Lovereading4Kids comment
Winner of the 2015 Waterstones Children's Book Prize A brilliant adventure for a bold Penguin who gets swept up, up and away on a brand new kite on a windy day. Penguin’s original and richly-imagined adventure is beautifully told and wonderfully illustrated in this attractive and stimulating picture book. ~ Julia Eccleshare
Melissa Cox, head of children’s buying for Waterstones, said about Blown Away:”It is always challenging to judge picture books against pieces of fiction for older children, but choosing the overall winner from among the categories proved quite easy. The judges all agreed that Blown Away was a classic in the making and would live in the hearts and minds of children for years to come.”
Kids love to read and share books from an early age and so in addition to our Lovereading expert opinion some of the younger members of our Lovereading4kids Reader Review Panel were also lucky enough to read and review this title.
- Nicola Laverty and Ruby, age 5 - 'We loved the gentle rhyming text of this book and Ruby was very taken with Blue, the main character and his friends...A lovely book to share again and again.' Read full review >
- Alexander Reiff, age 3 - 'We loved it! If you love Oliver Jeffers, you'll love this. Great illustrations which add to the story line so well. Simple story but so much to talk about.' Read full review >
- Liam Hill, age 5 - 'I also really like the funny pictures in the book with the cheeky monkey hiding and Mr Snappy the crocodile ice cream man. The cheeky monkey is everywhere!' Read full review >
- George Reece, age 6 - 'Lovely heart warming story and wonderfully illustrated.' Read full review >
- Eleanor Haines, age 2 - 'A lovely tale about a penguin who has a new kite and gets blown away on an adventure, taking friends with him along the way...It was definitely a thumbs up from us!' Read full review >
Blown Away by Rob Biddulph
Come on an unexpected journey with a fearless blue penguin in the most captivating picture book debut of the year! Meet Penguin Blue! It's a windy day, and he has a brand new kite - but where's he going on this maiden flight? Penguin Blue and his friends go on a gloriously illustrated adventure full of good ideas, homesickness and the perils of kites, from the sparkling new talent Rob Biddulph.
'Joyful and uplifting. Superb.'
'Totally grrrrreat in every respect.'
'The rhyme is so skillful and pacey it could give the Gruffalo a run for its money.'
's Books Ireland Praise for Blown Away: 'Best children's book of the year.'
'[A] gem of a book ... Beautifully illustrated and wittily written.'
'This book is capital B Brilliant.'
'Told in captivating rhyme, with plenty of jokes sprinkled through the text and illustrations, Biddulph's tale is a travelling adventure.'
About the Author
Interest Age: From 3
More books by Rob Biddulph
Author's Facebook Latest
HarperCollins Children's Books an imprint of HarperCollins Publishers
29th January 2015
We love Lovereading4kids because they put books in front of us we wouldn’t otherwise have read. They make us more adventurous readers!Emily Jacques
Writing reviews help the children with their literacy skills and we always read the books together which gives us good quality family time!Cat Bisland (on behalf of the Bi
Lovereading is just a convenient way to find new books and hear others opinions on them.Sarah Murray – age 15
It has introduced my children to books we hadn’t come across before. Real children’s reviews gives a great insight into what others think toLorraine Woods
I love all the books they recommend & put up for me to review. I also love the fact that they give new authors the chance to share their booDaisy Pennock – age 15
It gives me a chance to read types of books that I would not normally try, and it motivates me to read every night to finish it!Alice Horncastle, age 14
I have told all my friends, family & teachers to see for themselves just how great the site is. Without fail, they are hugely impressed.Alexander Boxall – age 11
I love Lovereading as it provides an honest opinion and showcases a range of fiction. Suited to both parents & kids alike, it’s a must-use.Georgie Rowe – age 16