Written by Richard Kurti
Lovereading4kids Price £6.39
£7.99 saving £1.60 (20%)
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
The Lovereading4Kids comment
Cillian is a teen prodigy whose world is overturned when he survives a terror attack on a train in which all the other passengers - including his dad - were killed. The question is, why did Cillian survive? Shortly after the attack, the mysterious, invincible Tess tracks him down and together they embark on a dangerous journey that sees them uncover shocking truths about the sinister extremes science is being taken to at the hands of the P8 scientists.
The short, sharp, blasts of action and powerful precision storytelling will keep readers turning the pages at breakneck speed, while also stimulating deeper thought about big issues around scientific, social and personal ethics. ~ Joanne Owen
Teens love to read and so in addition to our Lovereading expert opinion some of our Lovereading4kids Reader Review Panel were also lucky enough to read and review this title. You can read their full reviews by clicking here.
- Adam Goodman, age 13 - 'The best book I have ever read!!! ‘Maladapted’ is exciting and action-packed from start to finish, a great read and I would highly recommend it!'
- Georgia Walters, age 15 - 'Maladapted was an incredibly enjoyable read, packed with action and suspense. I was swept away with the story from the opening pages; there was never a dull moment.'
- Eloise Mae Clarkson, age 13 - 'I would definitely recommend this to a friend. The concept was unique and the characters were amazing.'
- Edel Waugh - 'A very interesting read! I recommend adding this to your TBR list.'
- Lucie Harrison, age 13 - 'I enjoyed reading Maladapted although it was quite a difficult read. It was engaging and very different to other books I have read.'
- Amelia Corrick-Gough, age 14 - 'I sat down one Saturday morning, and read it all. I highly recommend this and I hope the next one will be just as good!'
- Beth Jones, age 13 - 'Maladapted is a thrilling sci-fi novel with an excellent plot and characters. I love the concept of a world controlled by technology.'
- William Oliver - 'As a sci-fi lover, I am really interested in visions of the future. I am not an avid reader, but this book is one of few that I enjoyed and found really gripping.'
- Dylan Sweet, age 12 - 'Maladapted is a very thrilling book. The change of atmosphere is sudden and so dramatic that it captures you and doesn’t let you go.'
- Celeste Phelan, age 14 - 'A mind-boggling read with so many twists and turns, it mirrors the complicity and the sudden surprises of a maze.'
- Liam, age 13 - 'Cillian is the survivor of a terrorist attack which causes him a lot of grief but even more attention from several secret operations. Will he live or not!?'
- Ofelia Tavares, age 13 - 'Maladapted was addictive and I thoroughly enjoyed it. It was gripping and a great page turner.'
- Robin Johansson, age 14 - 'From the start, this book is an action packed page turner..I would unquestionably recommend this book!'
- Alice D'Angelo - 'I would recommend this to anyone who enjoys an interesting, original story.'
- Safiyah Afghan - 'Full of twists and turns, adventure and romance this book is a fantastic book that readers will find hard to put down.'
- Josh Travers, age 14 - 'An absolute page turner, this book flows swiftly and smoothly, taking the reader on a magical journey across the bustling city of Kolkata through the eyes of the monkeys that fight to call it home.'
- Darcy Elliman, age 15 'Monkey Wars is a beautiful and well written story from the perspective of two young rival monkeys. It’s a heart-warming and gripping story that will stay with any reader.'
- Carla McGuigan, age 13 - 'one of my favourites and I would suggest it to both boys and girls.'
Maladapted by Richard Kurti
From BAFTA-nominated screenwriter Richard Kurti comes an exciting, fast-paced thriller that shows the power science has to change not just our lives, but our very selves.
Cillian is the sole survivor of a devastating terrorist attack on a packed Metro train. How did he survive when everyone else was killed? Searching for answers with the mysterious Tess, Cillian discovers that his father has links to P8, a group of genetic scientists operating outside the laws of Foundation City. The shocking discoveries he and Tess make at P8's secret hospital start to make Cillian ask not who he is, but what he is...
About the Author
Interest Age: From 12
More books by Richard Kurti
Author's Facebook Latest
Walker Books Ltd
7th April 2016
It’s so easy to find the right book for your child. Such an easy-to-use, yet in-depth website. 100% reliable.Pippa, Jack, Liam & Matthew Wils
I think Lovereading4kids is an amazing company because of the friendly staff and the fabulous chance to read great books before publication.Adam Graham
I love ‘LoveReading 4 kids’ because they let you read and learn things you’d never dreamed of learning before.Emily Horncastle – age 11
It is fantastic, you get to read lots of books and you always find something new and amazing in them.Erica Motoc, age 7
We love Lovereading4kids because it promotes reading choices, new authors and a sense of community for children of all ages!Rachel Bridgeman
I love lovereading4kids because I’ve read amazing books I would never have picked up, and its opened doors to new genre’s I now love.Harriet Cunningham
It’s really exciting to read and review new books, thrilling to see my reviews online and I love finding the final published copies on sale.Sam Harper – age 10
I am so pleased to have signed my kids up as they are reading a much wider range of books and even choosing books out of their comfort zone.Angela East