Reckoning The Silver Blackthorn Trilogy Book 1
Written by Kerry Wilkinson
Part of the Silver Blackthorn Trilogy Series
Lovereading4kids Price £6.39
£7.99 saving £1.60 (20%)
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
The Lovereading4Kids comment
June 2014 Debut of the Month ***Suitable for 16+ due to strong content A powerful story of the teenagers who are chosen at the Reckoning. It is a coming-of-age ceremony in a society in which everyone’s thoughts can be all too easily heard. Silver Blackthorn is chosen as an Offering at her Reckoning. Is it because she has always been a rebel and is intent on finding ways of circumnavigating the technology which monitors her life? No one knows what happens to the offerings once they have been sent to Windsor Castle. Soon Silver is trapped behind the locked doors of the enormous building. Who can she trust and will she ever find her way out?
In addition to our Lovereading expert opinion some of our Reader Review Panel were also lucky enough to read and review this title.
- Millie Windeler, age 15 - 'Reckoning is, by far one of the most interesting books I have ever read...The plot is ingenious, the characters are witty, and I cannot wait for the second book.' Read full review >
- Xanthe Waite – 'A compulsive, page turner that transports you to a world where medieval castles meet futuristic technology. Sinister and addictive.' Read full review >
- Rosa Boran, age 14 - 'I really liked this book. It was so good and I can't wait for the next one in the trilogy.' Read full review >
- Sophia Ufton- 'This story was just amazing, I COULD not put this book down, each time I did I just had to pick it straight back up again. WOW!! Read it NOW!' Read full review >
- Ian Harvey-Brown – 'A book sizzling with expectations. A compelling 'against all odds' plot.' Read full review >
- Lee McKenna, age 14 – 'Another exhilarating fiction by the marvelous Kerry Wilkinson. Reckoning is the story of Silver who fights to escape from a tyrant king. A satisfying start to a new and anticipated trilogy.' Read full review >
- Sophie Bridges, age 11 - 'Reckoning was very good because it is a good book and suitable for my age because it is not too scary but just right.' Read full review >
- Sarah Murray, age 15 - 'WOW! This book is just incredible and up there as one of my favourite dystopian novels ever. The world is crazy and that ending! Anyone who even mildly likes the odd dystopian novel will love this book! It is a must read!' Read full review >
- Jacki Moorcroft - 'A must for Hunger Games fans who are missing the thrills of a good adventure. Silver Blackthorn is a girl unwilling to accept the norm and will have you willing her on.' Read full review >
- Mary Murphy age 14 - 'The beginning of the book had the feel of the ‘Hunger Games’, but as I got more into the story it developed into a really unique storyline of its own.' Read full review >
- Kacy Capes, age 14 - 'this book is purely amazing and I didn’t put it down after I got it.' Read full review >
Reckoning The Silver Blackthorn Trilogy Book 1 by Kerry Wilkinson
In the village of Martindale, hundreds of miles north of the new English capital of Windsor, sixteen-year-old Silver Blackthorn takes the Reckoning. This coming-of-age test not only decides her place in society - Elite, Member, Inter or Trog - but also determines that Silver is to become an Offering for King Victor. But these are uncertain times and no-one really knows what happens to the teenagers who disappear into Windsor Castle. Is being an Offering the privilege everyone assumes it to be, or do the walls of the castle have something to hide? Trapped in a maze of ancient corridors, Silver finds herself in a warped world of suspicion where it is difficult to know who to trust and who to fear. The one thing Silver does know is that she must find a way out ...
Visit the Silver Blackthorn facebook page for more about the series.
'Reckoning is addictive ... Most certainly a strong contender to The Hunger Games - I have a feeling this trilogy will be just as popular and talked about'
.blogspot.co.uk 'This was an incredible book, I flew through it, and I cannot wait to see where Silver takes us next
.blogspot.co.uk 'I finished this one, came out of the book daze, looked around me and realised I'd have to wait to find out what happens next ... WAIT?
About the Author
Interest Age: From 12
More books by Kerry Wilkinson
Pan Books an imprint of Pan Macmillan
22nd May 2014
It is THE website to use for narrowing down your search for any book. Definitely knocks the socks off any other book review website.Nickey and Tomasz Hawryszczuk
We love Lovereading4kids because they put books in front of us we wouldn’t otherwise have read. They make us more adventurous readers!Emily Jacques
I am so pleased to have signed my kids up as they are reading a much wider range of books and even choosing books out of their comfort zone.Angela East
I love Lovereading as it provides an honest opinion and showcases a range of fiction. Suited to both parents & kids alike, it’s a must-use.Georgie Rowe – age 16
It’s so easy to find the right book for your child. Such an easy-to-use, yet in-depth website. 100% reliable.Pippa, Jack, Liam & Matthew Wils
It’s really exciting to read and review new books, thrilling to see my reviews online and I love finding the final published copies on sale.Sam Harper – age 10
It gives me a chance to read types of books that I would not normally try, and it motivates me to read every night to finish it!Alice Horncastle, age 14
I love Lovereading4kids because I get an opportunity to put my opinion forward and to try new booksElosie Clarkson – age 11