Perijee & Me
Written by Ross Montgomery
Lovereading4kids Price £5.59
£6.99 saving £1.40 (20%)
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
The Lovereading4Kids comment
Longlisted for the UKLA 2017 Book Award and March 2016 Book of the Month You can rely on Ross Montgomery to put an unexpected twist and an extra helping of humanity into his stories, no matter how zany. Perijee is an alien Caitlin finds on the beach near her home. Though he grows at an alarming rate, eats everything, and sprouts limbs seemingly at will, to Caitlin Perijee is immediately a friend, something to love. Sadly, no-one else has her perspicacity or heart: when the rest of the human world discovers Perijee, the response is fear and aggression. The effect on Perijee is devastating, he’s forced into fight mode too. Only Caitlin can save her friend, and the world. What follows is a mad adventure, funny and exciting in equal parts, and containing an important message about love, kindness and trust. ~ Andrea Reece
Kids love to read and so in addition to our Lovereading expert opinion some of our Lovereading4kids Reader Review Panel were also lucky enough to read and review this title. You can read their full reviews by clicking here.
- Romilly Dally-Fitzsimons, age 9 - 'This is the most amazing book I have ever read!!!!!! I absolutely adored this book, it is truly wonderful. It made me laugh and cry proper tears!'
- Phoenix, age 8 - 'Perijee and Me is a very emotional book with a lot of exciting words. I would give it four stars. I loved it!'
- Rachel George - 'This was a weird and fun Book. Caitlin finds a white prawn-thing on the beach, which turns out to lead to all sorts of havoc! Caitlin will try to help, but can she stop it in time?'
- Emily Yates, age 9 - 'Perijee and Me is an emotional rollercoaster of a book, you never know what will happen next. The best book I have reviewed so far!'
- Lewis Briggs, age 7 - 'I think the book is fantastic and really gives good imagery in my head. It was exciting and my favourite part was all of it!!! I would recommend this to my friends.'
- Alexander Bisland, age 10 - 'I really enjoyed this brilliant book and I give it 10/10...I recommend this book to 10+ alien fanatics and if you like stories about friendship.'
- Joshua Zinkin, age 11 - 'This is one of the most gripping books I've ever read, and I would rate it 10/10. It has a fantastic storyline, as well as a heartwarming feeling.'
- James McNichol, age 6 - 'It deals with the subjects of friendship, family, loneliness, loyalty and betrayal better than any book I have read for a long time...A big thumbs up.'
- Alex Hall, age 9 - 'I liked the author's imagination and his use of vocabulary, which made the story come alive. It was a book about friendship and trust.'
- Ava and Olivia Townsend, age 6 & 4 - 'The theme is perfectly pitched for our 6 year old but is sophisticated enough for older readers too.'
- Luke Overett Somnier, age 9 - 'I recommend Perijee & Me as I really enjoyed reading this story.The book is full of surprises and twists and the author has used a lot of imagination...From cows to comets, it's a fun and engaging story for anyone of 7 years and up.'
- Hermione Chaytors, age 7 - 'Weird but fun! I really enjoyed this book and I wish I could have my very own Perijee!'
- Miyah Smith, age 10 - 'I really enjoyed reading this interesting and cleverly written book. It was full of excitement and humour.'
- Matthew George, age 7 - 'Perijee and Me is a great fantasy story.'
- Jennifer Wood, age 7 - 'Quite an odd book, but strangely enjoyable to read.'
- Olympia Bonte, age 8 - 'Every moment of the book there is something exciting and you are using your imagination.'
Perijee & Me by Ross Montgomery
When 11-year-old Caitlin discovers a shrimp-like alien creature on the shores of her island home, she takes responsibility for teaching it about the world. Mostly, this just involved stopping little Perijee from eating everything! Caitlin becomes increasingly close to her alien friend, treating him like a brother.
There's only one problem - Perijee won't stop growing.
Then the authorities try to hunt him down and through his fear, Perijee disappears and starts causing trouble. Caitlin must leave home and travel across the country to try and convince Perijee to stop destroying everything before it's too late.
Praise for The Tornado Chasers
Original and hilarious Metro
Praise for Alex, the Dog and the Unopenable Door
It's a consistently funny and exciting story whose ending offers both a twist and a surprise Books for Keeps
Full of delightful characterisation, sometimes farcical, sometimes poignant, this novel involves a quest, a brass band of deliquent youngsters and a fierce girl with false teeth. Children's fiction has a remarkable new comic voice Nicolette Jones, The Sunday Times
Underneath this barking mad romp there's a moving message about love, loss, fear and identity. A highly original debut novel Daily Mail
About the Author
Interest Age: From 9
More books by Ross Montgomery
Faber & Faber
3rd March 2016
I love ‘LoveReading 4 kids’ because they let you read and learn things you’d never dreamed of learning before.Emily Horncastle – age 11
It’s really exciting to read and review new books, thrilling to see my reviews online and I love finding the final published copies on sale.Sam Harper – age 10
We love Lovereading4kids because they put books in front of us we wouldn’t otherwise have read. They make us more adventurous readers!Emily Jacques
It’s so easy to find the right book for your child. Such an easy-to-use, yet in-depth website. 100% reliable.Pippa, Jack, Liam & Matthew Wils
I am so pleased to have signed my kids up as they are reading a much wider range of books and even choosing books out of their comfort zone.Angela East
It has introduced my children to books we hadn’t come across before. Real children’s reviews gives a great insight into what others think toLorraine Woods
We love Lovereading4kids because it promotes reading choices, new authors and a sense of community for children of all ages!Rachel Bridgeman
It is fantastic, you get to read lots of books and you always find something new and amazing in them.Erica Motoc, age 7