The Royal Babysitters
Written by Clementine Beauvais
Illustrated by Becka Moor
Lovereading4kids Price £4.79
£5.99 saving £1.20 (20%)
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
The Lovereading4Kids comment
October 2014 Book of the Month Silly jokes and madcap adventures are the order of the day in this very funny and highly illustrated royalty-themed series for younger readers.
Kids love to read and so in addition to our Lovereading expert opinion some of our Lovereading4kids Reader Review Panel were also lucky enough to read and review this title. You can read their full reviews by clicking here.
- Sabina Beinart-Smith, age 6 - 'This book is full of imagination. Holly and Anna meet six baby princes all called Bertie, robotic giant squid, robotic mermaids, the King’s mean mum, and nasty humming birds.'
- Daniel Harrison, age 8 - 'I really liked this book. Pepino was my favourite character. He was funny because he acted all spoilt and to him every time was a time for ice-cream.'
- Lauren Randall, age 6 - 'This is a very good book, which is very funny. I highly recommend it and can’t wait to read the next one.'
- Dylan Sweet, age 11 - 'I love this book because it is hilarious and has a very weird plot. The characters in this book are totally bonkers!'
- Erica, age 7 and Lulia, age 6 - 'The end was very surprising and the illustrations very good.'
- Sathana, age 9 - 'This book was funny. I laughed my head off...I loved this book sooo much.'
- Lucy Keaveny, age 8 - 'Holly and Anna want to have the holiday of a lifetime. However, they cannot afford it until they see an advert for a babysitting job at the palace.'
Win a SIGNED set of Treehouse books!
The Treehouse books are hugely popular and deservedly so. Created by Andy Griffiths and Terry Denton, the books are full of imagination and incredibly funny. It started with The 13-Storey Treehouse and now there are 6 in the series, including 78-Storey Treehouse published in January.
If you haven't read them yet try your luck in our prize giveaway! We are giving away FIVE sets of the first FOUR books in the series, all SIGNED!
To have a chance of winning one of these great prizes, click the button below. Please note that this draw is open only for UK residents and is free to enter, multiple entries from the same email address will only be counted once.
The draw closes on 2 March 2017. The winners will be notified by 16 March 2017.
The Royal Babysitters by Clementine Beauvais
Anna and Holly have spotted an advert in the paper for a Holy Moly Holiday - the intergalactic vacation of a lifetime. They simply CAN'T not go. But how will they get enough money? Simple: they'll become royal babysitters for a day. Unfortunately, the girls are in for a shock. Once King Steve and Queen Sheila have left, they discover there isn't just one prince to look after. There are six. And worse, the country's arch enemy, King Alaspooryorick of Daneland, has decided to stage an invasion. Will the girls be able to keep their royal charges safe and still go on their dream holiday?
About the Author
Interest Age: from 7 to 9
More books by Clementine Beauvais
Bloomsbury Publishing PLC
11th September 2014
I think Lovereading4kids is an amazing company because of the friendly staff and the fabulous chance to read great books before publication.Adam Graham
Writing reviews help the children with their literacy skills and we always read the books together which gives us good quality family time!Cat Bisland (on behalf of the Bi
We love Lovereading4kids because they put books in front of us we wouldn’t otherwise have read. They make us more adventurous readers!Emily Jacques
I have told all my friends, family & teachers to see for themselves just how great the site is. Without fail, they are hugely impressed.Alexander Boxall – age 11
Love “Lovereading4kids” as my son gets to hear about & read new books before his mates which keeps him interested in reading=a very happy MumLiz Evans
I love Lovereading because I often never know what to read and this helps you find a good book. I have recommended this to many people.Shannon-Louise Masters – age 15
It’s a community united by a passion for books and promoting the best there is in children’s literature.Sam Bateman and family
It has introduced my children to books we hadn’t come across before. Real children’s reviews gives a great insight into what others think toLorraine Woods