Middle School: Save Rafe (Middle School 6)
Written by James Patterson
Part of the Middle School Series Series
Lovereading4kids Price £7.99
£9.99 saving £2.00 (20%)
when in stock
As soon as this book is back in stock we will send you an email.Compare book price We'd love you to buy your books from Lovereading - especially if we helped you to choose them! But as our mantra is guidance, and that includes guidance on price, please do use our 'Compare Book Price' service to discover if the best value deal is from Lovereading or another specialist bookstore.
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
The Lovereading4Kids comment
Save Rafe! gives struggling middle school student Rafe Khatchadorian another chance to prove himself. In this adventure he is spending a week on an outdoor survival expedition in order to be accepted back into Hills Village Middle School – the pressure is on because if things don’t go well he’ll be held back a year. Rafe is a great character, funny, bright, full of good intentions, and lots of readers will identify with him. James Patterson knows all about constructing satisfying, page-turning stories and even the most reluctant reader will be gripped and entertained by Rafe’s travails in this story. Once again, there are plentiful black and white illustrations by Laura Park which complement Rafe’s adventures perfectly. ~ Andrea Reece
Kids love to read and so in addition to our Lovereading expert opinion some of our Lovereading4kids Reader Review Panel were also lucky enough to read and review this title.
- Cameron Lobban, age 9 - 'Escape school and run away for an adventure with Rafe!' Read full review >
- Malachi Knowles, age 8 - 'This book is really funny, the challenges are life threatening and exciting to read.' Read full review >
- Toby Slocombe, age 11 - 'Middle School: Save Rafe is a fabulous book. Its story line makes you want to turn each page.' Read full review >
- Alexander Bisland, age 9 - 'I enjoyed this book it is funny and it is easy to read. Being an artist, I like the pictures! Read full review >
- Daisy Theobald, age 12 - 'This book was really gripping. I really liked Rafe and I began to think of him as one of my friends.' Read full review >
- Sam Harper, age 11 - 'A really, really, really funny book stuffed full of fantastic cartoons and illustrations. I loved it so much.' Read full review >
- Georgie Docwra, age 9 - 'One of the funniest books that I have read! This book is for both boys and girls as there are lots of boy and girl characters in it.' Read full review >
- Isaac Phelan, age 10 - 'I thoroughly recommend this book to ages 9+, it's well written and hilarious! I'm sure that anyone who enjoyed James Patterson’s other books will adore this one just as much.' Read full review >
- Oscar Smith, age 7 - 'Patterson's best book yet...I really enjoyed this book, it made me laugh out loud and I wanted to read it all of the time.' Read full review >
- Tomasz Hawryszczuk, age 9 - 'I really liked this book, I think it's the best ‘Middle School’ book I have read (and I have read all the others)!' Read full review >
- Joseph Kinder, age 10 - 'I loved this book because it was gripping. It has brilliant pictures, and while it may contain some tricky vocabulary, it is still an easy book to read.' Read full review >
- Rose Hopkins, age 9 - 'This book was a quick, light-hearted, enjoyable read. The story was fun and fast and the pictures were lovely. I really enjoy diaries - I could imagine the story actually happening.' Read full review >
- Danny Belton, age 9 - 'I mostly liked this book because of the great story line behind it all.' Read full review >
- Charlotte Rosevear - 'Save Rafe is the most amazing book.' Read full review >
- Ella Hewitt, age 12 - 'This hilarious book by James Patterson shows the ins and outs of going back to school.' Read full review >
Middle School: Save Rafe (Middle School 6) by James Patterson
After a rough summer, Rafe is heading back to the dreaded Hills Village Middle School, the site of the very worst years of his life. And as if that's not bad enough, Rafe's learned that he's going to be held back a year unless he can prove himself on an outdoor survival excursion - complete with dangerous white-water rafting, dizzying rock climbing and military style counsellors. Rafe and the rest of the pack of 'delinquent' trainees are forced to cooperate as they prepare for the final test: a solo excursion in the deep woods. Can Rafe come out of the experience in one piece? And if he does, will anyone recognise him as the kid they once knew?
Find lots of news and fun activities on the Middle School books here.
Praise for the Middle School series:
“An excellent read” The Guardian Children’s Website on Middle School: Lost in London
“A great pick for reluctant readers” Amazon.co.uk reviewer on Middle School: Ultimate Showdown
“Middle School is my favourite set of books” Amazon.co.uk reviewer on Middle School: How I Survived Bullies, Broccoli and Snake Hill
About the Author
Interest Age: From 9 from 9 to 11 To 11
More books by James Patterson
Author's Facebook Latest
Arrow (Young) an imprint of Cornerstone
9th October 2014
Writing reviews help the children with their literacy skills and we always read the books together which gives us good quality family time!Cat Bisland (on behalf of the Bi
We love Lovereading4kids because they put books in front of us we wouldn’t otherwise have read. They make us more adventurous readers!Emily Jacques
It’s so easy to find the right book for your child. Such an easy-to-use, yet in-depth website. 100% reliable.Pippa, Jack, Liam & Matthew Wils
We love Lovereading as my 5 year old loves to read new books before anyone else has a chance, she says it makes reading exciting!Tracey Chorley
You give me age appropriate ideas of books I can read and buy for the children and find out what other children their age think of them too.Katie Lonsdale
I love Lovereading because I often never know what to read and this helps you find a good book. I have recommended this to many people.Shannon-Louise Masters – age 15
Lovereading is just a convenient way to find new books and hear others opinions on them.Sarah Murray – age 15
I am so pleased to have signed my kids up as they are reading a much wider range of books and even choosing books out of their comfort zone.Angela East