The Sin Eater's Daughter
Written by Melinda Salisbury
Part of the The Sin Eater's Daughter Series
Lovereading4kids Price £6.39
£7.99 saving £1.60 (20%)
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
The Lovereading4Kids comment
February 2015 Debut of the Month Like the very best fantasy, The Sin Eater’s Daughter creates a world that is both totally strange, and completely familiar. Twylla has been brought to the court of Lormere as the human embodiment of the daughter of the gods but in effect is little more than a slave to Queen Helewys, who rules her kingdom as a cruel, brutal tyrant. Indeed, Twylla is forced to work as executioner, fed a potion that makes her touch deadly. She is betrothed to the prince, but drawn to her bodyguard Leif. Torn between the two Twylla must regain control of her life and her body to survive. The fairy-tale background provides scope for memorable scenes of magic, while the court’s intrigues and the dangers to Twylla make this a taut thriller. ~ Andrea Reece
Teens love to read and so in addition to our Lovereading expert opinion some of our Lovereading4kids Reader Review Panel were also lucky enough to read and review this title. You can read their full reviews by clicking here.
- Natalie Hunter, age 13 - 'absolutely loved it. The myths and lore of the lands the book is set in are beautiful and interesting and the characters are wonderful.'
- Sarah Murray, age 16 - 'it was so different from anything I could have possibly imagined...I highly recommend this book.'
- Ella Hollingshead, age 13 - 'Such an exciting read, full of unexpected plot twists!'
- Monisah Ali, age 16 - 'The first book of a wonderful trilogy from Melinda Salisbury will leave you breathless. The storyline hits you when you least expect it to. Utterly brilliant.'
- Izzy Read, age 14 - 'This book was very clever as not only did it have the Disney Princess idea of being trapped in a tower but it had the behind the scenes pawn sacrificing Game of Thrones angle to it to.'
- Stacie Ball - 'The Sin Eaters Daughter was one my most anticipated reads of 2015 and boy did the book deliver. Action, tick. Likeable characters and brilliant world building, tick. Get ready to be hooked!'
- Eloise Mae Clarkson - 'This book was brilliant, it contained action and adventure fantasy and a little bit of romance.'
- Farah Alam - 'I absolutely loved this book! . I really couldn't put it down and found myself needing to finish it.'
- Sophia Ufton - 'Wow, I at first thought I couldn't read this book but I'm glad I did! It was amazing!'
- Raimy Greenland - 'I was sucked in from the first few chapters and always wondered where the story was going.'
- Ella Grabsky, age 15 - 'This dystopian novel is a good read. There were some very interesting ideas and plot twists. However I don't think it was original enough to beat the likes of Hunger Games or Divergent.'
The Sin Eater's Daughter by Melinda Salisbury
Seventeen-year-old Twylla lives in the castle. But although she's engaged to the prince, Twylla isn't exactly a member of the court. She's the executioner.
As the Goddess embodied, Twylla instantly kills anyone she touches. Each month she's taken to the prison and forced to lay her hands on those accused of treason. No one will ever love a girl with murder in her veins. Even the prince, whose royal blood supposedly makes him immune to Twylla's fatal touch, avoids her company. But then a new guard arrives, a boy whose easy smile belies his deadly swordsmanship. And unlike the others, he's able to look past Twylla's executioner robes and see the girl, not the Goddess.
Yet Twylla's been promised to the prince, and knows what happens to people who cross the queen. However, a treasonous secret is the least of Twylla's problems. The queen has a plan to destroy her enemies, a plan that requires a stomach-churning, unthinkable sacrifice. Will Twylla do what it takes to protect her kingdom? Or will she abandon her duty in favor of a doomed love?
About the Author
More books by Melinda Salisbury
5th March 2015
I love ‘LoveReading 4 kids’ because they let you read and learn things you’d never dreamed of learning before.Emily Horncastle – age 11
Lovereading is just a convenient way to find new books and hear others opinions on them.Sarah Murray – age 15
This company is amazing; not only is it is a great opportunity to get books and review them but everyone is so friendly and supportive!Jemma Rubens, age 10
It is THE website to use for narrowing down your search for any book. Definitely knocks the socks off any other book review website.Nickey and Tomasz Hawryszczuk
It gives me a chance to read types of books that I would not normally try, and it motivates me to read every night to finish it!Alice Horncastle, age 14
It’s really exciting to read and review new books, thrilling to see my reviews online and I love finding the final published copies on sale.Sam Harper – age 10
You give me age appropriate ideas of books I can read and buy for the children and find out what other children their age think of them too.Katie Lonsdale
A great way to introduce kids to great books, authors & genres. Parents can find age-appropriate books to share with their children.Judi Davies – Aberdare Girls Sch