Mountwood School for Ghosts
Written by Toby Ibbotson
Lovereading4kids Price £10.39
£12.99 saving £2.60 (20%)
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
The Lovereading4Kids comment
One of our Books of the Year 2014- October 2014 Book of the Month Best-loved author Eva Ibbotson had a gift for making magical worlds both come alive and be wonderfully credible. Her hand guides this delightful story of a top-secret school for ghosts where anything and everything unusual can – and does - take place. Despairing at the very low standard of modern day ghosts, the Great Hagges, Fredegonda, Goneril and Drusilla, set up the school to raise standards of haunting. Can they inject some backbone and style into their charges? And can they manage the problems of their two human pupils, Daniel and Charlotte as well? Mountwood School is a riotous place which is making haunting a very serious business!
Kids love to read and so in addition to our Lovereading expert opinion some of our Lovereading4kids Reader Review Panel were also lucky enough to read and review this title.
- Jasmine Harris-Hart, age 12 - 'It is a funny and exciting story. It is written in three parts and I liked the layout of the book. I really enjoyed reading this book and I read it to my dog!' Read full review >
- Lola Thurston-Mathews, age 8 - 'This was an awesome book. It was very descriptive and I found it funny, exciting and gruesome! I would recommend it to anyone who likes ghost stories though maybe for a slightly older reader.' Read full review >
- Rachel Ilsley, age 10 - 'This book was very funny and I couldn’t put it down. This is a cleverly thought up story which I thoroughly enjoyed.' Read full review >
- Daisy Pritchard-Williams, age 10 - 'I really liked Mountwood School for Ghosts because it was funny, a bit scary and adventurous.' Read full review >
- Lucas, age 9 - 'An excellent book! I would highly recommend this book to people who like warlock and phantom stories.' Read full review >
- Leoni Williams age 9 - 'Well I did enjoy this book a little bit but mum says maybe bit was a bit old for me because I got lost alot.' Read full review >
- Daniel Aconley, age 11 - 'A very descriptive story showing a different side to ghosts.' Read full review >
- Brodie Greenslade, age 8 - 'A story of ghosts and humans working together to save their homes. Slow paced but funny in parts.' Read full review >
- Sophie Bridges, age 11 - 'I think this book is very suitable for my age and I think other children reading this book will really enjoy it and the adventures are good and there are some good ideas.' Read full review >
Mountwood School for Ghosts by Toby Ibbotson
The Great Hagges have come to the conclusion that ghosts have gone soft and just can’t scare anyone anymore. So, in the hope they can bring some terror back to the world, they set up a school for ghosts. Soon ghosts are flocking to the school hoping to improve their ghostly ways. When two young (and very much alive) children need help they turn, in desperation, to the Mountwood School for Ghosts. Will the ghosts be able to push aside their feelings of self-doubt and inadequacy and rise to the challenge to help young Daniel and Charlotte scare off their powerful enemies?
This funny, delightful ghost story from Toby Ibbotson, son of award-winning author Eva Ibbotson will thrill young ghost lovers everywhere.
About the Author
Interest Age: From 9
More books by Toby Ibbotson
Macmillan Children's Books an imprint of Pan Macmillan
9th October 2014
It’s a community united by a passion for books and promoting the best there is in children’s literature.Sam Bateman and family
LoveReading4Kids is a modern and creative way of emphasising the value and importance of books in this digital age #booksforlifeAmrit Bunet – Teen
It gives me a chance to read types of books that I would not normally try, and it motivates me to read every night to finish it!Alice Horncastle, age 14
A great way to introduce kids to great books, authors & genres. Parents can find age-appropriate books to share with their children.Judi Davies – Aberdare Girls Sch
Love “Lovereading4kids” as my son gets to hear about & read new books before his mates which keeps him interested in reading=a very happy MumLiz Evans
I love all the books they recommend & put up for me to review. I also love the fact that they give new authors the chance to share their booDaisy Pennock – age 15
We love Lovereading4kids because they put books in front of us we wouldn’t otherwise have read. They make us more adventurous readers!Emily Jacques
It is THE website to use for narrowing down your search for any book. Definitely knocks the socks off any other book review website.Nickey and Tomasz Hawryszczuk