Red Moon Rising
Written by Paula Harrison
Lovereading4kids Price £5.59
£6.99 saving £1.40 (20%)
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
The Lovereading4Kids comment
***Red Moon Rising is the re-release of The Crystal Mirror (part of the Faerie Tribes series). The 3rd book in the series will be out Spring '16.
Laney Rivers thinks she’s just an ordinary schoolgirl, how wrong she is! On the first night of the school summer holidays, which happens to be her twelfth birthday, she discovers that she’s really a faerie. Nor is she the only faerie in her village: her dad, her neighbours, some of her school friends – and enemies – are faeries too. As a faerie Laney can fly, and she can talk to animals, the world looks much more interesting too, but not all is well: can Laney and her friends stop an evil Shadow Faerie who wants to rule all the faerie tribes? Laney’s adventures are perfect for young readers who secretly dream of having magical powers, and it’s also a lovely story of friendship. ~ Andrea Reece
Kirsty from Nosy Crow says: “Paula has created a thoroughly believable world with great characters. These books are action-packed and exciting, but remain rooted in those all-important issues of friendship and identity that kids of this age love to read about. And imagine suddenly finding that you could fly!”
Kids love to read and so in addition to our Lovereading expert opinion some of our Lovereading4kids Reader Review Panel were also lucky enough to read and review this title. You can read their full reviews by clicking here.
- Sam Harper, age 11 - 'An exceptional book with a brilliant storyline and extraordinary characters. I knew immediately that I was going to love it and I can’t wait to get my hands on the next in the series.'
- Chloe Pickering, age 11 - 'I enjoyed this book. It is full of magic and faeries but it is not sickly sweet. It gives a different edge to the expected view of faeries. They live in tribes and face dangers of dark magic.'
- Isabel McKinnon, age 9 - 'As soon as I read the first pages the book sucked me in!'
- Evie Brooks, age 10 - 'I would give this a five star rating because the book hooked me in and dragged me through the story.'
- Beth Urquhart, age 8 - 'It is an extremely enjoyable book, but is a bit scary. I think girls who enjoyed the rainbow magic series, at a younger age, but were now older would like it.'
- Holly Wilkins, age 11 - 'Magical, mysterious and mesmerising.'
- Emma Moulton, Yr 7 Great Torrington School - 'This is a very interesting book if you like magical stories with lots of suspense!'
- Hannah Baer, age 11 - 'the detail and excitement of the book is truly amazing.'
- Ieva Galinauskaite, age 14 - 'I really loved reading this book and finding out Laney’s secret and her secret power. I would recommend this book to a friend. I enjoyed reading Laney’s journey and learning more about her life.'
- Year 5 Book Group, Baring Primary School - 'A mystical page turner of a book. I couldn’t put it down once I started it.'
- Jasmine Harris-Hart, age 13 - 'A magical fast paced adventure about fairies and friendship.'
- Cora Willans - 'I LOVE THIS BOOK.'
Red Moon Rising by Paula Harrison
Laney thinks the summer's going to be boring but how wrong she is! From the moment she sees a blood-red moon, things take a turn for the magical. For Laney is a faerie, a member of the Mist Tribe, and things are about to get exciting, and mysterious, and dangerous. Laney and her faerie friends must stop an evil Shadow Faerie finding the magical objects he needs to become all-powerful.
About the Author
More books by Paula Harrison
Nosy Crow Ltd
2nd April 2015
I am so pleased to have signed my kids up as they are reading a much wider range of books and even choosing books out of their comfort zone.Angela East
It’s so easy to find the right book for your child. Such an easy-to-use, yet in-depth website. 100% reliable.Pippa, Jack, Liam & Matthew Wils
I love all the books they recommend & put up for me to review. I also love the fact that they give new authors the chance to share their booDaisy Pennock – age 15
You give me age appropriate ideas of books I can read and buy for the children and find out what other children their age think of them too.Katie Lonsdale
It is THE website to use for narrowing down your search for any book. Definitely knocks the socks off any other book review website.Nickey and Tomasz Hawryszczuk
I love lovereading4kids because I’ve read amazing books I would never have picked up, and its opened doors to new genre’s I now love.Harriet Cunningham
It has introduced my children to books we hadn’t come across before. Real children’s reviews gives a great insight into what others think toLorraine Woods
I love Lovereading4kids because I get an opportunity to put my opinion forward and to try new booksElosie Clarkson – age 11