Middle School: Save Rafe (Middle School 6)
Written by James Patterson
Part of the Middle School Series Series
Lovereading4kids Price £7.99
£9.99 saving £2.00 (20%)
when in stock
As soon as this book is back in stock we will send you an email.Compare book price We'd love you to buy your books from Lovereading - especially if we helped you to choose them! But as our mantra is guidance, and that includes guidance on price, please do use our 'Compare Book Price' service to discover if the best value deal is from Lovereading or another specialist bookstore.
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
The Lovereading4Kids comment
Save Rafe! gives struggling middle school student Rafe Khatchadorian another chance to prove himself. In this adventure he is spending a week on an outdoor survival expedition in order to be accepted back into Hills Village Middle School – the pressure is on because if things don’t go well he’ll be held back a year. Rafe is a great character, funny, bright, full of good intentions, and lots of readers will identify with him. James Patterson knows all about constructing satisfying, page-turning stories and even the most reluctant reader will be gripped and entertained by Rafe’s travails in this story. Once again, there are plentiful black and white illustrations by Laura Park which complement Rafe’s adventures perfectly. ~ Andrea Reece
Kids love to read and so in addition to our Lovereading expert opinion some of our Lovereading4kids Reader Review Panel were also lucky enough to read and review this title.
- Cameron Lobban, age 9 - 'Escape school and run away for an adventure with Rafe!' Read full review >
- Malachi Knowles, age 8 - 'This book is really funny, the challenges are life threatening and exciting to read.' Read full review >
- Toby Slocombe, age 11 - 'Middle School: Save Rafe is a fabulous book. Its story line makes you want to turn each page.' Read full review >
- Alexander Bisland, age 9 - 'I enjoyed this book it is funny and it is easy to read. Being an artist, I like the pictures! Read full review >
- Daisy Theobald, age 12 - 'This book was really gripping. I really liked Rafe and I began to think of him as one of my friends.' Read full review >
- Sam Harper, age 11 - 'A really, really, really funny book stuffed full of fantastic cartoons and illustrations. I loved it so much.' Read full review >
- Georgie Docwra, age 9 - 'One of the funniest books that I have read! This book is for both boys and girls as there are lots of boy and girl characters in it.' Read full review >
- Isaac Phelan, age 10 - 'I thoroughly recommend this book to ages 9+, it's well written and hilarious! I'm sure that anyone who enjoyed James Patterson’s other books will adore this one just as much.' Read full review >
- Oscar Smith, age 7 - 'Patterson's best book yet...I really enjoyed this book, it made me laugh out loud and I wanted to read it all of the time.' Read full review >
- Tomasz Hawryszczuk, age 9 - 'I really liked this book, I think it's the best ‘Middle School’ book I have read (and I have read all the others)!' Read full review >
- Joseph Kinder, age 10 - 'I loved this book because it was gripping. It has brilliant pictures, and while it may contain some tricky vocabulary, it is still an easy book to read.' Read full review >
- Rose Hopkins, age 9 - 'This book was a quick, light-hearted, enjoyable read. The story was fun and fast and the pictures were lovely. I really enjoy diaries - I could imagine the story actually happening.' Read full review >
- Danny Belton, age 9 - 'I mostly liked this book because of the great story line behind it all.' Read full review >
- Charlotte Rosevear - 'Save Rafe is the most amazing book.' Read full review >
- Ella Hewitt, age 12 - 'This hilarious book by James Patterson shows the ins and outs of going back to school.' Read full review >
Win a Middle School Goody Bag!
Middle School: The Worst Days of My Life has had the Hollywood treatment and is now available as a movie on Netflicks! To mark Rafe Khatchadorian's celebrity rise we are giving away THREE fantastic goody bags fillled with Middle School treats including a rucksack, pencil, notepad and ruler as well as a copy of The Worst Days of My Life paperback!
To have a chance of winning one of these super prizes, click the button below. Please note that this draw is open only for UK residents and is free to enter, multiple entries from the same email address will only be counted once.
The draw closes on 3 April 2017. The winners will be notified by 17 April 2017.
Middle School: Save Rafe (Middle School 6) by James Patterson
After a rough summer, Rafe is heading back to the dreaded Hills Village Middle School, the site of the very worst years of his life. And as if that's not bad enough, Rafe's learned that he's going to be held back a year unless he can prove himself on an outdoor survival excursion - complete with dangerous white-water rafting, dizzying rock climbing and military style counsellors. Rafe and the rest of the pack of 'delinquent' trainees are forced to cooperate as they prepare for the final test: a solo excursion in the deep woods. Can Rafe come out of the experience in one piece? And if he does, will anyone recognise him as the kid they once knew?
Find lots of news and fun activities on the Middle School books here.
Praise for the Middle School series:
“An excellent read” The Guardian Children’s Website on Middle School: Lost in London
“A great pick for reluctant readers” Amazon.co.uk reviewer on Middle School: Ultimate Showdown
“Middle School is my favourite set of books” Amazon.co.uk reviewer on Middle School: How I Survived Bullies, Broccoli and Snake Hill
About the Author
Interest Age: From 9 from 9 to 11 To 11
More books by James Patterson
Author's Facebook Latest
Arrow (Young) an imprint of Cornerstone
9th October 2014
I love all the books they recommend & put up for me to review. I also love the fact that they give new authors the chance to share their booDaisy Pennock – age 15
It’s so easy to find the right book for your child. Such an easy-to-use, yet in-depth website. 100% reliable.Pippa, Jack, Liam & Matthew Wils
We love Lovereading as my 5 year old loves to read new books before anyone else has a chance, she says it makes reading exciting!Tracey Chorley
I love finding new books to read. My mummy and me look at the new ones coming out. I have written reviews of some of them!Jessica Cobbin – age 7
It has introduced my children to books we hadn’t come across before. Real children’s reviews gives a great insight into what others think toLorraine Woods
Lovereading4kids is great, we get books really early never late. We love to read and review, and think you would like it too. The excitementJasmine Harris-Hart, age 12
I love Lovereading4kids because I get an opportunity to put my opinion forward and to try new booksElosie Clarkson – age 11
I love Lovereading as it provides an honest opinion and showcases a range of fiction. Suited to both parents & kids alike, it’s a must-use.Georgie Rowe – age 16