Written by Will Hill
Part of the Department 19 Series
Lovereading4kids Price £11.99
£14.99 saving £3.00 (20%)
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
The Lovereading4Kids comment
The epic conclusion in the blood-poundingly brilliant Department 19 series, from bestselling author, Will Hill. Since 1891 when Abraham Van Helsing and a group of friends faced Dracula, the world's first vampire and won, the survivors of that battle founded Department 19, and have been secretly saving the world ever since. The Department 19 files - and this is the fifth and final one - is their story.
In addition to our Lovereading expert opinion some of our Reader Review Panel were also lucky enough to read and review the first in the Department 19 series. You can click here to read their full reviews.
- Safiyah Afghan - 'Full of thrills, danger, action and romance Department 19 is an exciting book that will hold most readers captivated.'
- Claudia Woolgar - 'If you love adventure, gore, computer games, vampires, love and big guns, this is the book for you!'
- Hollie Compton - 'A book that I didn't want to put down. I love the characters within the story and their relationships between each other.'
- Emily Setchell, age 13 - 'I really enjoyed this book and am definitely going to read the rest of the books in the series!'
- Jack Graham - 'This book is an excellent read. I would read the next books or any others by Will Hill and recommend this to anyone 11+ because it has so many good techniques and a great storyline.'
- Emer O'Brien, age 13 - 'It is really, really gory, and readers who don't enjoy detailed descriptions of dismembered body parts shouldn't go within a hundred yards of this book.'
- Carla McGuigan, age 13 - 'You’ve heard of the novels: Dracula and the novel: Frankenstein. Well in this novel both are brought to life, together.'
- Libby and Jennifer Bridgeman, age 7 and 10 - 'Those who have read the previous books in this series, and enjoyed them, will no doubt enjoy this too.'
Darkest Night by Will Hill
The brave men and women of Department 19 have fought Dracula at every turn, but now Zero Hour has passed and the ancient vampire is at full strength. Inside Department 19, the Operators are exhausted and fractured. Jamie, Larissa, Matt and Kate are each struggling with their own demons. When the friends need each other most, they are further apart than ever.
Outside the Department, the world reels from the revelation that vampires are real. Violence and paranoia spread around the globe and, when it finally comes, Dracula's opening move is more vicious than anyone could have imagined. A final battle looms between the forces of darkness and the last, massed ranks of those who stand against it. A battle that will define the future of humanity. A battle that simply cannot be lost...
Praise for the Department 19 Series:
'High action, original and gripping' - The Sun
'Bram Stoker can stop turning in his grave: his 21st-century legacy extends beyond Twilight.' - The Telegraph
'Absolutely outstanding...' - The Book Bag
About the Author
Interest Age: From 13
More books by Will Hill
HarperCollins Children's Books an imprint of HarperCollins Publishers
4th June 2015
LoveReading4Kids is a modern and creative way of emphasising the value and importance of books in this digital age #booksforlifeAmrit Bunet – Teen
I love Lovereading because I often never know what to read and this helps you find a good book. I have recommended this to many people.Shannon-Louise Masters – age 15
A great way to introduce kids to great books, authors & genres. Parents can find age-appropriate books to share with their children.Judi Davies – Aberdare Girls Sch
Lovereading is just a convenient way to find new books and hear others opinions on them.Sarah Murray – age 15
Love “Lovereading4kids” as my son gets to hear about & read new books before his mates which keeps him interested in reading=a very happy MumLiz Evans
It is fantastic, you get to read lots of books and you always find something new and amazing in them.Erica Motoc, age 7
I have told all my friends, family & teachers to see for themselves just how great the site is. Without fail, they are hugely impressed.Alexander Boxall – age 11
I love finding new books to read. My mummy and me look at the new ones coming out. I have written reviews of some of them!Jessica Cobbin – age 7