Written by Pseudonymous Bosch
Part of the The Bad Books Series
Lovereading4kids Price £5.59
£6.99 saving £1.40 (20%)
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
The Lovereading4Kids comment
Fans of Lemony Snicket will feel themselves in good authorial hands with Pseudonymous Bosch. Dire warnings about calamities to come, knowing asides, footnotes and appendices abound, giving the book a distinct feel and putting the reader on the inside of the jokes. Its hero Clay is struggling to cope with the disappearance of his stage-magician brother Max-Ernest (of Bosch’s best-selling Secrets series) when an unfortunate case of wrongly-attributed graffiti lands him in trouble at school. Sent to Earth Ranch, a camp to help children ‘outgrow problem behaviours’ set on a desert island, complete with volcano, things get mysteriouser and mysteriouser. What are his fellow camp inmates up to, can the island really be haunted, and what’s the secret of the burned out buildings at the island’s heart? Readers will want to find out, and there are plenty of surprises along the way. ~ Andrea Reece
Kids love to read and so in addition to our Lovereading expert opinion some of our Lovereading4kids Reader Review Panel were also lucky enough to read and review this title. You can read their reviews here.
- Rose Hopkins, age 9 - 'Never a dull moment in this book. Constant adventure, a reasonable amount of fantasy and an element of mystery, just the way I like it.'
- Charlotte Cassidy, age 9 - 'An adventurous page-turner of a book...I would mark this book a definite 10 because I couldn’t put it down once I started it. It was chilling one moment and exciting the next.'
- Fiona Sutherland, age 11 - 'Bad Magic is a very gripping book and if you liked his Secret Series you would like this too. It is filled with jokes and odd language I would recommend it to anyone who likes the Harry Potter Series.'
- Lola Frary, age 11 - 'Bad Magic is weird, well written and funny. I recommend it.'
- Sam Harper, age 11 - 'Full of totally unexpected twists and turns, brilliantly original, crazy and very weird (but in a good way!).'
- Lucy Minton, age 11 - 'Bad Magic is a brilliant book.'
- Chloe Mcilroy, age 14 - 'This is the first book in a new series. If you loved the other books then you will enjoy this. It is witty, funny and scary at the same time.'
- Heather Greenan, age 11 - 'This is an exciting story full of mystery and adventure. I would recommend it as a great read.'
- Isaac East, age 8 - 'This book is really very good. It's got humor, adventure, magic and a lot of fun!'
- Daisy, age 13 - 'I would rate this book 4.5/5 and I would recommend it to anyone who has read the Secret series, or who likes mystery.'
- Rachel Ilsley, age 12 - 'I thought this book was amazing; I love the plot...I have read all of Pseudonymous Bosch’s books, they were really good but I think this is the best. So far!'
- Sarankan, age 11 - 'This book is very interesting and hilarious and suitable for all ages I rate this 10/10.'
- Lily Fry, age 12 - 'Bad Magic is about a boy called Clay, who is blamed for vandalizing his school and is sent to a summer camp on a mysterious island...'
Bad Magic by Pseudonymous Bosch
This book is incredibly BAD. It does not contain MAGIC. Or a strange ghost girl. Or spontaneous combustion. Or Spanish-speaking llamas. It's just an ordinary tale of a boy going to summer camp on a desert island. Nothing EXCITING or WEIRD happens and there are no SECRETS or MYSTERIES at all. (Or maybe there are. You'd better read it to find out.)
A brand-new series from New-York-Times bestselling (and intriguingly secretive) author Pseudonymous Bosch.
About the Author
Interest Age: 10+
More books by Pseudonymous Bosch
Usborne Publishing Ltd
1st February 2015
We love Lovereading4kids because they put books in front of us we wouldn’t otherwise have read. They make us more adventurous readers!Emily Jacques
It’s really exciting to read and review new books, thrilling to see my reviews online and I love finding the final published copies on sale.Sam Harper – age 10
I love ‘LoveReading 4 kids’ because they let you read and learn things you’d never dreamed of learning before.Emily Horncastle – age 11
I love Lovereading because I often never know what to read and this helps you find a good book. I have recommended this to many people.Shannon-Louise Masters – age 15
I think Lovereading4kids is an amazing company because of the friendly staff and the fabulous chance to read great books before publication.Adam Graham
You give me age appropriate ideas of books I can read and buy for the children and find out what other children their age think of them too.Katie Lonsdale
I am so pleased to have signed my kids up as they are reading a much wider range of books and even choosing books out of their comfort zone.Angela East
It’s so easy to find the right book for your child. Such an easy-to-use, yet in-depth website. 100% reliable.Pippa, Jack, Liam & Matthew Wils