The House of Hades
Written by Rick Riordan
Part of the Heroes of Olympus Series
Lovereading4kids Price £6.39
£7.99 saving £1.60 (20%)
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
The Lovereading4Kids comment
November 2014 Book of the Month The powerful forces of the gods, demi-gods and monster shape this action packed adventure in which danger lurks in every corner of the universe. Hazel is back from the Underworld and she has a vital mission to complete; on her shoulders rests the rescue of Percy and Annabeth who have fallen into Tartarus. Every route she might take is fraught with danger; every decision poses risks to her life. But Hazel finds the courage to dare stand against Hecate and make the daring rescue that will save them all.
The House of Hades is the fourth book in the bestselling Heroes of Olympus series, set in the action-packed world of Percy Jackson.
The Heroes of Olympus -
Kids love to read and so in addition to our Lovereading expert opinion some of our Lovereading4kids Reader Review Panel were also lucky enough to read and review the first title in this exciting series, The Lost Hero. You can read their reviews below.
- Edel Waugh - 'This is the beginning of an adrenaline packed adventure combining modern day heros with Greek mythology , monsters and demigods...!!!!!!!! I can't wait to find out what happens next!' Read full review >
- Stacie Ball - 'Packed full of adventure, friendship and mixture of Roman and Greek mythology, this story will leave you hungry for more and entertained for hours.' Read full review >
- Celeste Phelan, age 13 - 'A Thrilling mythical adventure. Which keeps you hooked throughout and on the edge of your seat. The story is about bravery and trusting your friends.' Read full review >
- Poppy, age 15 - 'I really enjoyed Heroes Of Olympus: The Lost Hero It was very gripping and I found it vey hard to put it down, it had a great storyline and characters.' Read full review >
- Ines Davies, age 13 - 'I was drawn in from the very first page, from there it just got better and better!' Read full review >
The House of Hades by Rick Riordan
The stakes have never been higher. If Percy Jackson and Annabeth fail in their quest, there'll be hell on Earth. Literally. Wandering the deadly realm of Tartarus, every step leads them further into danger. And, if by some miracle they do make it to the Doors of Death, there's a legion of bloodthirsty monsters waiting for them. Meanwhile, Hazel and the crew of the Argo II have a choice: to stop a war or save their friends. Whichever road they take one thing is certain - in the Underworld, evil is inescapable.
For more Heroes of Olympus information, trailers, competitions and activities visit www.percyjackson.co.uk
A cracking read Sunday Express
Explosive Big Issue
About the Author
Interest Age: From 9
More books by Rick Riordan
Author's Facebook Latest
Puffin Books an imprint of Penguin Books Ltd
2nd October 2014
It’s really exciting to read and review new books, thrilling to see my reviews online and I love finding the final published copies on sale.Sam Harper – age 10
I love ‘LoveReading 4 kids’ because they let you read and learn things you’d never dreamed of learning before.Emily Horncastle – age 11
I love all the books they recommend & put up for me to review. I also love the fact that they give new authors the chance to share their booDaisy Pennock – age 15
It has introduced my children to books we hadn’t come across before. Real children’s reviews gives a great insight into what others think toLorraine Woods
I think Lovereading4kids is an amazing company because of the friendly staff and the fabulous chance to read great books before publication.Adam Graham
We love Lovereading4kids because they put books in front of us we wouldn’t otherwise have read. They make us more adventurous readers!Emily Jacques
Lovereading4kids is great, we get books really early never late. We love to read and review, and think you would like it too. The excitementJasmine Harris-Hart, age 12
I am so pleased to have signed my kids up as they are reading a much wider range of books and even choosing books out of their comfort zone.Angela East