Written by Lou Morgan
Part of the Red Eye Series
Lovereading4kids Price £5.59
£6.99 saving £1.40 (20%)
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
The Lovereading4Kids comment
It is summer time at Clerkenwell and the pressure is on. At this school for the academically elite, failure is not an option and exams are looming. Rich, smart and manipulative Tigs supplies the group of friends with a tiny pill to help them study. Sure, their focus is great in the revision weeks and during the actual exams but how can they switch off? And why are they all feeling so haunted? What are they becoming? Gripping and chilling with a convincing group of teens at its heart, this will send shivers down the spines of all those who know what pressure is.
Teens love to read and so in addition to our Lovereading expert opinion some of our Lovereading4kids Reader Review Panel were also lucky enough to read and review this title. You can read their full reviews by clicking here.
- Amelia White, age 15 - 'Very mysterious and I will never take tablets off my friends!!!'
- Edel Waugh - 'It was very hard to put this down and I recommend this to everyone, but especially young adults who likes eerie, creepy books that will keep them up at night.'
- Khadijah Ahmed - 'Sleepless is a very unusual take on Horror - the plot is not like anything I've ever read in this genre before.'
- Louisa Cunliffe, age 18 - 'WARNING: Do not read after dark...Sleepless is a real page turner of a book and it has to be a must read for the New Year.'
- Ayesha, age 16 - 'Sleepless is a dark horror novel with some jumpy scenes. Although it started well, I found myself not really enjoying this novel.'
- Rose Heathcote, age 15 - 'It has a great story-line that keeps you gripped. If you get scared easily though, it’s not for you.'
- Melanie Chadwick - 'It was a bit slow to start with, but then get better as the tension built and more weird things started to happen. I was pleased that it didn’t come to a weak and disappointing ending like I had thought it would.'
- Madi Campbell, age 15 - 'Sleepless a thrilling novel which keeps you on the edge of your seat for the next horrifying line. The description makes you jump out of your skin at every single teeny weeny noise you hear.'
- Ella Grabsky, age 15 - 'I found this book extremely disturbing with a lot of unnecessary violence.'
- Charlotte Crisp, age 14 - 'Thrilling story that keeps you going from start to end. It's a story that will keep you up at night with fear and suspense.'
Sleepless by Lou Morgan
Young, rich and goodâ€looking, Izzy and her friends lead seemingly perfect lives. But exams
are looming – and at a school like Clerkenwell, failure is not an option. Luckily, Tigs has a
solution. A small pill that will make revision a breeze and help them get the results they
need. Desperate to succeed, the friends begin taking the study drug.
But as the side effects take hold they realize there are far worse things than failing a few
Sleepless is one in a new horror series for teens called Red Eye giving the gruesome and ghastly a contemporary makeover. Check out the brilliantly chilling novel Frozen Charlotte by Alex Bell, also from the Red Eye series.
...creepy, claustrophobic and pant-wettingly scary... Kim Curran, author of Shift
About the Author
Interest Age: From 13
More books by Lou Morgan
Author's Facebook Latest
Stripes Publishing an imprint of Little Tiger Press Group
5th January 2015
I love finding new books to read. My mummy and me look at the new ones coming out. I have written reviews of some of them!Jessica Cobbin – age 7
I love Lovereading because I often never know what to read and this helps you find a good book. I have recommended this to many people.Shannon-Louise Masters – age 15
I love lovereading4kids because I’ve read amazing books I would never have picked up, and its opened doors to new genre’s I now love.Harriet Cunningham
A great way to introduce kids to great books, authors & genres. Parents can find age-appropriate books to share with their children.Judi Davies – Aberdare Girls Sch
You give me age appropriate ideas of books I can read and buy for the children and find out what other children their age think of them too.Katie Lonsdale
I love all the books they recommend & put up for me to review. I also love the fact that they give new authors the chance to share their booDaisy Pennock – age 15
It’s a community united by a passion for books and promoting the best there is in children’s literature.Sam Bateman and family
It is THE website to use for narrowing down your search for any book. Definitely knocks the socks off any other book review website.Nickey and Tomasz Hawryszczuk