Henry Hunter and the Beast of Snagov
Written by John Matthews
Part of the Henry Hunter Series
Lovereading4kids Price £4.79
£5.99 saving £1.20 (20%)
when in stock
As soon as this book is back in stock we will send you an email.Compare book price We'd love you to buy your books from Lovereading - especially if we helped you to choose them! But as our mantra is guidance, and that includes guidance on price, please do use our 'Compare Book Price' service to discover if the best value deal is from Lovereading or another specialist bookstore.
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
The Lovereading4Kids comment
August 2014 Book of the Month Henry Hunter is a most unusual boy – even among the boys at St Grimbold’s School. He has a private jet and an appetite for finding things that possibly comes from living up to his name. Henry enlists his school friend Adolphus Pringle as his ‘Doctor Watson’ and in this adventure the two set off to investigate rumours of the reappearance of Dracula…Henry and Adolphus make a great pair of under-age sleuths and Nick Tankand brings the mysterious world they enter vividly to life.
A Piece of Passion from Matilda Johnson, Publisher The Henry Hunter files are really fast-paced which I love for adventure stories. Henry's personality is magnetic too - so like Dolf, I just had to follow Henry on his quest to track down the beast!
Kids love to read and so in addition to our Lovereading expert opinion some of our Lovereading4kids Reader Review Panel were also lucky enough to read and review this title.
- Macy Flanagan, age 7 - 'This book was very exciting I wish I could go on all these travels. Henry Hunter is a very clever boy.' Read full review >
- Mikey Walsh, age 7 - 'I enjoyed reading the book because it was about vampires and I like vampire stories!!' Read full review >
- Oliver Page-Berelian, age 7 - 'I hope all of Henry Hunter's adventures are as entertaining as this one. I am looking forward to the next one.' Read full review >
- Patrick John Griffith, aged 9 - 'This awesome adventure story has a punch of humour and a kick of spookiness!' Read full review >
- Tomasz Hawryszczuk, age 9 - 'A great story about a couple of boys who go on a very different adventure. If you like Beasts, Bats, Dracula and mysteries, then you will love this!' Read full review >
- Robert Heathcote, age 11 - 'I enjoyed reading this book, I couldn't put it down because it made me laugh. At the beginning of the book it tells you about Henry’s past adventures and then leads you into his latest expedition.' Read full review >
- Thom Greenan, age 8 - 'If you like Skulduggery Pleasant then you will probably like this as they are both full of adventure.' Read full review >
- Peter Baller, age 8 - 'Exciting story line especially the end. I can’t wait to find out what happens in the sequel.' Read full review >
- Danny Belton, age 9 - 'I think that other 9 year old like me will like it and I thought it was amazing.' Read full review >
- Sam Harper, age 10 - 'I was absolutely glued to this book from the very first page. Fast paced, exciting and funny, it bounds along pulling you with it. I didn't want it to end and I can't wait for their next adventure.' Read full review >
- Emily Horncastle, age 11 - 'This book is a book of amazing adventure and mystical characters. With a surprising change of fate and a villain that nobody will suspect - will it work out for Henry Hunter and willing 'sidekick' Dolf?' Read full review >
- Rodrigo Davies, age 7 - 'It was a tiny bit scary but scary good (like exciting) and it is full of humour. I just love this book!' Read full review >
Henry Hunter and the Beast of Snagov by John Matthews
When schoolboy super-sleuth Henry Hunter uncovers a clue about the legendary Beast of Snagov, the origin of all vampires, he and friend Dolf travel to Whitby and Romania on its trail. Unravelling clues from Bram Stoker’s Dracula, and the legend of Vlad the Impaler, they encounter Dracula’s daughter Bella Dracul. But is she a friend or a foe? And, can the trio evade the sinister forces that are tracking their every move, intent on releasing the Beast from its underground tomb?
- even more terrible than a vampire. In going after this beast they find help from a shocking source as they do battle with a sect determined to raise the beast. This is an exciting read with surprising moments and a bit of a cliff-hanger ending that will make you eager for the next instalment. -- Debbie Williams Primary Times With characters who channel Twilight, Tank Girl and A Young Indiana Jones, it is a delight. A beautiful and memorable book with a witty, knowing narrative ... stunning illustrations ... This novel nods towards Holmes and Watson, but characters Bella and Henry should appeal to eight to 13 year olds, regardless of gender. Teacher magazine
About the Author
Interest Age: From 5
More books by John Matthews
1st August 2014
LoveReading4Kids is a modern and creative way of emphasising the value and importance of books in this digital age #booksforlifeAmrit Bunet – Teen
It’s so easy to find the right book for your child. Such an easy-to-use, yet in-depth website. 100% reliable.Pippa, Jack, Liam & Matthew Wils
We love Lovereading4kids because it promotes reading choices, new authors and a sense of community for children of all ages!Rachel Bridgeman
It’s really exciting to read and review new books, thrilling to see my reviews online and I love finding the final published copies on sale.Sam Harper – age 10
I love Lovereading because I often never know what to read and this helps you find a good book. I have recommended this to many people.Shannon-Louise Masters – age 15
I am so pleased to have signed my kids up as they are reading a much wider range of books and even choosing books out of their comfort zone.Angela East
It is THE website to use for narrowing down your search for any book. Definitely knocks the socks off any other book review website.Nickey and Tomasz Hawryszczuk
We love Lovereading4kids because they put books in front of us we wouldn’t otherwise have read. They make us more adventurous readers!Emily Jacques