Supercat vs the Party Pooper
Written by Jeanne Willis
Part of the Supercat Series
Lovereading4kids Price £4.79
£5.99 saving £1.20 (20%)
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
The Lovereading4Kids comment
Supercat, or Tiger the cat as he once was known, is back for a spectacularly witty new adventure. Ever since the day he licked a toxic sock Tiger has had special powers – but they don’t always manage to make things go exactly according to plan! His deadly enemy is Count Backwards who has been so outrageously bold as to kidnap the Queen at her own birthday party! Can Supercat save the day with the help of an extra- special party bag?
Kids love reading and in addition to our expert opinion a small number of our Lovereading4kids reader review panel members were lucky enough to read the first book in the series, Supercat vs the Chip Thief. You can read their reviews below.
- Nicole McGovern, age 8 - 'Will the day end cat-tasticly well or in a math’s muddle as SuperCat battles it out to be the best? I enjoyed it so much I can't wait to read more of her fantastic books.' Read full review >
- Emma Moroney, age 7 - 'I loved this book from start to finish. It was very funny, lots of jokes, strange and weird things happening along the way. I have recommended this to all my friends. Excellent Book!' Read full review >
- Rebekah Choi, age 11 - 'I loved this book because it was funny and the characters were really inventive.' Read full review >
- Rohan Delamere, age 8 - 'Meet SuperCat and his sidekick James as they fight the evil Count Backwards in this crazy comedy adventure!' Read full review >
- Ophelia Robinson-Beesley, age 7 - 'It is an amazing story with lots of credit and all sorts of funny jokes. With imaginative things like fake smells, baddies, cats and even toxic socks, what more could you want to smell?' Read full review >
- Daniel Bisland, age 6 - 'The book is about a roly-poly cat who is lazy!...His life changes when he finds his favourite food on James’s smelly sock! Tiger licked it then he turned into SUPERCAT!!!!' Read full review >
- Milind Kowsik - 'SuperCat is a very funny cat who was initially a very ordinary cat. But then he licked a greasy chip sock under James' bed and became SuperCat!' Read full review >
- Elspeth Paterson, age 9 - 'I really loved Supercat vs the Chip Thief, and give it 5 out of 5. It is a funny book, quick to read and enjoy.' Read full review >
- Mustafa Samadi, age 10 - 'James has a cat called Tiger, who is lazy, until one day when he accidentally licks one of James's old socks and turns into Supercat.' Read full review >
- Isaac East, age 7 - 'I thought that this was a really, really exciting and funny book. Supercat is a very funny cat and is always on the ball thinking!' Read full review >
- Faye Dawson, age 8 - 'I think if only I can get my Dad to read this book I might be able to persuade him to get me another cat!' Read full review >
- Tristan Pender, age 6 - 'IT’S BRILLIANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was one of the best books I have read.' Read full review >
- Matilda Greenacre, age 7 - 'This is a funny book about a cat that starts off being really lazy, but with one lick of a toxic sock he turns into "SuperCat".' Read full review >
- Luke Overett Somnier, age 7 - 'I like the part in the book where it says: ‘Magnifico! I look the cat's whiskers in this' said SuperCat, strutting about like a treacle pudding in tights’.' Read full review >
- George Johnson, age 7 - 'After I had read the first chapter, I couldn't wait to finish the book! It was full of action and really very funny.' Read full review >
- Emily Steele, age 10 - 'a comedic and entertaining book which is about a lazy, sleepy cat who doesn't care about the world until he got the shock of his life...I will definitely recommend this book to all my friends.' Read full review >
- Toby Pickering, age 7 - 'I really enjoyed reading this book. It was good how the author told us more about Supercat and his friends as the story went on.' Read full review >
- Shauna Cullinan, age 12 - 'The book is about Tiger – an ordinary fat cat. But Tiger has a secret! Just one lick of a sock that was under his owner, Jame’s bed, and he transforms into…..SUPERCAT!' Read full review >
- Mary Murphy, St. Colm's High School - 'This is an amazing read for children of all ages and is very entertaining too.' Read full review >
Win a HARDBACK copy of Diary of a Wimpy Kid Double Down!
The Wimpy Kid is back! To celebrate the publication of the 11th book in this bestselling series from Jeff Kinney we are giving away FIVE HARDBACK copies of Double Down!
To have a chance of winning one of these great prizes, click the button below. Please note that this draw is open only for UK residents and is free to enter, multiple entries from the same email address will only be counted once.
Draw closes on 5 December 2016. The winners will be notified by 16 December 2016 and you should have your prize in time for Christmas!
Supercat vs the Party Pooper by Jeanne Willis
Supercat is back in the second highly illustrated instalment of everybody's favourite cat superhero series, from bestselling author and queen of comedy, Jeanne Willis. Tiger was an ordinary pet, until the day he licked a toxic sock and was transformed into...SUPERCAT! Now, the evil Count Backwards has kidnapped the Queen from her own birthday party and plans to take over the world! With his superpowers, his best friend James, and a few tricks in his party bag, can Supercat save the day? It's party time...
5 STARS... a mindblowing adventure ... really exciting. In fact I was unable to put it down! Nicole age 8, Love Reading
I loved this book ... it was funny. Rebekah Choi, age 11, Love Reading
An amazing story. Ophelia Robinson-Beesley, age 7, Love Reading
10/10 because it's funny! Daniel Bisland, age 6, Love Reading
About the Author
Interest Age: From 7
More books by Jeanne Willis
HarperCollins Children's Books an imprint of HarperCollins Publishers
3rd July 2014
I have told all my friends, family & teachers to see for themselves just how great the site is. Without fail, they are hugely impressed.Alexander Boxall – age 11
I think Lovereading4kids is an amazing company because of the friendly staff and the fabulous chance to read great books before publication.Adam Graham
I love Lovereading because I often never know what to read and this helps you find a good book. I have recommended this to many people.Shannon-Louise Masters – age 15
I love ‘LoveReading 4 kids’ because they let you read and learn things you’d never dreamed of learning before.Emily Horncastle – age 11
It is THE website to use for narrowing down your search for any book. Definitely knocks the socks off any other book review website.Nickey and Tomasz Hawryszczuk
We love Lovereading4kids because it promotes reading choices, new authors and a sense of community for children of all ages!Rachel Bridgeman
Lovereading4kids is great, we get books really early never late. We love to read and review, and think you would like it too. The excitementJasmine Harris-Hart, age 12
We love Lovereading4kids because they put books in front of us we wouldn’t otherwise have read. They make us more adventurous readers!Emily Jacques