The Sky Is Everywhere
Written by Jandy Nelson
Lovereading4kids Price £6.39
£7.99 saving £1.60 (20%)
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
The Lovereading4Kids comment
Zoella Book Club title Summer 16 | A Reader Review Panel Pick of the Year 2015 - chosen by Ayesha Ali, aged 18 This is a debut novel that once read will never be forgotten. It's a vibrant, deeply romantic novel that will bring tears to your eyes but it will also bring laughter through the tears! It's also funny, sexy and deeply meaningful. This is the perfect book to share, between mothers and daughters, or amongst friends. Whatever your age, The Sky is Everywhere will touch your heart and stay with you always.
A Piece of Passion from the Publisher: Probably the most beautiful book to be published. A stunning debut novel that will speak to women everywhere, from teenagers to thirty-somethings. The story is moving yet funny, the characters are memorable and engaging, and the book itself is uniquely designed with full colour throughout with a flexi cover and elastic bookmarker. For teens this is a story of first love and family life, for older readers it is a nostalgic celebration of dreams, love and sisterhood.
Teens love to read and so in addition to our Lovereading expert opinion some of our Lovereading4kids Reader Review Panel were also lucky enough to read and review this title.
- Millie, aged 14 - 'The book is an emotional rollercoaster. Literally laughing one second and crying the next. Throughout the book there are things that anyone can relate to which makes it even more exciting for the reader.' Read full review >
- Farah Alam, aged 19 - 'I really enjoyed this book and, found myself finishing it in one sitting...I especially love the notes that you get to read that Lennie leaves around her town.' Read full review >
- Ayesha Hall, aged 14 - 'The Sky is Everywhere is an amazing, inspirational book. Powerful yet innovating! Amazing book.' Read full review >
- Jade Craddock -'It is a very ambitious novel and to some extent I didn’t feel that it reached the dizzying heights it deserved, but overall this is a solid 4 out of 5 stars'. Read full review >
- Izzy Read, aged 14 - 'Overall it was a great and different novel to read and I would advise every dreamy teenager to read it.' Read full review >
- Ella Grabsky, aged 15 - 'Despite dealing with a dark topic, this books manages to remain light and romantic. It was a novel that ended with you feeling satisfied.' Read full review >
- Lauren Coffman, age 15 - 'This book was enjoyable and a real page turner.'
- Ayesha, age 17 - 'The novel was a work of art. From the writing to the palpability of the characters, to the love triangle, everything was just perfect.' Read full review >
- Sarah Murray, age 16 - 'Heartbreaking and emotional this book had me in tears and then had me in stitches. I highly recommend this book 5/5 stars. Read full review >
The Sky Is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson
For fans of John Green, David Levithan and Rainbow Rowell: a beautiful, funny and heartfelt novel about love and forgiveness.
Seventeen-year-old Lennie Walker spends her time tucked safely and happily in the shadow of her fiery older sister, Bailey. But when Bailey dies abruptly, Lennie is catapulted to centre stage of her own life - and suddenly finds herself struggling to balance two boys. One boy takes Lennie out of her sorrow; the other comforts her in it. But the two can't collide without Lennie's world exploding...
Praise for The Sky is Everywhere:
"Okay, I admit it. I've got a huge crush on this book - it's beautiful, brilliant, passionate, funny, sexy and deep. Come to think of it, I might even want to marry this book..." - Sonya Sones.
"WOW. I sobbed my eyes out and then laughed through the tears. I have not fallen in love with a story and its characters like this in a long time. Stunning, heartbreaking, hilarious. A story that shakes the Earth." - An Na, Printz Award Winner and National Book Award Finalist.
"The Sky is Everywhere is the kind of book you don't just read, you live. From the very first page, I fell deeply in love with its wonderfully kooky characters. In quiet moments I can still hear Lennie's funny, poignant voice whispering in my ear. A remarkable debut. Wish I'd written it !" - Sarah Webb, Irish Independent and author of the Amy Green series.
About the Author
Interest Age: From 14
More books by Jandy Nelson
Author's Facebook Latest
Walker Books Ltd
5th February 2015
I am so pleased to have signed my kids up as they are reading a much wider range of books and even choosing books out of their comfort zone.Angela East
At @HHSHaringey we love @lovereading4kids because our pupils can practice reviewing & get free upcoming books before anyone else!Helen Swinyard – Heartlands High
I love ‘LoveReading 4 kids’ because they let you read and learn things you’d never dreamed of learning before.Emily Horncastle – age 11
We love Lovereading4kids because they put books in front of us we wouldn’t otherwise have read. They make us more adventurous readers!Emily Jacques
I love Lovereading4kids because I get an opportunity to put my opinion forward and to try new booksElosie Clarkson – age 11
It’s so easy to find the right book for your child. Such an easy-to-use, yet in-depth website. 100% reliable.Pippa, Jack, Liam & Matthew Wils
It’s really exciting to read and review new books, thrilling to see my reviews online and I love finding the final published copies on sale.Sam Harper – age 10
I love Lovereading because I often never know what to read and this helps you find a good book. I have recommended this to many people.Shannon-Louise Masters – age 15