How Harry Riddles Made a Mega-amazing Zombie Movie
Written by Simon Mayle
Part of the Shoutykid Series
Lovereading4kids Price £5.59
£6.99 saving £1.40 (20%)
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
The Lovereading4Kids comment
June 2014 Debut of the Month Harry's an optimistic kid who never gives in but when Harry's dad loses his job he fears his mega-amazing film idea, without any money isn't going to happen. But Harry is resilient and is not one to give up, so join him on his hilarious ups and downs told through laugh-out-loud letters, emails, texts and more to his cousin Charley and to lots of famous people - the Queen, the Prime Minister and Harry Styles to name but three. Anyone, who likes their books to be laugh-out-loud funny will love Harry Riddles as will fans of Wimpy Kid, Barry Loser and Tom Gates.
Harriet Wilson, from publisher HarperCollins said “We snapped up Shoutykid because the hilarious voice of Harry Riddles shouted loud and clear that he was the funniest kid in fiction. You can’t help but fall for Harry – as his life unravels he remains relentlessly optimistic and his genuine belief that the world’s luminaries might lend him a hand (or a tenner) is both moving and side-splittingly funny. Now that Harry has found his voice, you’re sure to be hearing a lot more from him.”
Kids love to read and so in addition to our Lovereading expert opinion some of our Lovereading4kids reader review panel were invited to read and review this title.
- Taela, age 9 - 'A fun, silly and a bit sad diary about Harry and his on-off friend and cousin in California called Charley. In their email diaries you find out lots of crazy things that kids get up to. I love this!' Read full review >
- Alex Faulkner, age 10 - 'Shoutykid is a funny book written in letters over the internet.' Read full review >
- Isaac East, age 8 - 'Shoutykid is a great book. It is written as lots of emails which is unusual for a book but interesting. It also made it really quick to read.' Read full review >
- Rohan Delamere, age 8 - 'This amazingly funny book is about a boy called Harry Riddles who is trying to make a zombie movie called ‘My Pet Zombie’ but it all goes horribly wrong. What will happen next?' Read full review >
- Sam Harper, age 10 - 'Harry has a lot of problems but can a hot-shot director, Harry Styles or even the Queen help him? One thing is certain, Harry will be sure to ask! Hilarious, with a really cool format. I loved it!' Read full review >
- Daniel Aconley, age 11 - 'An enjoyable book that made me want to carry on reading to see what would happen next.' Read full review >
- Charlotte Rosevear, age 9 - 'I didn't like this much because it was mostly emails between Harry and Charley his cousin, and sometimes its just "LOL"!' Read full review >
- James Harrison , age 10 - 'This was a really, really enjoyable book. Anyone who has read it can't not love it. If there's a sequel pleeeeeeeeeeeeease can I have it?!' Read full review >
- William Sheehan, age 9 - 'This book is awesome, epic, funny and entertaining...I hope that the author writes lots more adventures for Harry.'
- Alexander Bisland, age 8 - 'I thought it was a good book and I always wanted to read on...I give it a big 10/10.' Read full review >
- Tom Greenan, age 8 - 'If you liked Diary of a Wimpy Kid then you will like this brilliant book.' Read full review >
- Leia Honeyman, age 10 - 'A hilarious book filled with laughs and some drama. I loved Harry Riddles a fantastic new character. This book was a joy to read. Totally awesome.' Read full review >
- Alina Wraith, age 9 - 'Shoutykid was an interesting book that made me laugh and I liked Simon Mayles’ style but I found it confusing in parts and didn’t enjoy it as much as other books I’ve read recently.' Read full review >
- Hannah Lunt, age 7 - 'Once I got into it I couldn't put it down because I wanted to know if it was a good ending for Harry. I've told my friends how good it is too.' Read full review >
Win a Timmy Failure Goody Bag!
Everyone's favourite best worst detective is back in Timmy Failure: The Cat Stole My Pants! To mark the publication of the sixth book in this popular series we are giving away a fantastic goody bag which includes the 6 Timmy books, a Timmy scarf, mask, bookmark, and stickers.
To have a chance of winning this super prize, click the button below. Please note that this draw is open only for UK residents and is free to enter, multiple entries from the same email address will only be counted once.
The draw closes on 29 May 2017. The winners will be notified by 5 June 2017.
How Harry Riddles Made a Mega-amazing Zombie Movie by Simon Mayle
My name is Harry Riddles and I am ten years old which my mum says is too young to have problems but she is WRONG. My dad just lost his job, which means we might have to move house and I need money to make my mega-amazing zombie movie but there is NO WAY I will sell my X-box! I've written to the Queen, Harry Styles, and the people off Dragons' Den who might be able help but I don't know if they'll write back. If you have any bright ideas for making money I'd love to hear them and I can tell you how to get past level 6 on World of Zombies if you like. Good luck and have fun,
Totally awesome...the trials of Harry Riddles life are laugh out loud funny. I could not stop laughing. Go out and grab a copy you won't be disappointed. Leia, age 10
If you like Diary of a Wimpy Kid or Tom Gates you will like this book... it's really funny and it made me laugh. Isaac , age 8 Unlike any book I've ever read. I loved it! Sam, age 10
Awesome, epic, funny and entertaining. I love the way the book is written in the form of letters and emails and texts. I hope that the author writes lots more adventures for Harry. William, age 9
About the Author
Interest Age: From 8
More books by Simon Mayle
HarperCollins Children's Books an imprint of HarperCollins Publishers
5th June 2014
I love lovereading4kids because I’ve read amazing books I would never have picked up, and its opened doors to new genre’s I now love.Harriet Cunningham
Writing reviews help the children with their literacy skills and we always read the books together which gives us good quality family time!Cat Bisland (on behalf of the Bi
Lovereading is just a convenient way to find new books and hear others opinions on them.Sarah Murray – age 15
It is fantastic, you get to read lots of books and you always find something new and amazing in them.Erica Motoc, age 7
We love Lovereading4kids because they put books in front of us we wouldn’t otherwise have read. They make us more adventurous readers!Emily Jacques
It gives me a chance to read types of books that I would not normally try, and it motivates me to read every night to finish it!Alice Horncastle, age 14
We love Lovereading4kids because it promotes reading choices, new authors and a sense of community for children of all ages!Rachel Bridgeman
I think Lovereading4kids is an amazing company because of the friendly staff and the fabulous chance to read great books before publication.Adam Graham