The Royal Babysitters
Written by Clementine Beauvais
Illustrated by Becka Moor
Lovereading4kids Price £4.79
£5.99 saving £1.20 (20%)
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
The Lovereading4Kids comment
October 2014 Book of the Month Silly jokes and madcap adventures are the order of the day in this very funny and highly illustrated royalty-themed series for younger readers.
Kids love to read and so in addition to our Lovereading expert opinion some of our Lovereading4kids Reader Review Panel were also lucky enough to read and review this title. You can read their full reviews by clicking here.
- Sabina Beinart-Smith, age 6 - 'This book is full of imagination. Holly and Anna meet six baby princes all called Bertie, robotic giant squid, robotic mermaids, the King’s mean mum, and nasty humming birds.'
- Daniel Harrison, age 8 - 'I really liked this book. Pepino was my favourite character. He was funny because he acted all spoilt and to him every time was a time for ice-cream.'
- Lauren Randall, age 6 - 'This is a very good book, which is very funny. I highly recommend it and can’t wait to read the next one.'
- Dylan Sweet, age 11 - 'I love this book because it is hilarious and has a very weird plot. The characters in this book are totally bonkers!'
- Erica, age 7 and Lulia, age 6 - 'The end was very surprising and the illustrations very good.'
- Sathana, age 9 - 'This book was funny. I laughed my head off...I loved this book sooo much.'
- Lucy Keaveny, age 8 - 'Holly and Anna want to have the holiday of a lifetime. However, they cannot afford it until they see an advert for a babysitting job at the palace.'
Win a Limited Edition copy of The Smartest Giant in Town!
The Smartest Giant in Town, a modern classic by the uber-talented team of Julia Donaldson and Axel Sheffler, is celebrating its 15th Anniversary.
To mark this occasion we will be giving away FIVE copies of this limited edition storybook. To have a chance of winning one of these great prizes, click the button below. Please note that this draw is open only for UK residents and is free to enter, multiple entries from the same email address will only be counted once.
The draw closes on 6 February 2017. The winners will be notified by 20 February 2017.
The Royal Babysitters by Clementine Beauvais
Anna and Holly have spotted an advert in the paper for a Holy Moly Holiday - the intergalactic vacation of a lifetime. They simply CAN'T not go. But how will they get enough money? Simple: they'll become royal babysitters for a day. Unfortunately, the girls are in for a shock. Once King Steve and Queen Sheila have left, they discover there isn't just one prince to look after. There are six. And worse, the country's arch enemy, King Alaspooryorick of Daneland, has decided to stage an invasion. Will the girls be able to keep their royal charges safe and still go on their dream holiday?
About the Author
Interest Age: from 7 to 9
More books by Clementine Beauvais
Bloomsbury Publishing PLC
11th September 2014
I love Lovereading because I often never know what to read and this helps you find a good book. I have recommended this to many people.Shannon-Louise Masters – age 15
A great way to introduce kids to great books, authors & genres. Parents can find age-appropriate books to share with their children.Judi Davies – Aberdare Girls Sch
I love lovereading4kids because I’ve read amazing books I would never have picked up, and its opened doors to new genre’s I now love.Harriet Cunningham
I am so pleased to have signed my kids up as they are reading a much wider range of books and even choosing books out of their comfort zone.Angela East
We love Lovereading4kids because it promotes reading choices, new authors and a sense of community for children of all ages!Rachel Bridgeman
This company is amazing; not only is it is a great opportunity to get books and review them but everyone is so friendly and supportive!Jemma Rubens, age 10
LoveReading4Kids is a modern and creative way of emphasising the value and importance of books in this digital age #booksforlifeAmrit Bunet – Teen
It has introduced my children to books we hadn’t come across before. Real children’s reviews gives a great insight into what others think toLorraine Woods