The Tapper Twins Go to War (with Each Other)
Written by Geoff Rodkey
Part of the The Tapper Twins Series
Lovereading4kids Price £7.99
£9.99 saving £2.00 (20%)
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
The Lovereading4Kids comment
This story of the war between twins Claudia and Rees will strike a chord with anyone who’s got a sibling. It all starts at school when Rees exposes his sister to mass humiliation in the canteen, at least that’s what Claudia thinks, and she has the advantage because she’s writing the story. Rees attributes it to an earlier pop-tart row. Either way, hostilities are declared. Claudia’s narrative is interrupted by comments and scribbled notes from Rees, and interspersed with online conversations with friends, and even text exchanges between their parents. Like watching two friends fighting, it’s simultaneously horrible and fascinating. Things get out of hand when the fight moves onto social media and there’s a surprise come-uppance for Claudia, definitely the more ruthless of the two. No matter whose side readers are on, they’ll be relieved that the twins are reconciled at the end. This is a fun, very readable story, with a fair few life-lessons hidden beneath all the commotion. ~ Andrea Reece
Kids love to read and so in addition to our Lovereading expert opinion some of our Lovereading4kids Reader Review Panel were also lucky enough to read and review this title.
- Kelise Brown-Morgan, age 8 - 'The book has got pictures but not like a normal picture book! It has photos and pictures of emails and text messages. I think it is great!' Read full review >
- Olivia Faulkner, age 8 - 'The Tapper Twins Go To War (With Each Other) by Geoff Rodkey is good overall...Personally I think that Geoff Rodkey is a very good author...' Read full review >
- Alex Crisp, age 9 - 'It's so funny that my older sister wants to read it too, even though she has a big list of other books to read.' Read full review >
- Isabelle Stevens, age 7 - 'It made me laugh out loud. I like the way the book is written like a script. So the story moves on really fast.' Read full review >
- Alexander Bisland, age 9 - 'DO NOT DO THE THINGS THAT THEY DO IN THIS BOOK BECAUSE YOU MIGHT GET A CRIMINAL RECORD OR WORSE!' Read full review >
- Sam Harper, age 11 - 'The twins find really inventive ways to get back at each other and this created a very original comedy which made me laugh out loud.' Read full review >
- Cameron Lobban, age 9 - 'I read this book in 2 days as I could not put it down.' Read full review >
- Georgie Docwra, age 9 - 'One of my top ten favourite books!! I really enjoyed this book because I like the way it is written like a play script using all the characters voices.' Read full review >
- Alina Wraith, age 9 - 'I thought this was a great book by Geoff Rodkey and would like to read more by him.' Read full review >
- Alexander Butler, age 10 - 'This is an extremely funny story about the relationship - well, war between a brother and sister that anyone with a sibling will love!' Read full review >
Win a SIGNED hardback copy of Ottoline and the Purple Fox!
We are giving away 3 signed hardback copies of the fourth Ottoline adventure written and illustrated by Chris Riddell, Ottoline and the Purple Fox.
To have a chance of winning one of these great prizes, click the button below. Please note that this draw is open only for UK residents and is free to enter, multiple entries from the same email address will only be counted once.
Draw closes on 5 December 2016. The winners will be notified by 16 December 2016 and you should have your prize in time for Christmas!
The Tapper Twins Go to War (with Each Other) by Geoff Rodkey
Wars are terrible things. I know this because I've read about a lot of them on Wikipedia. And also because I was just in one. It was me against my brother, Reese. That might not sound like a war to you. Trust me. It was.
This is the oral history of the terrible war between twins, Reese and Claudia Tapper. It began with a cruel and senseless sneak attack in the school cafeteria on Monday, September 8th, at approximately 8:27 a.m. Or possibly it began in the Tapper family kitchen, earlier that morning, with the greedy guzzling of the last brown sugar cinnamon toaster pastry. What really happened? It depends on who you speak to...This is a hilarious middle-grade comedy that's both totally timeless and completely up-to-the-minute. We have four books commissioned to preserve momentum.
About the Author
Interest Age: From 9
More books by Geoff Rodkey
Orion Children's Books (an Imprint of The Orion Publishing Group Ltd ) an imprint of Orion Publishing Co
2nd April 2015
Love “Lovereading4kids” as my son gets to hear about & read new books before his mates which keeps him interested in reading=a very happy MumLiz Evans
We love Lovereading as my 5 year old loves to read new books before anyone else has a chance, she says it makes reading exciting!Tracey Chorley
It has introduced my children to books we hadn’t come across before. Real children’s reviews gives a great insight into what others think toLorraine Woods
We love Lovereading4kids because it promotes reading choices, new authors and a sense of community for children of all ages!Rachel Bridgeman
I love Lovereading because I often never know what to read and this helps you find a good book. I have recommended this to many people.Shannon-Louise Masters – age 15
We love Lovereading4kids because they put books in front of us we wouldn’t otherwise have read. They make us more adventurous readers!Emily Jacques
It gives me a chance to read types of books that I would not normally try, and it motivates me to read every night to finish it!Alice Horncastle, age 14
I love Lovereading4kids because I get an opportunity to put my opinion forward and to try new booksElosie Clarkson – age 11