Written by Sophia Bennett
Lovereading4kids Price £5.59
£6.99 saving £1.40 (20%)
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
The Lovereading4Kids comment
August 2014 Book of the Month In a fast-paced and richly imagined adventure Peta Jones risks her life when she recklessly embarks on a deadly dangerous adventure following a clue that might reveal that he father is still alive. Stowing away in a trunk she is transported to a fancy palace on a beautiful and remote island where she uncovers cruelty of an unimaginable kind. And no sign of her father. Peta’s only chance of survival lies in the hands of Amina and Karim, two children slaving for the family, who also help her in her search. Will Peta ever find her father and will she and Amina and Karim – ever escape?
Kids love to read and so in addition to our Lovereading expert opinion some of our Lovereading4kids Reader Review Panel were also lucky enough to read and review this title.
- Freya Hudson, age 11 - 'The best book I have ever read and I could not put it down! Read this book for a mystical, adventure of friendship and wonder.' Read full review >
- Jemma Rubens, age 10 - 'A brilliant book full of suspense!' Read full review >
- Jasmine Harris-Hart, age 12 - 'An exciting book about a girls quest to find her dad.'
- Traviss Chaytors, age 11 - 'A mysterious story that will keep you hooked until the end.' Read full review >
- Isabel Kardos-Stowe, age 10 - 'The Castle is about a girl called Peta. She refuses to believe that her dad died in a car bomb. She has an exciting adventure finding new friends along the way.' Read full review >
- Ellen Faulkner, age 12 - 'Peta's story in The Castle touched me as she never gave up on her father, even though everyone else had. It was hard-hitting yet hopeful, and I absolutely loved it.' Read full review >
- Amy Laws, age 13 - 'This adventure/ mystery book is certainly worth reading- I was hooked!' Read full review >
- Rachel Illsley, age 10 - 'I thoroughly enjoyed this book, it was great.' Read full review >
- Eloise Mae Clarkson, age 12 - 'I loved the plot line it had twists and turns and was unpredictable...I literally could not put this book down.' Read full review >
- Rebekah Choi, age 12 - 'Gripped all the way through, each chapter seemed to finish with a cliffhanger! Didn't predict the ending. Thought Peta was a brilliant character.' Read full review >
- Daisy Theobald, age 11 - 'by far my favourite book and I wouldn't hesitate to read it over and over again.' Read full review >
- Raimy Greenland - 'A fast paced, high suspense thriller from a brilliant YA author.' Read full review >
- Freya Moore, age 12 - 'A thrilling, fast-paced adventure story.' Read full review >
The Castle by Sophia Bennett
It's not just the bridesmaid's dress that Peta has a problem with - it's the whole wedding. How can her mum remarry when her army-hero dad isn't dead? When Peta receives clues that seem to prove he's alive, she sets out on a crazy mission. Somewhere across the sea, her father's being held in a billionaire's castle. Dad would do anything to save her - and now it's her turn to rescue him.
About the Author
More books by Sophia Bennett
Author's Facebook Latest
Chicken House Ltd
7th August 2014
We love Lovereading4kids because they put books in front of us we wouldn’t otherwise have read. They make us more adventurous readers!Emily Jacques
At @HHSHaringey we love @lovereading4kids because our pupils can practice reviewing & get free upcoming books before anyone else!Helen Swinyard – Heartlands High
It has introduced my children to books we hadn’t come across before. Real children’s reviews gives a great insight into what others think toLorraine Woods
You give me age appropriate ideas of books I can read and buy for the children and find out what other children their age think of them too.Katie Lonsdale
I have told all my friends, family & teachers to see for themselves just how great the site is. Without fail, they are hugely impressed.Alexander Boxall – age 11
It is THE website to use for narrowing down your search for any book. Definitely knocks the socks off any other book review website.Nickey and Tomasz Hawryszczuk
I love Lovereading as it provides an honest opinion and showcases a range of fiction. Suited to both parents & kids alike, it’s a must-use.Georgie Rowe – age 16
Love “Lovereading4kids” as my son gets to hear about & read new books before his mates which keeps him interested in reading=a very happy MumLiz Evans